It's official, Ohana menu change

I got the same generic msg:

Dear Ms. Walker,

Thank you for your message regarding menu changes at 'Ohana at Disney's
Polynesian Resort.

We are sorry for your disappointment with our menu change. ...

The whole "guest communications" team must have this same message written on a Post-It note and stuck to their computer screen. I got exactly the same one. At least they replied, so I guess I should be happy about that, even if they are offering no viable explanation. I still cannot imagine that "guest input" led them to dropping the world's most universally-loved meat from a menu that focuses on meat-on-a-stick.

The whole "guest communications" team must have this same message written on a Post-It note and stuck to their computer screen. I got exactly the same one. At least they replied, so I guess I should be happy about that, even if they are offering no viable explanation. I still cannot imagine that "guest input" led them to dropping the world's most universally-loved meat from a menu that focuses on meat-on-a-stick.
I bet it's more of a copy and paste and change name. I hate answers like that, it's so aggravating!

What they're saying in corporate speak is, guess what, there's still chicken on the menu. Which keeps them from having to address the central point which is that people are writing in because they want the SKEWERS.

But why no chicken skewers? Oh because the guests said they want something else. That's always what they say. Hey, the wings are popular, that should be good enough.

Be careful of those surveys. Some didn't realize "would you like more shopping and dining at DTD?" meant "would you mind if we shut down Pleasure Island to put in more shopping and dining?" Kind of like "would you like more options at 'Ohana?" might not be taken to mean "if you want new options we'll put them in, but we'll remove something else to do it."

Plus, they say, we're making these other changes too (is there still going to be a veggie appetizer?), maybe you'll accept one or another of those.

For what it's worth, some "inside info" web posting said that the chicken is gone permanently and won't be returning. Of course "inside info" is only good if you know where it came from. But WDW is never going to come out in a guest communication and say "hey, we got rid of the skewers, and they are not coming back." They'll try and put another face on it. We still have wings. They're popular. We still have the other stuff, We do have some new stuff.

Looks like we ate there just in time (last Friday). It doesn't bother me personally, as I like the steak and pork skewers much better anyway. However, a member of our party last week (who isn't always with us), only eats chicken and doesn't eat chicken "on the bone", so he doesn't eat wings though. It will be real difficult returning to 'Ohana to eat if this person is with us. If he's not, then it's fine for the rest of us.

Miscarriage of justice. Anyone want a reservation for 5/19?

OMG ME! ME! ME! I have been trying to book Ohana for three weeks. I started making my reservations too late. :sad:
Pretty lame that they took off the chicken though...doesn't really make any sense. It's not like it's an expensive meat?

From Disney Food Blog: "UPDATE: As of May 1st, the chicken skewer has returned to the posted menu at ‘Ohana in Disney World’s Polynesian Resort. Note that Disney World’s online menus have not yet been updated. We’ll keep you updated on the latest as we find it out! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/29/news-menu-changes-at-ohana-and-earl-of-sandwich-in-disney-world/

!!!!!

I feel like a crazy person being so invested in this but I'll be so excited if they keep the chicken skewers!

!!!!!

I feel like a crazy person being so invested in this but I'll be so excited if they keep the chicken skewers!

I agree!!! I even have to admit I wrote them an e-mail. Such a first world problem to have. But I am VERY happy as it is beloved by our family and as the main planner I don't want to choose a place that I don't eat at (I'm a chicken girl and I am not a fan of chicken wings with bones... In fact... I don't like any meat with a bone.)

I hope it's true and stays this way!!!

Hope it's true!!! Everyone still send in emails! It has to be getting someone's attention!

Score one for the little guy if the emails actually made them reverse their decision.

csmom said:
From Disney Food Blog:
"UPDATE: As of May 1st, the chicken skewer has returned to the posted menu at ‘Ohana in Disney World’s Polynesian Resort. Note that Disney World’s online menus have not yet been updated. We’ll keep you updated on the latest as we find it out!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/29/news-menu-changes-at-ohana-and-earl-of-sandwich-in-disney-world/

Is this for real? I would HATE to keep my reservation and show up to no chicken skewers.

AS much as I'd like to believe this is true, I highly doubt it. Then again, I was wrong when this rumor first started, so here's to being wrong again.

This is terribly disappointing to me as well. The chicken was my favorite of the meats! Seems like if they were going to get rid of one it would be the pork, or even the shrimp. I mean, who doesn't like chicken?!?! :confused3

me :)

I am ok with this change...but I am ok with them reversing the change, too. I think, though, if they take something away, they need to replace it with something new - not just moving the appetizer into that place.

I agree!!! I even have to admit I wrote them an e-mail. Such a first world problem to have. But I am VERY happy as it is beloved by our family and as the main planner I don't want to choose a place that I don't eat at (I'm a chicken girl and I am not a fan of chicken wings with bones... In fact... I don't like any meat with a bone.)

I hope it's true and stays this way!!!

If it's true and the chcken will remain.....probably means goodbye to the pork or shrimp eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter