Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Thanks for the head up! I was expecting a chest of drawers like at the Yacht Club.

I wasn’t going to bring our hanging closet organizer (6 shelves) that we use for our stays at Pop, but I see now it’s going to be necessary. I store all the kids clothes in the organizer, and bring 50 wire hangers for mine and Hubby’s clothes. The organizer is a lifesaver! Can’t take credit for it, someone on the Pop Resort thread recommended it. Although, with Pop’s renovated rooms it no longer works there.

@goofygal531 we had discussed this a while back and I wanted you to know my room does have a chest of drawers —5ACF9260-0291-4093-8E74-1465F34E5BB5.jpeg right inside the door. Not sure if some do and some don’t, or what. I am in a standard view standard room. FYI

I just upgraded my trip from POP to AKL Kidani Village, I'm very excited we've never stayed Deluxe before!! But... I have no idea what area/room to request! We have a Deluxe Studio standard view. Any suggestions? Also do they have cots available for request? If so, would one fit in a Deluxe Studio? We have 4 adults, 2 woman on the smaller side so we could fit on the pull out but would prefer it if we could get a cot.

They don’t have cots available. You could bring a twin sized air mattress or have one delivered from amazon prime now. I don’t know if it would fit because I’ve only stayed in their one bedrooms. you will have a great time.

So I’ve always heard you can’t request a cot at a DVC resort. However I personally saw housekeeping wheel 2 folded cots out of a Kidani villa when we were checking out on Tues AM. So contrary to popular belief it apparently is possible to request and receive one (though I don’t know if they run out).
Is there a CS at Kidani Village? If you buy the refillable mugs and are staying at Kidani, do you have to go over to Jambo and the Mara to fill them?
The pool bar offers packaged sandwiches and salads to go or eat at the pool and as a prev poster stated there is qs food to go for breakfast at Sanaa. The refill mug stations are at both the lobby store and the pool bar.

I sent an email today about my disappointment in not being notified about the pool refurb. I got a call back within 2 hours! I was also offered the Boardwalk. The gentleman first offered the studio at Kidani but after he sensed my hesitation at the room configuration with the sofa bed being the second bed choice he offered the Boardwalk. I accepted and I know this is an upgrade but I’m feeling so sad about not being at AKL. The pool is the focus of our trip so I have to convince myself that this is a good way to experience a resort I’d probably never get to stay at otherwise. We were just at WDW for a quick 2 day trip to CBR and we went over to AKL to eat at Boma. It was so hard to leave and drive back to CBR. AKL just feels like home. It probably sounds crazy to say but I hope I’ll be ok with the switch.
I think you hit the jackpot. BW for F&W is an awesome accommodation. My son absolutely loves the clown pool slide. There are performers on the Boardwalk as night as well which are entertaining. The walk to Epcot and DHS is great especially if you plan to hit up the new toy story land and/or F&W a lot. Be sure to check out ample hills creamery if you like ice cream!

Quick question for anyone of you that rent DVC or own DVC. If we need more toiletries before the day they come, can we ask for more? Also, how much is extra towel service should we need it? And I know we only get housekeeping every 4 days. So if we are checking in on a sat afternoon, next cleaning would be Tuesday, correct? TIA for any help!

Quick question for anyone of you that rent DVC or own DVC. If we need more toiletries before the day they come, can we ask for more? Also, how much is extra towel service should we need it? And I know we only get housekeeping every 4 days. So if we are checking in on a sat afternoon, next cleaning would be Tuesday, correct? TIA for any help!
Technically you are supposed to pay if you want more toiletries or new towels before day 4 when the they are replaced. I have heard of people not always being charged but it is $6 for a new set of towels and like $5 or $6 for toiletries I think. So if you do request be aware you may be charged as that is the actual policy.
Yes tues would be day 4 for a Saturday checkin

We have a late flight on our check-out day. Is there a place to shower if we spend the day swimming?

Kidani has an actual changing room and shower near the gym which is by the pool. It was great to be able to shower the kids and change them with lots of space. Usually we had to manage in a regular bathroom.

I do not recall what the bathrooms Jambo had near the pool.

Kidani has an actual changing room and shower near the gym which is by the pool. It was great to be able to shower the kids and change them with lots of space. Usually we had to manage in a regular bathroom.

I do not recall what the bathrooms Jambo had near the pool.

In Jambo House - the bathrooms with showers are in the gym.

What about any lockers? At the pool, gym, where? Is there a charge?

There are lockers by the baby pool at Jambo House. They are right outside the entrance to the Mara and the arcade. I think there’s a bathroom there too. There definitely used to be a bathroom with showers there by Mara. Not sure if there’s a charge. I’ll try and remember to look.

I remember hearing about a test AKL was doing for a “cashless resort”. Is this still going on?

Can you use cash in The Mara? We have the DDP, but sometimes we pay cash for a kids breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter