It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do! UPDATE 1/24/15!!!!!!!!

Aw man. Not a fan of being a responsible adult! Nah, it's definitely the right thing to do and like you said you'll be DVC members soon!

I can't believe how foggy MK is! It makes for some cool pictures though.

PUSH!!! I'm heartbroken that he isn't around anymore. I adored him.

OMG the dog in the Minnie ears!!! I love it.

I have to apologize for getting so far behind. I've been doing better with DISing this week, but last week was like one of two posts a day.

I love this picture. The fog makes such a cool background with no one around. Amazing how the morning started out so crappy for you and then turned to bright, sunny, and humid.

I think Cynthia & I sat at the same table for breakfast at CP. I have never been that close to so many princesses and they are all super tiny.

I also love all the AK pictures in the fog. The one with you guys in front on EE almost gives the appearance that its snowing.

Yay for the DVC tour. We toured the GF models last June and bought a very small contract. We will FINALLY be staying there in October! FINALLY!!!!! :cool1: I hope you do decide to purchase DVC. It really is awesome.

I hope to stay caught up now. Thanks for all the great updates and pictures!

Hi Ashley! I've been reading along and enjoying your report!

Even through the fog, you captured some pretty awesome photos! I like that you took pictures of your view in Cinderella's Castle. I never knew there was that dress there, so thanks for that bit of info.

Your castle photo is great! It's a shame the crane was there.

Glad you said hello!

We thought the fog kind of added a surreal feel to everything. We could not help but take pictures from our vantage point. It was so neat. And I love that dress up there. I look up every time I walk by it. That is one of the worst things about when we go. The crane is out most days. We do usually have a day when it is not out though so we make sure to get pictures!

What a great view you had from your window at CRT and that rescue dog. So adorable!

I love the window displays at Disney. They are just so perfect :love:

We loved it! Both times we have been there we get a window seat. Perk of being a party of 2. The puppy was so sweet! She had just had some water and was sitting so nice. We thanked them profusely for letting us take a picture. I love the window displays too! I know someone puts a lot of effort into designing them.

Wow - what cool pics of Magic Kingdom in the fog! So eerie yet very neat. I don't think I've ever seen a pic of the Castle in fog like that.

I especially loved the pic of Beast's Castle. Such a cool shot!

Thank you! Jeremy never passes up a chance to take a different type of photo. When we have unique environments, he starts snapping away.

Aw man. Not a fan of being a responsible adult! Nah, it's definitely the right thing to do and like you said you'll be DVC members soon!

I can't believe how foggy MK is! It makes for some cool pictures though.

PUSH!!! I'm heartbroken that he isn't around anymore. I adored him.

OMG the dog in the Minnie ears!!! I love it.

I am pretty sure we will join in the next year. We go every year, so why not?

It was very odd. We have bee there on two occasions when it was like that. t does make for interesting pictures.

I am so sad he is gone. I don't ride Space Mountain so I would usually wait for Jeremy on a bench in that area and see PUSH every year. He had never seen him and was so aggravated that he always missed him. It was about a week after we got home when they said they were removing him. He was glad he saw it once.

That dog was precious!

I have to apologize for getting so far behind. I've been doing better with DISing this week, but last week was like one of two posts a day.

I love this picture. The fog makes such a cool background with no one around. Amazing how the morning started out so crappy for you and then turned to bright, sunny, and humid.

I think Cynthia & I sat at the same table for breakfast at CP. I have never been that close to so many princesses and they are all super tiny.

I also love all the AK pictures in the fog. The one with you guys in front on EE almost gives the appearance that its snowing.

Yay for the DVC tour. We toured the GF models last June and bought a very small contract. We will FINALLY be staying there in October! FINALLY!!!!! :cool1: I hope you do decide to purchase DVC. It really is awesome.

I hope to stay caught up now. Thanks for all the great updates and pictures!

Hey, life happens! Just glad you were able to check in!

We thought the fog was great for the pictures. Let me tell you, it did turn humid. Big time!

Hello all! Wow, what a hectic week it has been. I have another crazy one coming up as well. I have to fly to Dallas early Monday morning for work. I will be back late Wednesday night. I don't usually mind traveling for work, but it is over 100 degrees in Dallas right now! :scared1:

When I left off, we had decided to cool off for a bit as all of the fog had burned off and it was hot and humid. We didn't want t go back to the hotel, so we decided to go to the Grand Floridian and look through the shops. Here are some pics on the monorail.

We pull up to the Grand Floridian and Jeremy remembers that he left our CRT picture in the locker. He headed back to get it and I went to find a place to rest while I waited.

Wow, the sun had really made my freckles show up! :rotfl:

Just a little afternoon entertainment!

Soon Jeremy was back and we wandered around for about 45 minutes. We decided to head to Downtown Disney and shop. We went out to the bus stop and waited for a bus. This was the first place we saw the bus time monitors. I hope they eventually get put at every resort!

Agent P at DTD!

While shopping, we had a discussion. See, Animal Kingdom always closes at 5 when we are there. Well, it was staying open until 8 tonight. I told Jeremy we could go so he could ride EE in the dark (he never had before). He hemmed and hawed for a bit since I wouldn't be doing anything there. I told him I would be happy to go and just see AK at night. He was like, "nah, it is ok." So I did what every good southern wife would do. I put on my mom voice and said, " Jeremy we are going to AK tonight and that is final. You heard me?" Before you start judging my grammar, you heard me is a New Orleans phrase. It absolutely should be "Do you hear me" but it is so ingrained it comes out. There may or may not have been some finger pointing going on as well. :rolleyes1 I receive a "yes dear" and it was settled. We headed back to Pop for dinner and to drop our bags off. I switched out of my backpack and grabbed my purse. No need for everything. Jeremy left his backpack. We both got chicken Caesar salads and rice crispy treats for dessert. We got a fountain drink to share and a bottle of water to take with us.

We headed to AK about 6:30. A bus showed up promptly and we were off. Jeremy loved riding EE in the dark. I really enjoyed looking at AK after dark. It was almost like seeing a different park. Here are the few pictures we have.

We left at about 7:30 and were back at the Pop around 8. We put on our jammies and watched the Superbowl halftime show.

Up Next: Our plans are absolutely changing.

The Grand is such a nice place to sit and relax, especially when there's live music!

We got to see the bus time TVs when we stayed at POR, they were awesome!

Haha aww so sweet of you to "make" him ride Everest at night!!

Hi, just caught up with your trip report and am loving it! My husband and I were there the same week and were also celebrating our 5 year anniversary, small world! I can't wait to read more about your trip!

The Grand is such a nice place to sit and relax, especially when there's live music!

We got to see the bus time TVs when we stayed at POR, they were awesome!

Haha aww so sweet of you to "make" him ride Everest at night!!

Since I am a music dork, I love to listen to live music. I truly enjoy bands like this. I have spent so much time in my life playing music that it is sometimes nice to listen. Of course, by the time I am done, I am itching to play! :rotfl:

I am definitely looking forward to POFQ and hoping they have them there!

Sometimes you have to lay down the law in Disney. :rotfl2:

Hi, just caught up with your trip report and am loving it! My husband and I were there the same week and were also celebrating our 5 year anniversary, small world! I can't wait to read more about your trip!

What a small world! We love to go during this time of year. Usually it is not too crowded and the weather is definitely better than at home!

Howdy partners! I had a successful business trip to Dallas and made it home safely. Can't ask for more than that! It was rather warm there and it was the same when I got home. I has been running in the 90's with a heat index of 110. So I am pretending I am at the Rose and Crown and enjoying an ice cold Harps!

We are now up to Monday. You know the half way part of your trip where you feel a little more relaxed. I have a confession to make, I am a planner. I mean I print out a calendar from Outlook and write down what parks for the day, the hours for all parks, and any dining reservation. This will still be done even though we have the app! We got up and watched the weather. We were planning on Animal Kingdom today. It was in the high 80's and high humidity again. Nope, change of plans! I decided to switch it to later in the week and move that day (Hollywood Studios) to today. Only afternoon fast passes available. No worries, we will just go to Epcot first!

We headed in and hit Spaceship Earth. To me, this is always a great way to start your day at Epcot. It is a classic! We decided to go to the Character spot as the wait was not posted as more than 5 minutes. Why not? A picture along the way.

First up was the main man himself. We got his autograph, of course, and cheesed it up.

Next was everyone's favorite side kick, Goofy!

Finally it was Minnie. I posted these individual pictures because I really like the way they turned out.

We decided to head on over to Nemo and then on to Figment. Here is a picture of me talking, imagine that.

Jeremy loves to take pictures of the shelves in the line.

My favorite character!

We decided to get some popcorn and enjoy the fountain. I truly love this area. After a short rest and snack, we took a picture in one of our favorite spots.

It was now time to head to World Showcase and the International Gateway. We love this feature. I was hopping we could sit outside on the boat because you get a nice breeze and great pictures. We were in luck and were able to sit outside. Here are the pictures from our ride.

We got married there!!!!!!

Soon we were docking at Hollywood Studios. Time to eat!!!!!

Up Next: I am getting that!

Adorable Character Spot pics! I love the ones with Minnie too!

And such stunning views from that boat ride! I've only ridden it once but it's such a beautiful setting.

Adorable Character Spot pics! I love the ones with Minnie too!

And such stunning views from that boat ride! I've only ridden it once but it's such a beautiful setting.

It s nice when you have a short wait there and can be in and out.

The weather was beautiful. Hot, but pretty!
:cool1:

Happy Labor Day weekend! I hope everyone has had a good week. I had to travel Monday, clients in office Tuesday and Wednesday, and traveled again Thursday. Glad I have three days off!!!!

When I left off, we were heading to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon. It was lunch time so the first order of business was finding grub.

Here is a pic on the way in.

We went to a new to us spot, Pizza Planet. It was pretty busy in there, so Jeremy got in line while I got silverware and napkins. Before I headed off, I looked at the menu and decided I wanted cheese pizza and salad. Jeremy got pepperoni and salad. He got a chocolate chip cookie. I said same for me. I tuned to head to get our napkins and stuff, and saw a poster for a seasonal cupcake. I stopped dead in my tracks and said, "Jeremy, I am getting THAT!" It was a lemon cupcake with a mound of icing and blueberry filling. Sooooo good!

Isn't it gorgeous? :lovestruc

Here is a pic from our seat.

After we were done, it was time for our fast pass for the Great Movie Ride. We got the gangster scene, as always. After the thrill ride, I needed a potty break. On to Toy Story!

I won best in car!!!!!!

We went over to the animation academy and watched the movie. After we watched the movie, we took the which character are you quiz. I got Mulan and Jeremy got Cogsworth. This is a great place to take a break from the heat.

Jeremy had a fast pass for ToT so we headed there. Here is his ride photo:

The boy next to him looks like he is having a great time. The woman just looks confused. We decided to grab a frozen lemonade and people watch. They saw our anniversary button and gave us a free Mickey shaped sugar cookie. It is the little things that make me happy!

We decided to head out and go back to the hotel to rest. We had made some plans for later and had some time to waste. Here are some pictures on the way out.

We took a bus back to the hotel. We decided to eat there and then head out. Jeremy had fish and chips and I had chicken and alfredo pasta. So where were we going? To the Magic Kingdom to see my favorite parade from my childhood, the Main Street Electrical Parade. Here is a picture on our way in:

While we were waiting, Jeremy took some pictures of the window displays.

Here is a picture of me right before the parade!

I was so happy! I hummed along and danced around. As soon as the parade was over, we headed out. Three parks in one day!

Up Next: The Rules Apply to You too Mister.

Way to go - 3 parks in one day! :cool1: That's never an easy feat.

That cupcake looks so delish!

Great PP pics of you two!

I know there's more I want to say but I dozed off while reading (not out of boredom - just from lack of sleep) and now I can't remember. :rolleyes1

I hope you have a great weekend too!

Way to go - 3 parks in one day! :cool1: That's never an easy feat.

That cupcake looks so delish!

Great PP pics of you two!

I know there's more I want to say but I dozed off while reading (not out of boredom - just from lack of sleep) and now I can't remember. :rolleyes1

I hope you have a great weekend too!

That is one of the reasons we love park hoppers. If we go to a park and only do 2 things before hopping, no big deal!

That cupcake was great! It was actually fairly light and delicious. I eyeballed it the entire time I was eating. Jeremy finally said, "Ok, eat half your pizza and all of your salad and you can have it." I was a happy girl.

Hey, I sit in front of a computer all day at work and the when I get home to do what I want to do, I start to fade fast!

Hiya Friends! I hope you all had an awesome week. Football tarts this week and my Saints play tomorrow!!!!!!! :happytv:

WHO DAT!

That is the closest to Gold the Dis has. :rotfl:

Ok, back to Disney.

We are now up to Tuesday. When we were planning, we decided to do Epcot all day. We got up nice and early. It was hot and humid again so we decided to try and do a walk up lunch somewhere so we could have a mid day break. I had a bit of a sore throat. I was hopping it was just a little post nasal drip and no biggie but made the decision to grab some OJ on the way to the bus. Shortly we were walking into Epcot. Some pics on the way in.

First stop was Spaceship Earth. I have always loved this ride. We love all versions of it, but we always crack up at the video at the end. Funny faces are made every time we ride. We ride several times a trip. We headed ot and cut over to Nemo.

Then it was off to see my main man Figment.

It was time for our Test Track fast pass. We get in the fast pass line and go on through. We get to the loading area where the standby, fast pass, and single rider line all converge at the loading dock. The cast member motioned for one person from the single rider line and a family of three walked up. The cast member said no, just one and all three kept pressing forward. The father tried to play the we don't speak English well and we don't want our daughter riding alone with strangers. The cast member advised that if they wanted to ride together, they would have to go back out and get in the standby line. You go cast member! Guess who got put with us? The sullen daughter. In our picture, you can see Jeremy and I are having a blast and she is having none of it!

Oh well, I had a great time.

We decided to head into World Showcase and see if Rose and Crown had a walk up available. A few pictures along the way.

Can we just talk for a minute about the changing from the Kodak picture spot to the Nikon picture spot? I get your sponsor changed, but make a new sign, don't just slap a sticker on the old one. This looks really cheap.

EXTERMINATE!

The Rose and Crown had a walk up. We were seated outside. It wasn't too bad as there was a breeze and shade. We both had fish and chips.

Oh there you are Perry!

We went on our trip around World Showcase. And now, just pictures.

Continued next post.

Jeremy wanted to get a Perry and have it stamped. I used it for a fan. Very handy.

We decided to get a snack in Germany. We tried a new one for us. We got a pineapple spear covered in milk chocolate and caramel. Oh my gosh, this was amazing. It tasted so nice on such a warm day. There was plenty there to split.

We walked to the African Outpost to eat. While there, we decided we were ready to start making our way back to the hotel. When we finished up World Showcase, we would head out. And now the rest of our walk.

We rode The Gran Fiesta Tour and headed out. We stopped in Mouse Gears for a few minutes. We were heading back to the hotel at about 4:45. What a long day! We headed to the food court about 6:30 and grabbed dinner. Jeremy had pepperoni pizza and salad and I had chicken and pasta. Jeremy got cheesecake for later and I got strawberries. We fell into bed early and were OUT. We were so tired. I do not think I moved at all that night.

Up Next: Our Best Friends!

Oh you two love birds - smooching all over the World Showcase! :thumbsup2

That is really too funny about the single rider family. Did they really think they were going to ride together. :confused3 Your right - daughter looks thrilled. :laughing:

That pineapple slice with chocolate looks super yummy!

Yay for Rose & Crown being a walk up!

Looks like an absolutely awesome day at Epcot!

Love reading about your trip! We are planning our first trip to WDW and reading your posts is really making me excited. Where did you get your anniversary buttons? Our trip is to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I'd love for us to find buttons.

Oh you two love birds - smooching all over the World Showcase! :thumbsup2

That is really too funny about the single rider family. Did they really think they were going to ride together. :confused3 Your right - daughter looks thrilled. :laughing:

That pineapple slice with chocolate looks super yummy!

Yay for Rose & Crown being a walk up!

Looks like an absolutely awesome day at Epcot!

It is so funny to be there and hear people say "awwwww" every time. Makes you feel like a rock star.

I really think they did. The dad was like hovering in the unloading zone waiting for her. When we got back he stepped over and I had to ask him to move so I could get out of the car.

That pineapple was amazing. It was nice and cool and was very refreshing on a warm day.

We had a blast! But we were dragging butt by the time we got back to the hotel.

Love reading about your trip! We are planning our first trip to WDW and reading your posts is really making me excited. Where did you get your anniversary buttons? Our trip is to celebrate our 25th anniversary and I'd love for us to find buttons.

So glad you are enjoying it! I love reading trip reports just as much as I love writing them. Oh man! First visit!!! That will be so much fun. You have to make sure you get a first visit button as well as an anniversary button. You can get them at your hotel's front desk if staying on property or at any park at guest services.

Hey all! I am stopping in to do an update. I have several business trips over the next few weeks. I will do my best to post weekly updates. If I can't, I will get caught up soon. On with the story!!!!!!!

This morning we had a 9:15 reservation for Crystal Palace. It was hot and humid again and I still had a sore throat. I felt ok otherwise. We got up early enough to ensure we would get to see the opening show. It was as great as ever. Even with the child on the shoulders in front of us.

We went in and headed to our destination.

We had a short wait and then it was time to eat. We were seated on the left side of Crystal Palace and grabbed some food before the characters came. Between the two of us, we had eggs, bacon, sausage links, biscuit, croissant, grits, potato casserole, strawberries, pineapple, and puffed French toast. And now, the character parade.

Photobucket is being dumb and won't let me rotate the picture, so it is staying sideways. :rotfl:

Same thing here.

It was time to waddle out to start our day. We headed over to Tomorrowland We took this on the way over.

We headed to Buzz. He was surprised to see us!

Jeremy won and we decided to ride again. I did horrible both times. In the first picture I was having fun. I was done by the second picture. :lmao:

That is a great face!!!!

We took two spins on the People Mover then headed to the Tea Cups. We decided to head to the Haunted Mansion, but made a detour to ride It's a Small World. Before we went to the Haunted Mansion, we had a potty break with Rapunzel. Some of my favorite pictures.

Continued Next Post

After the Haunted Mansion, Jeremy played a Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom mission in Frontierland. We headed to Pirates and went on cruise. Time for a snack! We got a Dole whip and took a short break. It was then time for Under the Sea. Here are some pictures along the way.

After our Journey, it started to rain. We decided the Carousel of Progress was in order. It was still sprinkling when we were done, so over to the People Mover again. When we were done, we decided to start heading out of the park. Jeremy wanted to do Buzz again as the wait was short. I was still thrilled.

He was concentrating on winning. We were ready to head out but we didn't want to go back to the hotel. We decided to head to the Contemporary to look around. We did stop so Jeremy could play the Sorcerers game on Main Street. Pictures on the way out.

We went around and looked at all the shops. Here is the only picture.

When we were done, we took a bus to DTD. When we got there, we were both tired and decided to just go back to the Pop. We had dinner there. Jeremy had chicken nuggets and fries and I had nachos. Jeremy got a cupcake and I got this.

Very rich. I ate some of it and put it in the fridge We grabbed a frozen margarita and rested in the room. AK Tomorrow!

Up Next: C'mon Man!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter