IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

Can you get reservations for lunch at BOG? Or only dinner? The lunch menu appeals to us more, but I definitely want to eat there.

I think I've hit planning overload... Can't decide.. Mnsshp or a water park day? Kids are 7,5,3. Or none of the above???

I agree with others MNSSHP all the way!! Plus waterparks with a 3 y/o isnt as fun bc they probably have to be watched like a hawk, as they are so young, at least thats why we havent done any waterparks yet, our youngest is 2.. :)

Did Disney send you a magnet with the date? I used that same calculator and it originally said April 4th for me and then I got that magnet in the mail it said April 2....so weird! But glad I noticed!! When you log into your disney account it should say how many days you have left and ADRs can be made at 180 :)

Yikes!! Thats scary! Of course I had to log into MDE and thankfully I'm looking okay for my ADR day. Whew! :scared:

I don't make ADR's until 4/24 and even then, it's not really urgent!

We are doing quick service dining plan and it's food/wine, so we really aren't doing many table service.

Arrival night 10/21 - Via Napoli

That Friday we are going to eat at Crew's Cup, so no reservations.

Sunday 10/26 - breakfast at Captain's Grille (lemon ricotta hotcakes!!)

...and that's it! We will probably have appetizers and cocktails at Spice Road (is that what it's called?) And I would like to have a martini flight and apps at the Brown Derby.

Maybe 28th or 29th we'll see if we can get in at another Epcot restaurant. We may possibly go to the Plaza for lunch at MK, playing it by ear. :)

Just got word today that my vacation request for the week of Oct 27th was approved. A friend and I will be there Oct 27th-31st (maybe Nov 1st). Not sure where we are staying yet, but we are heavily leaning in favor of The Polynesian.

Welcome!! :hyper::hyper:

Guys, I don't understand free dining?

If I'm already booked - package, Beach Club garden view, and free dining becomes available for my dates, I would need to call and re-book?

What if there are no garden rooms available (hotel is already showing no standard rooms for my dates)? Would I have to upgrade or switch hotels?

I'm not sure it would be worth it for us to do that, then I would have to pay for lagoon view!

There are 10 of us from Oct 18 - 26 at ASMu. Six adults, 2 three year olds, a five and a 10. It's nearly time for ADRs and I'm getting anxious since we're such a large group. I'm hoping we don't have to split up.

Just booked our flight down today. I am waiting on points to book the return flight, but I couldn't pass up the fares for the flight down.

Here's the thing, though...AFTER I booked our NONREFUNDABLE flight, I remembered how absolutely scared spitless I am to fly. I think I had repressed it...we don't fly very often. I'm having a mini anxiety attack over here!

I'm sure I will get over it...but I've also never flown with my kids. They are 4, 6, and 7. Any tips???

Talk to your doctor. I have a prescription for Xanax that I use mainly for flying. I don't take it every time I fly, just when I am feeling really shaky. Even then I only take half a pill. Just enough to calm the jitters. Even having it with you, knowing you can take one if you need to, can help.

Guys, I don't understand free dining?

If I'm already booked - package, Beach Club garden view, and free dining becomes available for my dates, I would need to call and re-book?

What if there are no garden rooms available (hotel is already showing no standard rooms for my dates)? Would I have to upgrade or switch hotels?

I'm not sure it would be worth it for us to do that, then I would have to pay for lagoon view!

If you are already booked with a package, there would be no reason to rebook. You would just call to have the discount applied. There is a chance that your room category would no be included, but most often it is the standard rooms that run out quickly or will not be included. If you call right away when the deal is released, you will have the best chance of getting your desired room choice.

If you are already booked with a package, there would be no reason to rebook. You would just call to have the discount applied. There is a chance that your room category would no be included, but most often it is the standard rooms that run out quickly or will not be included. If you call right away when the deal is released, you will have the best chance of getting your desired room choice.

Thanks! I guess it doesn't hurt to try. :)

Although I would almost rather they would let me keep my quick service dining for free instead of it being the table service. I'm not sure I want a table service everyday.

Thanks! I guess it doesn't hurt to try. :) Although I would almost rather they would let me keep my quick service dining for free instead of it being the table service. I'm not sure I want a table service everyday.

I have a standard room booked at POR, I would be so disappointed if the deal does not include standard rooms. Has that occurred in the past?

I have a standard room booked at POR, I would be so disappointed if the deal does not include standard rooms. Has that occurred in the past?

I'm not sure, never been for free dining before! :) I'm sure someone else will know.

I'm not sure, never been for free dining before! :) I'm sure someone else will know.

Ok thank you. Just wanted to make sure we didn't have to upgrade to preferred for free dining. Thanks, hopefully someone will know and could post.

Standard rooms are often included, but they tend to fill up first since they are the least expensive. The sooner you call or book online when the deal is released, the better your chances are to get your desired resort/room type. Good luck! :goodvibes

Standard rooms are often included, but they tend to fill up first since they are the least expensive. The sooner you call or book online when the deal is released, the better your chances are to get your desired resort/room type. Good luck! :goodvibes
Thanks!! I have the rooms booked, does that help, I just need them to add the free dining, is that correct? Thank you!

Thanks!! I have the rooms booked, does that help, I just need them to add the free dining, is that correct? Thank you!

Unfortunately, already being booked does not increase your chances of getting in on the deal. Disney only allots a certain number of rooms at each included resort for each offer they put out. In fact, if many people book in hopes of FD being released, it actually hurts their chances. If resorts/room types are booked well, they will be excluded from the offer when it is released. My advice is to book in advance of the deal if A) You want a popular room category (i.e. a LM room at AoA, a royal room at POR, any room at POFQ) and B) you will go on the trip with or without a deal. The thinking of "if free dining doesn't come out, I will cancel my reservation." is self defeating. If someone isn't going without a discount, they should not book until the offer is released. I hope all of that makes sense. I'm Dis-ing and watching basketball at the same time. :rotfl2:

Heading to CSR on October 10-14 for a long weekend with my DH to celebrate my 52nd birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary, both of which occur while we are there! I can't wait! This will be our third year in a row in October. I love the weather and the F&W festival. What better way to celebrate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter