• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Awesome! Thank you for the Activities sheet @danikoski 🙌 Hope you have a great time over at WL.
P.S. Would love to see more photos when/if you have time!

Hi. My GF and I are staying at Jambo house Aug 11-17. I was wondering what others have experienced with bus service as I keep hearing from others that I should simply budget for some extra Ubers and Lyfts (especially to MK). TIA!

Hi. My GF and I are staying at Jambo house Aug 11-17. I was wondering what others have experienced with bus service as I keep hearing from others that I should simply budget for some extra Ubers and Lyfts (especially to MK). TIA!
We’ve stayed at AKL probably more than 5 times and I’ve never had a problem with the bus service. If you are really worried about making rope drop or specific reservations or similar you could always take an Uber. Make sure if you do use rideshare to MK you ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary, otherwise they will drop you off at the TTC and you’ll have to take a monorail or ferry, losing any of the time you saved by not waiting on a bus, just my two cents. With the bus times now available in app it makes the decision whether to wait or use rideshare much easier in my opinion.

We we're in room 3112. I had actually requested a standard room on fourth floor directly across from 3112 on Kudu trail. We we were on Ostrich trail right off the lobby. It ended up bet an awesome location. Would definitely request that room again. We even saw zebras and one giraffe, plus lots of cranes and a maribu stork.
IMG_20190604_071234635.jpgIMG_20190604_091414294_HDR.jpgIMG_20190603_204440556.jpgIMG_20190603_181857008_HDR.jpgIMG_20190604_110128524.jpg

Are you hearing that from people who have actually stayed at AKL? We have never had an issue with the buses when staying there. AKL to MK is the longest ride and on our last trip it averaged about 18 minutes from the time the doors closed at Jambo to the time they opened at MK (I looked at the clock when leaving and when arriving each time), there was 1 trip that was just over 21 minutes, but all the rest were less than 20. All the other parks and DS are not as long. As far as waiting for a bus, there is no rhyme or reason to it. All resorts can seem like they are perfect at times and all resorts can seem horrible at times. That is all luck of the draw.

From what I have seen over the years on the boards is that most people who complain about how long the travel times are or how far AKL is to everything else are coming from people who either A) have never stepped foot in AKL B) are comparing the monorail loop to AKL in getting to MK and basing things off nothing else C) occasionally those who had some pretty bad luck with the buses (which can happen anywhere) D) don't like that the vibe of the resort CAN make you FEEL LIKE you are far removed from WDW.

Are you hearing that from people who have actually stayed at AKL? We have never had an issue with the buses when staying there. AKL to MK is the longest ride and on our last trip it averaged about 18 minutes from the time the doors closed at Jambo to the time they opened at MK (I looked at the clock when leaving and when arriving each time), there was 1 trip that was just over 21 minutes, but all the rest were less than 20. All the other parks and DS are not as long. As far as waiting for a bus, there is no rhyme or reason to it. All resorts can seem like they are perfect at times and all resorts can seem horrible at times. That is all luck of the draw.

From what I have seen over the years on the boards is that most people who complain about how long the travel times are or how far AKL is to everything else are coming from people who either A) have never stepped foot in AKL B) are comparing the monorail loop to AKL in getting to MK and basing things off nothing else C) occasionally those who had some pretty bad luck with the buses (which can happen anywhere) D) don't like that the vibe of the resort CAN make you FEEL LIKE you are far removed from WDW.

Thank you so much! This really helps.

We’ve stayed at AKL probably more than 5 times and I’ve never had a problem with the bus service. If you are really worried about making rope drop or specific reservations or similar you could always take an Uber. Make sure if you do use rideshare to MK you ask to be dropped off at the Contemporary, otherwise they will drop you off at the TTC and you’ll have to take a monorail or ferry, losing any of the time you saved by not waiting on a bus, just my two cents. With the bus times now available in app it makes the decision whether to wait or use rideshare much easier in my opinion.

I agree completely w/ @OhThePain
Oh, and I don't think you'll hear any complaints about how long it takes to get to AK:crazy:

Still figuring out the new photo thing on here...like it, but I'm not sure anyone can read the activities.
Thanks! It's a little hard to read, but I can definitely make out the movies and times for many of the activities, which is super helpful!

We're going to be at AKL January 25-February 2, 2020! I'm SO unbelievably excited - we were there around the same time in 2017 and it was AMAZING. Going an extra day this time because my husband and daughter LOVE Star Wars. Realized yesterday that it's almost time to start thinking about where we want to go/eat each day since our ADR day is less then 2 months away!

A random question...when we were there in 2017, we fell in love with a pair of African geese. They appeared to be patrolling the grounds every morning (on the savannah that's visible from the lobby). One of the animal keepers told us that they were a male-male pair and implied that they were a couple. Are they still there? THANKS!

My family will be staying at AKL from 8/13-8/17. My husband and I have been to Disney World before (pre-kids) but this time, we will be back with our 2 daughters (ages 6 and 9). I think I am more excited than they are! :)
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL

August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL

We will be there one dec 1 Jambo savanna view :) no parks add on to hockey tourney
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani

We're going to be at AKL January 25-February 2, 2020! I'm SO unbelievably excited - we were there around the same time in 2017 and it was AMAZING. Going an extra day this time because my husband and daughter LOVE Star Wars. Realized yesterday that it's almost time to start thinking about where we want to go/eat each day since our ADR day is less then 2 months away!

A random question...when we were there in 2017, we fell in love with a pair of African geese. They appeared to be patrolling the grounds every morning (on the savannah that's visible from the lobby). One of the animal keepers told us that they were a male-male pair and implied that they were a couple. Are they still there? THANKS!
January
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL

We are staying at Jambo 22nd-30th August... anyone know how far they will be through the refurbs at that point? What are the chances of getting a refurbed room now?

New room is wonderful. Spacious and bathroom is very nice. I miss the carpeting and wallpaper but love the new look. Everything is new. Even the balcony and its “ceiling” is freshly painted.
Lots of lights. I like the lack of armoire - more room and space. Although drawers aren’t as big.
Will post pics later - I don’t want to post sideways pics and need to take new ones in landscape mode I guess...

Wow those rooms look great!

We are only 10 days away from arriving at AKL for the first time!! We have a standard view - King Room booked. Does anyone know if any of these are refurbished? Any recommendations on room requests for that type of room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter