It's The Magic That Can Happen When It's Autumn! - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Club Level

Real Life Update

@BibbitybobityLu @Leshaface @HomeSweetDisney @Mollydolly334
...and anyone else who might care...

Jamie is in currently in California.
He's visiting San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

He just sent me this.

33826864023_d5c9f3953a_c.jpg

FULL HOUSE HOUSE!

:rotfl2::sad::love:
So fun! I grew up nearish to San Francisco and love visiting whenever I'm "back home" Our last girls trip to SF with my sisters-in-law included a photo seth in front of the Full House house :D :D :D

Love your trip reports! I just read your last one and now that I'm caught up here, I'm going to go find your first one!

Totes not a creepy stalker... :magnify:

I haven’t even seen it in person yet and it’s already shot up to my number one spot!
AMAZING job Disney!!!!!!

I was glad we got to catch Wishes several time this last trip because I was truly bummed and didn't think anything could replace it. I actually had to call in for some photopass issues and talked with the cast member while we were waiting on the issues to resolve. He was saying he was there for opening night and the online version of HEA doesn't do it justice and it's more amazing in person! I'm pretty pumped about seeing it in September after talking to him!

Can't wait to read more!

Loved this update!!

YAAAY.
It was so great to be back!
I really am in my element on Splash Mountain.
Just thinking about it makes my heart so happy :goodvibes

SAME! I could ride Splash 20 times in a row and still never get sick of it!! It's going to be closed during our family trip in September and I am CRUSHED :sad:

I saw these cute clothes in the Splash Mountain gift shop!
I particularly like the grey sweater but I never bought it, which I kinda regret.

I was so close to buying the pink shirt, but I decided on the blue shirt because it had more detail on it! I don't remember seeing the crew neck... otherwise I totally would have bought that instead!

I asked if it ticked, clocks that tick loudly really bug me, and I would be really annoyed if I spent a lot (I think it’s about $80?) on a clock, to just end up taking the batteries out :laughing:

I'm the same way....I bought a cute clock for my dorm room and ended up having to bury it in my closet because it ticked so loud and I couldn't fall asleep! My roommate thought I was insane :rotfl: I love that Cogsworth Clock so much...plus getting it for free is awesome! First the Splash Mountain stuffed animals and now this, it really pays to be on the DIS! :disrocks:

Being on the dining plan meant we could try a lot of new restaurants this trip, so we started off with The Diamond Horseshoe!
I booked this after seeing a video review by the DIS Unplugged crew.

I've been very curious about this restaurant as well! If we took a longer trip I'd maybe squeeze it in, but it's not first on my bucket list!

We got some corn on the cob, baked mac and cheese, BBQ pulled pork, smoked sausage, cowboy beans, carved turkey breast, and braised beef!
Yum!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Sounds like my kind of meal!

Dessert was the campfire brownie!
It has melted marshmallow on top!

YUM I could eat ten of these!

We rode once and exited, then entered to ride a second time, then stayed on for a third and fourth time!
We ended up watching the sky get darker and darker on the PeopleMover while our food settled, and it was just so perfect.

That sound so amazing and peaceful :cloud9: What a perfect way to spend your first night in the World!

To anyone who is not enjoying HEA and missing Wishes, I truly hope you give it a chance and allow it to grow on you.

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things!”
- Walt Disney

YES YES YES! I was devastated about Wishes coming to an end, mostly because of the nostalgia and meaning it holds in my life, but I absolutely LOVED Happily Ever After! Mom and I had a little viewing party Saturday night and we were both in awe! When I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame part, I instantly thought of you because I know you love that movie :goodvibes

Jamie is in currently in California.
He's visiting San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.

He just sent me this.

33826864023_d5c9f3953a_c.jpg

FULL HOUSE HOUSE!

:rotfl2::sad::love:

AHHHHH I love it! So jealous! Talk about nostalgia ::yes:: I hope Hymie has/had a great time in San Francisco!!

Loving your TR. I really like your laid back touring style. How wonderful you could stay for 3 weeks! DH and I will be there for a week in December. You've got me excited to see HEA!

HEY!!! I read your TR right when you posted but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to comment properly! Great TR so far!

Can't wait to see what you think of the Keys to the Kingdom tour as we are booking that for the first time this year.

Karen and I both had a Captain’s Mai Tai, and Rachel had a Pina Colava!

34510908855_3f4c8a321e_c.jpg

We chatted for about an hour and a half but the time flew by!
It was a shame they were leaving in a couple of days because it would’ve been fun to have some park time together after all getting to know each other!
Hopefully we’ll cross paths again sometime :goodvibes
It was SO NICE to meet you! Totally true that the time just flew by!

So happy Cogsworth has a happy new home! I have to dash because I'm on lunch at work but I'll be back lol

I am all caught up and can't wait to read more. I agree about Wishes... it is one of my favorites. I love the music most of all. BUT..... the video of Happily Ever After looks AWESOME and EPIC. My wife and I watched it and said to each other, we need to go back. Maybe next year we can arrange a quick trip. My son should be old enough for a cross country flight by then. Anyways... I look forward to more.

So....currently, apparently, I'm an obsessed fangirl with you. I started with your middle trip report, read and loved all of it. I'm in the middle of your Holly Jolly one but I'm so scared because you just moved to the grand Floridian so I know it's half way over :sad: and I'm trying to pace myself because I'm going on a cruise next week and LITERALLY I can picture myself sitting on the balcony, reading your reports as my entertainment (because they're just THE BEST) but I'm afraid I have no willpower so more than likely I'm going to finish the holly jolly before I leave (when I should be doing things like packing) so if you could go ahead and write like twenty installments on THIS report (and I promise, I will save and savor it) that'd be great. :worship:

Sounds like an amazing trip so far! Side note... I bought the pink Splash Mountain tshirt on my last trip and love it!! Also, I just watched your video of the end of Wishes several times and cried. We are going in a few weeks and I'm SO SO excited to see Happily Ever After! But I'm also so sad to say goodbye to Wishes. Always makes me feel the magic and I'm hoping HEA can do that too!

33668646544_133fbe3f27_b.jpg

I like the restaurant, it’s like an old dance hall.
I wonder if they ever do/did dinner shows in here?

Hi Katie!:wave2:

I just finished reading your POLY trip report and was so excited you started another one! You definitely have a gift in sharing your love of Disney and you guys obviously have SO much fun!

I just wanted to reply about the Diamond Horseshoe-this absolutely used to be a dinner-show. It is one of my favorite memories from going to Disney as a kid. My Dad would run ahead (at ropedrop) to town hall to make us a reservation for lunch here. There was a basic lunch-nothing fancy-turkey sandwiches, salads, etc and then the show would start. It had a whole dancing girls and cowboys, bar type theme and I still remember the songs- "Belly up, Belly up to the Bar Boys. Belly up let's go!" LOL! :laughing: It was really fun. One of the other things that sticks out in my mind is the crowd interaction. Each show one of the dancing ladies would come out to the crowd and find a man with a big bald spot and give him a big red lipsticky (just made up a word there) kiss right smack in the middle of the bald spot. It was great!

Ooo..I found a video on youtube (I hope it's okay to post)

-Kelly

OhMyGoodness yes!!!

He doesn't even like Full House so I thought it was quite sweet of him :lovestruc

Omg I am so jealous!!! :sad: I have a friend that lives in San Francisco & she always randomly walks or drives by the painted ladies (that's what those houses are called) - I really want to see them one day!!

Maybe someday you'll see other parts of America other than WDW...although WDW is obviously the best :p

Haha I knooww I've only done Orlando and New York, I'd love to see other parts too! Jamie has been absolutely everywhere it's insane, hopefully I'll be able to join him on his next trip :goodvibes

Is Jamie going to sneak to Disneyland without you?

Definitely not he is not allowed!!! :laughing: I did ask if he was going to take his buddy to Universal Hollywood and he said no because he wouldn't feel right going for the first time without me :lovestruc

I love your Dab pose on Splash, you definitely were on point with your pose! I love Cogsworth the clock, looks like a nice Dis meet. I have watched a few clips of the new Happily ever after and I think I will really enjoy it! We will see it in August.

The rain looked to be quite heavy for your Wishes show, glad you were still able to enjoy it.

Your review of The Diamond Horseshoe is one of the first I have read, nice to see a review for it.

Hahaha thank you I was quite impressed with the picture :laughing: Are you avoiding watching the full show of Happily Ever After until you go in August? It would be great to see the entire thing for the first time live in person. I just couldn't wait! Have an amazing time :goodvibes

Other than a bloggers review of the Diamind Horseshoe when it first opened back up yourself is the first I've read. The blogger didn't like it at all so interesting to read yours!
Oh, those pictures of Wishes make me so sad :( I'll be watching HEA for the first time next Friday and I know initial reviews are good, but right now I can't see myself loving it the way I loved Wishes.
Showing my youngest the picture of Jamie with the Full House House :)

The Diamond Horseshoe didn't blow me away or anything, but it was tasty food and lots of it! And it exceeded my (low) expectations, and I'm glad I've checked it off my Disney restaurant list :thumbsup2
I KNOW the Wishes photos and video make me so sad too! I'm really glad I got such a magically last viewing of it out in the rain under our little shelter :lovestruc Have you seen Happily Ever After now? How did you find it?! Hope you had a good time! :hyper:

I just happened to notice on your little name/profile thing when I read your reply that your next post will be your 1000th. Just in case you want to do anything to make it special. :)

Just found your report and have enjoyed reading thus far. Love your first day at Magic Kingdom, you guys got a lot done and even got to take in some special things like the Trolley show also. Can't wait for more!

You guys are my 1,000th post on the Dis WOOOO!! party:

You had such a productive morning! (It's a bummer you initially woke up at 2am, but glad you managed to fall back asleep!)

I would definitely not have been this productive if I'd have stayed awake since 2am!!

I'm glad you got a chance to see the welcome show while it was still there! I FINALLY saw the whole thing (rather than just catching the end) on my last trip and really enjoyed it!

Sooooo sad it's gone! The new one is so boring in comparison :sad2:

I TOTALLY AGREE!

I see beautiful Peter Pan pictures in some trip reports and can't help but think that the attraction stopped mid-ride?! My pictures on this ride area always a blur!

Ugh it makes me sad because the ride is so nostalgic I just want to send some good photos home to my mum, who used to ride it over and over and over with me :laughing:

I can't believe you'd never noticed this! Now you'll look for this every time (I always do!). :thumbsup2

I know, this seems like something I should've known about, but maybe it's always so quiet when I go in September that I'm usually rushing past it :thumbsup2

I finally ate at BOG for lunch in 2016 and got to try the Master's Cupcake - it was delicious! I'm afraid I didn't try your beloved turkey sandwich, however... I'm not a turkey fan so I got the roast beef instead. It was very tasty!

Yay glad you got lunch there and enjoyed the Master's cupcake! Jamie had the beef sandwich the very first time we went and enjoyed it, he just loooves the turkey.. on a strangely obsessive level :rotfl:

You are so lucky they went ahead with Wishes despite the weather. We always go end of August, so I never actually got to see it, because it was habitually rained out.

Oh no that sucks :sad2: now that it's gone I do feel really lucky that I got to see it that night. Hope you like the look of the new show! :goodvibes

I wouldn't mind. Convince Ruby to either
1. Start liking Disney.... a lot. Or;
2. Start insisting that I go solo for longer trips.

Either of these options are fine. What about your daughters?!

Also Pedro, I WILL catch up with your TR I promise, and I am really excited for it! I just want to find a time where I can sit down and dedicate a LOT of time to get through all of it.. or at least a large chunk of it at once :goodvibes

This wouldn't be a problem if they just kept the parks open 24 hours.

Imagine if this was a thing.. that would be SO good. Sometimes the parks may as well be open 24/7, when they're closing at 2am, all guests are probably out by 3 or 3:30.. then open again at around 7 (or earlier) for early ADRs :scratchin I think we should pitch to them to just stay open :thumbsup2

omgggg this is perfectttt hahahahaha :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And get some zebra domes. Yes? yes? yes???? hello?

Not yet, but definitely at some point this trip!

Jamie does not do things half way, does he.

His motto should be "go big or go home" ::yes::

I've never seen any Trolley show!

This makes me sad.

There's a surprise if you do? Did not know that.

Nothing too thrilling, spinning each barrel makes each dwarf appear dancing, and if all of the barrels are spinning at once, Snow White dances in the middle :goodvibes

I try to spot Fortrans.

Sorry. Nerd joke.

Unfortunately I will be needing you to explain this one to me :confused3 :laughing:

Here lies pkondz
Nothing rhymes with pkondz.
He died of extreme dullness.

Pedro, died in bed yo.

...I'll just leave it there for you to use your imagination :rotfl:

Stop looking so cute and making the rest of us look bad!

Heheheh :cutie: thanks!

Wouldn't know. I'm not big into the castle shows.

You are not princessy enough. In fact, with this statement, I'm pretty sure you're a villain. :darth:

What is wrong with you?!?!?

When it came to making purchases, as a child I was brainwashed into thinking I should "have a think about it and we'll come back"... and of course, we would never come back. And I still haven't learnt my lesson because I don't write these things down and I forget about them and never see them again, until I look at the photos when I'm back in England. It really is quite tragic :sad2:

That was really nice of her.

She is an angel!!!

Just like when I met you.

Although I'm sure you had the opposite feeling.

:laughing: it was far too quick, we should drink around the world and ride some rides next time :thumbsup2

Good to know! I haven't seen any videos (I'll wait to see it live, thanks) but good to know.

Do you have any trips planned please??

He was in California with his 3 best friends. Best friend 1 just got transferred to San Fran by his company. Best friend 2 has moved to Sydney Australia for a while, so San Fran made a good meet-in-the-middle spot for them. And best friend 3's parents live in Dallas Texas so he was out there, then met up with them all in Cali! Sounds super fun I was so jealous :sad:

Ah yes. I do know of your obsession with that particular show.

I found the photo sweet because Jamie is not a fan of Full House at all, and before he went I joked about him seeing all the sites.. like the Full House house :laughing: I didn't expect him to actually do it!!

You guys are my 1,000th post on the Dis WOOOO!! party:

Woot! Congrats!

Either of these options are fine. What about your daughters?!

I've done enough trips with them, thanks.
Sometimes it's nice to be alone.

Heck, I just got back from a solo Disney trip with one.
And am doing an East Coast trip with the other in 2 weeks.

Also Pedro, I WILL catch up with your TR I promise, and I am really excited for it! I just want to find a time where I can sit down and dedicate a LOT of time to get through all of it.. or at least a large chunk of it at once :goodvibes

Okay! I'll see you there eventually then. :)
It's almost finished.
One more day on the current leg and then a chapter or two of Vegas and voila.

Imagine if this was a thing.. that would be SO good. Sometimes the parks may as well be open 24/7, when they're closing at 2am, all guests are probably out by 3 or 3:30.. then open again at around 7 (or earlier) for early ADRs :scratchin I think we should pitch to them to just stay open :thumbsup2

::yes::

Not yet, but definitely at some point this trip!

Good!

This makes me sad.

Nah. It just means I have one more new thing to see!

Nothing too thrilling, spinning each barrel makes each dwarf appear dancing, and if all of the barrels are spinning at once, Snow White dances in the middle :goodvibes

Oh! Didn't know that.

Unfortunately I will be needing you to explain this one to me :confused3 :laughing:

Pascal and Fortran were earlier computer languages, in case that helps clarify the joke about looking for Fortrans and Pascals.

That was easy.

Pedro, died in bed yo.

...I'll just leave it there for you to use your imagination :rotfl:

:lmao:

You are not princessy enough. In fact, with this statement, I'm pretty sure you're a villain. :darth:

Sweet! The villains are always so much more interesting.

When it came to making purchases, as a child I was brainwashed into thinking I should "have a think about it and we'll come back"... and of course, we would never come back. And I still haven't learnt my lesson because I don't write these things down and I forget about them and never see them again, until I look at the photos when I'm back in England. It really is quite tragic :sad2:

We've taught our DDs the same thing.
Only difference being that when we taught them... we told them we'd go back to any place they wanted.
And we did.

:laughing: it was far too quick, we should drink around the world and ride some rides next time :thumbsup2

::yes::

Do you have any trips planned please??

Yep. East coast with Elle.
Solo road trip end of June.
Probably Hawaii end of August.

I found the photo sweet because Jamie is not a fan of Full House at all, and before he went I joked about him seeing all the sites.. like the Full House house :laughing: I didn't expect him to actually do it!!
True love right there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter