Jambo House Club Level

Nabas

DIS Veteran
It's my understanding that the Club Level rooms at Jambo House are closed, even though DVC members are being allowed to book these rooms.

Where is Disney moving these DVC members to?

If the demand is there for regular rooms why Doesn't Disney just book them as a standard rooms instead of keeping them closed?

It's my understanding that the Club Level rooms at Jambo House are closed, even though DVC members are being allowed to book these rooms.

Where is Disney moving these DVC members to?
Mostly to Kidani or to 5th floor units, non-Club.

Right, but a Studio is fewer points. I thought I recall reading somewhere that people were being switched to one-bedrooms at Kidani for the same number of points.
Depends on what was booked. Keep in mind that with 5 lock-off 2BRs, some had studios booked, some 1BRs, and some may have gotten 2BRs. So what they are moved to varies.

If the demand is there for regular rooms why Doesn't Disney just book them as a standard rooms instead of keeping them closed?

IMO, I think it’s easier to move than try to decide how to refund points.

I am not convinced they can do that either, but people have said that some of the rooms have better views than others,

So, I think as long as there are other rooms at Jambo or Kidani to relocate CL bookings..and it sounds like many have been given an upgrade... it keeps things clean.

Plus, since no one knows when Disney will begin to offer CL, allowing members to book keeps them eligible for the service when it comes back.

There has been no club level availability and I just noticed it opened up fully for September. Is it possible its opening back up?

There has been no club level availability and I just noticed it opened up fully for September. Is it possible its opening back up?
Almost certainly not. Club is managed by the AKL hotel side, and AKL is not reopening in September. It will not be opened for 5 DVC lock-offs.

More likely people have been cancelling and moving rather than having MS move them.

Just to note on Club level bookings You won’t get points difference back until afterwards so no ability to reuse the points for the same trip even if Disney know it will be closed

“Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House are available for booking. Note that Club Level Amenities, services, and Cast Members are not currently available. A date has not been determined when those amenities will reopen. Should these amenities remain unavailable during your stay, you will be refunded the vacation point difference between the room type booked and the comparable Standard View room after check-out.”

Last edited:
Almost certainly not. Club is managed by the AKL hotel side, and AKL is not reopening in September. It will not be opened for 5 DVC lock-offs.

More likely people have been cancelling and moving rather than having MS move them.

FYI - The Club lounge is actually owned by AKV - DVC and the hotel side has an agreement to use it. Or at least that's what the POS states. Per the way it's worded I'd believe the management should fall under DVC although I'd agree it doesn't seem to.

FYI - The Club lounge is actually owned by AKV - DVC and the hotel side has an agreement to use it. Or at least that's what the POS states. Per the way it's worded I'd believe the management should fall under DVC although I'd agree it doesn't seem to.
It seems like it would be hard for the management to be DVC. Right now, with all food service at AKL dark, if they were to open up club seems like it would be bagels, snack mix, and bottled water/Miller Lite.

Is it similar to TOTWL? Owned by DVC but it’s run via Disney?

It will be interesting to see when and how they open the CL AK. Will it be prepackaged items handed out by CM's? Will they give vouchers for free snacks and such? Will they do nothing and return points as stated? If the DVC lounge in EPCOT can open, could they not figure out how to open the club level?

It will be interesting to see when and how they open the CL AK. Will it be prepackaged items handed out by CM's? Will they give vouchers for free snacks and such? Will they do nothing and return points as stated? If the DVC lounge in EPCOT can open, could they not figure out how to open the club level?

The DVC lounge in Epcot is run by DVC. While DVC may own the lounge itself at Jambo, the services for CL are provided by Disney and they are not offering those services anywhere on property,

So, I don’t think there is anything that can be done, other than refund points or move guests when there is room to that...like they seemed to do in July and August.

Of course, with it, there should be a credit for that line item in dues to AKV owners for 2020 since the cost is no longer there.

The DVC lounge in Epcot is run by DVC. While DVC may own the lounge itself at Jambo, the services for CL are provided by Disney and they are not offering those services anywhere on property,

Beyond that, even if DVC put a staffer and a microwave and a Keurig in the lounge, I'm not sure DVC members would be excited about paying for "Club level amenities" consisting of a bunch of Hot Pockets, some Miller Lite, and some Cheez-Its. At Epcot, it's always been a coffee maker, some coke product, and packaged snacks, and no one is actively paying for it, which makes service restriction easier to communicate.

The food at Club comes out of one of the commercial kitchens downstairs (not sure which one - doesn't matter, as all food service at AKL Jambo is dark).

The economics aren't there to get Disney to open and prep a kitchen for daily use, for DVC to pay to have prep staff in that kitchen, and to have a lounge attendant. DVC represents 5 units typically supported by the Club lounge. This is less than 10% of the typical units being supported by the Lounge, and the financials are wildly unlikely to work to support just those units.

So, I don’t think there is anything that can be done, other than refund points or move guests when there is room to that...like they seemed to do in July and August.

Of course, with it, there should be a credit for that line item in dues to AKV owners for 2020 since the cost is no longer there.
I agree and I am not an AK owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter