I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an email from Shoppers inviting me for my 1st dose of AZ at my local pharmacy. I clicked to see if option for 2nd dose but all appointments gone after 1 min in the 'waiting room'. Good news because I now know that my local Shoppers is getting some limited AZ. Also possible that it's just a software glitch at Shoppers and they are testing online appmts for 2nd dose rollout. Either way, looks like some very limited quantities of AZ now at some Shoppers. Will take all the good news I can get.

After 7+ weeks of waiting, I got my email from Shoppers to book a first vaccine. Luckily, I was able to get that through the PHU 5 weeks ago. I hope that someone will get the opportunity to get vaccinated on Friday, that didn't have that opportunity earlier.

he last test I ever took and wanted a Positive was a home pregnancy test....lol.
That is great news...that your test was negative!!!!

I would cry at this point if a pregnancy test came back positive. I'm a new Grammie now...not now new momma anymore lol

After 2 hours in the system I managed to get all 4 of our kids an appt for next week. Different clinics because the system kept telling me that I already "booked an appointment at that time".......duhhhhh yeah because they are for different people.
I'm sorry it was a bit of a circus for you to get the appointments. I know in Alberta when I was booking for my boys, I was able to book as a family for them to go at the same time. It was easy peasy. BUT...they have appointments to get their first shot done!
YAY! I registered my almost 16 year old this morning. Word on the street is that schools might be holding vaccine clinics for 12-17 year olds here in BC.
It was on our radio news that Saskatchewan will be doing this in June. What a great idea!!!! It saves parents from having to take time off of work to take kids in to get their shot done. I know flu shots and other updated immunizations have happened in our school system here. All my kids have had their boosters and flu shots through the school with AHS coming into the school to do them. I think it's a smart resource and idea!!!!

Trying to get 4 kids vaccine appts in peel this morning is a nightmare. Their system is set up horribly(have to select a location, then one month at a time, etc.). It should be simple, how many people, and do you want a particular location or just the first appt available. I just want 4 kids together, same time, same place, ASAP but those aren't options so instead I am going to be driving 4 kids all over peel.
I know. I have twins and by the time I booked one, an appointment for the other was unavailable. I’m not even eligible, due to needing to be 12 at time of shot (I’m fighting that policy), so who knows if we will even go. But the whole thing took up my whole morning.

YAY! I registered my almost 16 year old this morning. Word on the street is that schools might be holding vaccine clinics for 12-17 year olds here in BC.
Info is being released this afternoon during the live Covid briefing (at 2pm today, NOT 3pm). They are most likely NOT using schools for vaccinations in BC except in rural communites. Most will be done within the existing clinics that are set up in communities now. But again, all will be revealed/confirmed this afternoon :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Info is being released this afternoon during the live Covid briefing (at 2pm today, NOT 3pm). They are most likely NOT using schools for vaccinations in BC except in rural communites. Most will be done within the existing clinics that are set up in communities now. But again, all will be revealed/confirmed this afternoon :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

My daughter was very disappointed when she found out they were pushing back the dates for 16+ since we were planning to book yesterday for hers...now she has to wait for the Youth Vaccination program to begin and our region is generally not quick with that. If the had announced it a few days later, she would have been booked for an appt.

Still waiting to here, hoping my region can get it done asap since a lot in our region is going outside our area to get vaccinated. I think it would complicate matters since the purpose was to get them all done by end of Aug. So a lot of people are concern how they'll book the 2nd dose if they don't get the 1st dose in our clinic.

I know. I have twins and by the time I booked one, an appointment for the other was unavailable. I’m not even eligible, due to needing to be 12 at time of shot (I’m fighting that policy), so who knows if we will even go. But the whole thing took up my whole morning.
Everything I read is it is by birth year not birth date. It let me book for my son even though he won't be 12 till the end of 2021.

Everything I read is it is by birth year not birth date. It let me book for my son even though he won't be 12 till the end of 2021.
Where are you? I’m in Ontario and it says 12 at time of vaccination on all the websites in my region (Peel). Other provinces are going by year not day of birth. I’m incredibly frustrated. Been dealing with government all day yesterday and today and basically getting no where.

So nothing really new in the announcement in BC: registrations are open for 12+ (which they announced yesterday) and yes, most vaccinations will take place at already-open vaccination clinics. In smaller communities/rural communities they could also be using schools.

I emailed my MPP (is that the provincial one?) and was told it's by birthdate. I wrote back and complained, will let you know if I hear back. I do plan on going to Quebec if Ontario doesn't change their plans. I will try and register my son on May 31. I am hopeful but will do whatever I need to do to get him vaccinated before school starts in September.

Just had an email from Shoppers inviting me for my 1st dose of AZ at my local pharmacy. I clicked to see if option for 2nd dose but all appointments gone after 1 min in the 'waiting room'. Good news because I now know that my local Shoppers is getting some limited AZ. Also possible that it's just a software glitch at Shoppers and they are testing online appmts for 2nd dose rollout. Either way, looks like some very limited quantities of AZ now at some Shoppers. Will take all the good news I can get.

Are you sure its AZ ? Canada has stopped using AZ for first dose.

However, in Ontario many pharmacies now have Pfizer or Moderna or will be getting some in the coming days - I read an article about it earlier this week that said X hundreds of pharmacies had does already and basically within a week or two (forget which) it was expected a total of twice as many would. The pharmacy I got my AZ first dose at a few weeks ago just got some doses of Pfizer in and their system is going through its wait list and sending out those email notifications for people to tell them to sign up for an appointment. Not sure how other provinces are handling things.

SW

I am in NB. 44 and no chronic health issues (know on wood). Hubby and I got dose 1 of Pfizer last week. The nurse said 14-16 weeks until dose 2 but it could be faster depending on supply. My 19 year old son gets his 1st dose today. One step closer to normal hopefully!

24 hours after registering my oldest, I already got an email invite for her!! She's getting her first jab May 29th!! Woohoo, then 3/4 of my family will be vaccinated (with one dose). :cheer2:

Registered my 15 yr old around 9:00 yesterday, got the text to book 12 hours later!

I could have booked him as early as June 7 but decided to wait until the 12th. It's a Saturday and his last real day of school is the 11th so that worked out well. After he is done then all of us in our house have had one dose.

Now to wait until Tuesday to see what the reopening is going to look like here in BC!

This is being reported by a few major outlets . Good news for AZ second doses.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.680...et-to-proceed-with-astrazeneca-2nd-doses/amp/

Also heard the good AZ news on 680 News Radio within the last hour! But it was tempered with the news that Moderna has not submitted a plan for the six million doses that Canada was shorted a month ago.. and they are cautioning that there could be further delays in promised upcoming shipments 🙄. Never a dull moment.. always evolving... but with the extra Pfizer we would apparently stay on track to hit vaccination targets by July 1st. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It all makes me dizzy with the constant head spinning! lol

Yep ! It’s been a rollercoaster hasn’t it ? Official announcement was just made and we will get our second AZ shots ! It looks to be going in the order we got them and they are being given for the 12 week mark so the vast majority of us will qualify for second shot around mid July I think .
Mid July .. fully vaccinated !!!!! I can hardly believe it !!

Yep ! It’s been a rollercoaster hasn’t it ? Official announcement was just made and we will get our second AZ shots ! It looks to be going in the order we got them and they are being given for the 12 week mark so the vast majority of us will qualify for second shot around mid July I think .
Mid July .. fully vaccinated !!!!! I can hardly believe it !!
It really DOES feel like that light at the end of the tunnel is getting quite bright, doesn't it? I just hope that other provinces follow suit with regards to AZ and dosing. If BC goes by 16 weeks then we won't get our second shots til mid August, I would LOVE to be fully vaccinated by mid July!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter