It's Not a Doughnut, But It Will Do! UPDATE 1/24/15!!!!!!!!

You're killing it with the magic shots. I think Tinkerbell has become a permanent fixture in your hands! :thumbsup2

I love CP breakfast. It's absolutely one of my favorite. I love the stuffed french toast.

What a fun day in the MK! Looks like you guys had a blast despite your seriousness on Buzz Lightyear! :lmao:

I had a blast playing the Sorcerer's game last October. It was really cute.

OMG - that cookie/brownie thing with the M&M's looks amazing!

I wanted that hat cupcake SO BADLY!!! It's so adorable!

I love MSEP too. It's so fun and the music makes me so happy.

HA I like the Stitch magic shot!

Crystal Palace breakfast is my new favorite meal at Disney. I love that puffed French toast!!

You're killing it with the magic shots. I think Tinkerbell has become a permanent fixture in your hands! :thumbsup2

I love CP breakfast. It's absolutely one of my favorite. I love the stuffed french toast.

What a fun day in the MK! Looks like you guys had a blast despite your seriousness on Buzz Lightyear! :lmao:

I had a blast playing the Sorcerer's game last October. It was really cute.

OMG - that cookie/brownie thing with the M&M's looks amazing!

Tink is my best friend at Disney sometimes. That is always the magic shot I get. That is ok though, I don't mind.

I love CP breakfast. We are doing a dinner there this time. It is new to us, so I hope we enjoy it. We will be eating there our first night!

You know, I ate a few bites of it and put it in the fridge and that was it. Of course we were leaving 2 days later so I didn't have very long. It was tasty.

I wanted that hat cupcake SO BADLY!!! It's so adorable!

I love MSEP too. It's so fun and the music makes me so happy.

HA I like the Stitch magic shot!

Crystal Palace breakfast is my new favorite meal at Disney. I love that puffed French toast!!

It was so yummy! It was almost light and sort of refreshing.

That is my favorite parade. Of all time!!!!!!

I love Stitch man too.

Crystal Palace is the place to be!

Howdy everyone! Hope all is going well. We are having some nice weather today. We had a charity event today, the Dragon Boat Race, and my company had a team. I spent the morning at the river front cheering and laughing. And having a few drinks too! Then I went to lunch with some friends. So now I am at home cooling off and thought it was a great time to write an update.

We are now up to our second to last full day. Jeremy hopped out of bed and got in the shower. I rolled over and realized I felt like dirt. Apparently I had more than just sore throat. I got out of bed slowly. By this time, Jeremy was showered and dressed. I asked him to go pick up some cold medicine while I took a shower. I felt better after the nice long shower. We decided to head t the food court and get some grub and take our time going to Animal Kingdom. We walked in about 8:30. RUN, DON'T WALK FROM THE POP FOOD COURT AT 8:30! Sweet Lord that place was a mad house. Jeremy got a bounty platter and I got a Pop waffle with berries and bacon. Finding a seat was hard as there were 2 tour groups there spread out across the ENTIRE place. We were able to find a spot and ate quickly and headed out to the bus stops.

There were photopass photographers out front, so of coursed we stopped!

Our first attraction of the day was Dinosaur. It was a walk on. We had a FP, but did not need it. Here is our ride photo.

Jeremy wanted to get one more ride in on Everest. Here are our pictures on the way over.

Here is Jeremy's ride photo.

We decided to walk over towards Africa.

And we came across the most amazing photopass photographer. We had a complete photo shoot. He was amazing!

Con't next post.

These don't need words. Just enjoy the goofiness.

He was great and had us laughing the whole time. There was a family waiting but he took his time and didn't rush. I really appreciated that! It was actually pretty chilly out, so we decided to see It's Tough to Be a Bug and Finding Nemo and go back to the resort to get jackets and eat. Here are the res of our pictures.

And now, the last photo of the update. Jeremy and I have this thing we do where if the other one is ahead while walking, the one behind will call out wait for me and do the little kid falling out run with our hands pulled up. If we do not do it, the one in front will usually say come on, do it! Jeremy turns around and says do it and snaps this pic.

That might just be the best T-Rex impersonation you will ever see! :rotfl2:

We headed back to the Pop and grabbed some lunch. Jeremy had chicken nuggets and fries and I had a meatball sub and salad. We ate quickly and grabbed a jacket and we were off to Epcot.

Up Next: Look Surprised!!!!!

It looks like that cold medicine did the trick for you. There is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! I hope you continue to feel well for the remainder of your time there.

I love that you got so many great PP pictures. The close ups of you and Jeremy are really amazingly good. What a great photographer! Nice work!

OMG - and Jeremy's ride photo with those guys totally cracked me up! :rotfl2:

Being sick on vacation is the worst :( I'm glad the meds and shower helped!

I feel ya on the Pop food court. We went every morning around 7 or 7:30 and it was so quiet and nice. The one morning we went at 9, it was INSANITY.

Your Everest pics together are so cute :goodvibes

It looks like that cold medicine did the trick for you. There is nothing worse than getting sick on vacation! I hope you continue to feel well for the remainder of your time there.

I love that you got so many great PP pictures. The close ups of you and Jeremy are really amazingly good. What a great photographer! Nice work!

OMG - and Jeremy's ride photo with those guys totally cracked me up! :rotfl2:

I will let you in on a secret, I didn't get better until I got home and went to the doctor. I powered through, but it was rough!

I am still considering taking some of those and getting larger size pictures to hang in our house. I think they turned out great!

He always has great ride pictures!

Being sick on vacation is the worst :( I'm glad the meds and shower helped!

I feel ya on the Pop food court. We went every morning around 7 or 7:30 and it was so quiet and nice. The one morning we went at 9, it was INSANITY.

Your Everest pics together are so cute :goodvibes

I was amazed buy the food court. People walked through the doors an COMPLETELY LOST THEIR MINDS! Yelling and running and pushing, and that wasn't even the kids.

Thank you! I was so pleased with them when we got home.

Hiya pal! It has been a long week, but some good news. I have been given an opportunity at work to go on the road and do training of some new large clients we have just started working with. It will ensure a smooth transition for them starting to use our services, make it easier for me to collect money for them, and be a step up for me. Win all the way around! Only drawback is I will be away from home a good bit over the next few months. I will be fine, but I am not so sure about Jeremy! :rotfl:

I am also missing Disney horribly right now. We leave across the street from a large park. It has harness horse racing there and all kinds of events. The circus is there this weekend and seeing the big top makes me miss Storybook Circus! Not too much longer....

When I left off, we ad headed back to the hotel to grab jackets and head back out. We decided to head to Epcot. I will be honest with you, this update is a short one with not a lot of pictures! We went to Spaceship Earth first and took a relaxing trip through history. I was a little tired so I suggested Ellen Jeremy was up for it, so off we went. I know this ride takes forever, but we ride it once every trip. At one point in time we need a long rest and since I was feeling poorly, today was it. We also were running out of time. The next day was our last parks day. Figment was up next (I can't go to Epcot and not ride it). Look who we saw on the way!

See Jeremy's jacket? When we were at the hotel he said he wasn't cold and that he didn't need a jacket. He said I was just cold because I felt bad. Well, when we got to Epcot, he realized it was cooler than he thought. We went to Mouse Gears and he bought the red version of the pink hoodie I had bought at the Poly! His has Mickey on it as well instead of Minnie.

Some pics from Figment.

After Figment we headed over to Nemo and took a quick ride. We went out and got a pretzel snack and talked about what we wanted to do. We needed to pack some tonight so we don't have to worry about it on our last day and the cold meds were wearing off and I was going downhill fast. We decided it was time to head back. We stopped for some pictures on the way out. This photographer was amazing as well. We had two great photographers in one day! He told me to kiss Jeremy and for him to look surprised.

That is priceless! I think that may be the Christmas card, right there!

We headed back and grabbed some food. I had a cheeseburger and fries and some clementines. Jeremy got turkey sandwich and chips and tie dye cheesecake. After we ate we went to pack. I crashed early. Jeremy watched tv for a bit. I was just so tired.

Up Next: It is All My Fault

So here we are starting the last park day. :sad: Honestly, I was ok with it being our last day. It had been rainy and cold, then hot, now back to rainy and cold. I woke up this day and felt like DEATH. Whatever I had going on had really settled in. I looked at Jeremy and told him it would be a slow day. He was really great about it and hopped up and got ready then went and grabbed us some grub while I got moving. I had a Pop waffle and ate about half of it. Jeremy had the bounty platter. Before we headed to the bus, I told Jeremy we needed to cancel our breakfast reservations for the next morning. We were scheduled for 7:30 am at Whispering Canyon. I knew there was no way I could get moving that early. It was less than 24 hours before I reservation and I was ok with paying the fee. The lady at the front desk was super sweet and waived the fee since I was sick. After that business was done, we headed to the Magic Kingdom.

We were heading to Tomorrowland first, but of course we stopped for pictures.

I don't look to bad! the death pictures are next. We headed over to Buzz and Jeremy decided to take a pic with my hood up. I call it my Emperor Palpatine look (Star Wars nerds represent)!

On the way to Buzz, we saw Stitch out with no line so we got a picture and autograph.

We finally made it to Buzz. I have no idea who won, but I am pretty sure it wasn't me. :rotfl2:

We took a quick spin on the People mover and then to Carousel of Progress. The rain had picked up again so we thought a 22 minute show was a good idea. We headed to Peter Pan and then Jeremy did another Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom mission there in Adventureland.

Here is where things got bad for a bit. While Jeremy was playing his game, I was sitting outside of Tortuga Tavern out of the rain. I felt awful and I felt sorry for myself. So of course, the tears came. Jeremy comes back over smiling and sees me crying and is immediately concerned. He starts asking if I am ok, do I need something, and I just cry harder. He basically says, "that is it, you are going to urgent care." But the problem isn't my illness. Yes, I feel like death, but that is not what is bothering me. We get to take one vacation a year (we did get a second one to New Orleans this year, but more on that later), and here I am ruining it by being sick. I didn't want to be in a park in the rain and cold but I didn't want to go back to the hotel because it was our LAST DAY. He basically calmed me down and told me I wasn't ruining anything and that all that mattered was what I wanted. Ok, he is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but right then he knew exactly what I needed. I needed to get my cry out and move on. He said let's ride pirates and head out for a rest. So I blew my nose and wiped my nose ad headed to pirates. And he felt obliged to take a post cry picture. :rotfl:

We get out of Pirates and start heading to Main Street. I am still sniffling and kind of shuffling my feet. He says it will be ok, we will be back next year. Then he asks if I want to ride the People Mover again. It is my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom so of course I said yes. Here is our last personal picture from the Magic Kingdom.

When we got off the ride, before I could say anything about doing other things, Jeremy said he was ready to get out of the rain and take a nap. On the way out, the photopass photographers were off to the side because of the rain so we got two interesting pictures.

We heading out to the bus and one pulled up soon. I was sitting on the bus and thought I was getting hot because I had put my poncho back on to walk out. Jeremy leaned over and felt me. He said nope, you are running a fever. Time to take a nap. I told Jeremy we needed to eat before I laid down. He took me back to the room and got it to go. He got a cheese pizza and I got a tuna sandwich. I ate about half and was done. I couldn't taste anything and just wanted to sleep. I was out before he came back from taking our left over trash to the food court and fill up our mugs.

Come back to find out how long slept and if we made it to another park!

Up Next: What Time Is It?

Being so sick on your last day must have been so frustrating :( good on Jeremy for recognizing that you just needed to go rest, though!! And at least you got a few spins on the PeopleMover :thumbsup2

Being so sick on your last day must have been so frustrating :( good on Jeremy for recognizing that you just needed to go rest, though!! And at least you got a few spins on the PeopleMover :thumbsup2

He really is a great guy! I am a total type A personality with some OCD thrown in so it can be very stressful for me when I feel like I am losing control. Sometimes this happens and sometime I follow my man Crush's advice and just go with the flow! :rotfl:

Hiya Pals! It is another Saturday night, so time for another update! I am leaving town tomorrow to spend a week in Ohio for work! It s a huge client for us, so wish me luck.

We are now up to our last night. But don't worry! We still have our travel day, our New Orleans trip, AND our upcoming trip to discuss plans.

When I last left off, we headed back to the hotel for a rest. Guys, I was dead to the world. A marching band could have come through my room and I would have never noticed. I slept for over 2 hours! When I woke up, I felt a little better. I really was not sold on going back out, but it was our last night and I wanted Epcot. Jeremy said we would just do a few things and come back. I slowly got ready and grabbed my heavy sweatshirt and we were out the door around 6.

A picture on our way in.

We headed slowly over to Nemo. I told Jeremy I was taking my time and not rushing. He was fine with that so we just held hands and walked. We talked about our vacation and how blessed we were to be able to do this every year. Jeremy and I both realize that we are VERY lucky and are very thankful. We work hard to ensure we can do it, but it is still a small miracle every time we head to Disney.

Here are a few pictures from Nemo.

I look a little better, I think!

Of course there is never a trip to Epcot without a visit to Figment and ESPECIALLY not a last night visit without a visit to our imaginations.

When we got out of the Imagination Pavilion, Jeremy suggested we head to the front to head out. Honestly, I was starting to tire and knew we had a fairly long day the next day. But it was our last night and I had already spent like 4 hours of it in the room. I started to tear up a little and Jeremy very calmly reminded me that we were coming back next year, had already been there 8 days prior to this day, and I had to go back to work in two days. Ok Sir Logic, you win. We slowly headed to the front. I told him we had to do Spaceship Earth one more time. He knew I was stalling, but he did not argue. I also made us stop at a few photopass photographers. ::yes::

It was now time to head out. Does anyone else get the my feet weigh 10 pounds syndrome when leaving a Disney Park for the last time? I was lolly gagging on my way out and just absorbing the last bit on magic. It was now about 8:00 pm. Jeremy took one last picture.

We got back to the Pop and stopped in the food court. I couldn't taste anything, so I was not hungry but knew I needed to eat. I grabbed some carrot and celery sticks and called it a night.

Up Next: It's That Time

Well folks, it is time to wrap up the Disney trip portion of this report. I will also do a small recap of our trip to New Orleans and a small PTR for our upcoming trip!

We woke up about 7:30. Jeremy got moving fairly quickly. I, on the other hand, was moving quite slowly. Jeremy went to get some breakfast for us wile I took a shower. When Jeremy got back, he said it was rainy and cold out. That definitely made it a little easier to leave. Jeremy had a bounty platter and I ate half a Pop Waffle and a clementine. I could taste a little this morning so that was good. We watched some tv and finished gathering our stuff. We headed out for Magical Express. It showed up promptly at 11:25. We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Security was quick and then it was back to the fake o rail for a ride to the gate. We decided to grab some lunch at McDonalds. I got some chicken nuggets and actually ate all of them. I was pretty proud of myself. We had an uneventful flight home. Here are the pictures.

He had just woken up.

There is Nashville.

Of course our flight landed at the END OF THE TERMINAL. We schlepped our way to baggage claim and quickly got our luggage. A shuttle was waiting and we were soon at our car. The tire was a little low from the cold so we went and put some air in it and headed home. We stopped in Clarksville and got some dinner. We pulled into our driveway about 7:00. There was several inches of snow on the ground. What a great welcome back from Florida. Cold and snow! A large tree limb had taken out our cable so we called Comcast. A service appointment was scheduled for the next day. I was also heading to the doctor. Final diagnosis? Bronchitis and pharyngitis. Ended up with antibiotics, steroid pills for 5 days, and a steroid shot. I felt much better in 3 days!

Stick around for a wrap up and other exciting stories!!!!

I thought I would share a few final thoughts about this trip as a wrap up for the Disney trip portion.

Early morning flight: We LOVED it! Listen, with my job early mornings happen every day. Not quite this early, but you get the picture. The fact that we were in a park by noon was awesome! Having that extra half day of park time is well worth it. And guess what? That same flight is still available for our next trip and is actually 50 minutes earlier. Super excited!

Pop: We like the Pop a lot, but I am going to be honest, it got t me this time. It was nothing to do with the hotel itself, but the other guests. Namely several large teenage tour groups. Surrounding by them in the parks and the hotel. Never a break. We enjoyed POFQ so much the trip before that we are going back there for our next trip.

Overall, we had a great trip. bad weather and all. It is Disney, so it is great. We had a lot of great laughs and only one bout of tears, so yay! Getting sick is never fun, but I was glad it was just for the last day. And honestly, even without getting sick, I was ready to go home. 10 days away (9 days in the park) is just about the limit for me. I am ready to get home!

I hope you all stay with me and see our short Nola trip and our plans for out upcoming one!

I am all caught up!

Sorry you felt like crap on your last day. It's bad enough to be sick, but being sick in the cold and rain is too much. Still, I think you had a pretty good day and still did a lot. Thank goodness for naps!

I really do love all your PP pictures. You guys really know how to pose and work the camera. Plenty of great shots.

I hope your new job is going well.

I am looking forward to reading about NOLA and seeing your upcoming plans.

I agree with you on Pop vs. POFQ. I love Pop, but I think its best during the lowest of the low seasons. POFQ is just such a lovely resort. It's really hard to top that.

Thanks for the great TR!

I enjoyed reading your trip report, thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup2

Glad you enjoyed it! I will write another one after our next trip, so you come back know, ya hear! :rotfl:

I am all caught up!

Sorry you felt like crap on your last day. It's bad enough to be sick, but being sick in the cold and rain is too much. Still, I think you had a pretty good day and still did a lot. Thank goodness for naps!

I really do love all your PP pictures. You guys really know how to pose and work the camera. Plenty of great shots.

I hope your new job is going well.

I am looking forward to reading about NOLA and seeing your upcoming plans.

I agree with you on Pop vs. POFQ. I love Pop, but I think its best during the lowest of the low seasons. POFQ is just such a lovely resort. It's really hard to top that.

Thanks for the great TR!

I definitely felt better after taking that nap. I was just glad it was the last day, and not early in the trip.

I thought we were able to get some great shots this year. If I am paying for Memory Maker, I make sure I get my money's worth!

We were so spoiled at POFQ. Room ready at 9:30 am, literally less than a minute from the food court and bus stop. Never felt crowded or rushed. I can't wait to get back!

Trip to Nola, coming right up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter