Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

So have I made a mistake switching from Pop to Jambo? I've stayed at AKL many times, so I know the differences, but with so few food options, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. What's the concensus?
We are at Jambo now and really enjoying the “quiet” resort. We used Instacart and had a very good experience getting groceries to the room. No regrets whatsoever staying here! Just myself and DH for the first few days, then DD and grandsons (3&1) joining us.

We are at Jambo now and really enjoying the “quiet” resort. We used Instacart and had a very good experience getting groceries to the room. No regrets whatsoever staying here! Just myself and DH for the first few days, then DD and grandsons (3&1) joining us.
How did it work? Did they meet you in the lobby?

...my DS had booked a split stay at the Riv and Jambo. However, when he checked into Jambo there was literally NO ONE is the entire place, besides a family of 3 and a single gentleman. He asked to be switched to Kidani, since NONE of the eateries were open, including the Victoria Falls Lounge and the pool bar. They were able to eat breakfast at Sanaa though.
So did they switch him to Kidani?

So have I made a mistake switching from Pop to Jambo? I've stayed at AKL many times, so I know the differences, but with so few food options, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. What's the concensus?
Did you have to pay for it? In my opinion right now with so much closed; I wouldn't pay to switch from really any resort to AKL. Add to that that from AKL you're busing to all parks and you can use the gondala to get to 2 parks and the boardwalk area from Pop...I'd stay with Pop. Having said that; if you got magically upgraded from a "value" to AKL; I wouldn't (and didn't) turn it down, but I really wish they'd have their main counter service place opened.

Good luck! I just nabbed a confirmed rental for our dates. I just don’t want to take any chances we’ll get locked out.

Beyond excited for my first stay at AKL!

Question... at Beach Club Villas the sizes of the balconies vary. Last year we had a corner room with a HUGE wrap around balcony, probably the size of 3 of their regular balconies. Is this the case at Kidani or are they all exactly the same size?
We used the extra space for the kids to play. If there are any larger balconies we’d love to request one.
Thanks all!
Was that a handicap accessible room? I know a couple handicap accessible rooms have those huge balconies you could sleep 6 more people on.

Last edited:
So did they switch him to Kidani?
....yes they did...didn't get a very good view though....

enhance

Sanaa was open for breakfast, AND, you could eat in the dining room:

enhance

enhance

enhance

However, you had to order via your cell phone.
Nice pics. Are these ones your son sent to you?
I don't see well enough to use a smart phone. I don't know what I will be able to do regarding having to order from your phone. I don't know if that means I just won't be able to eat at those places, and have to find somewhere else, or if a cast member will be able to order for me. I guess I will find out. I don't go until Dec, so hopefully more restaurants will be open then.

I don't see well enough to use a smart phone. I don't know what I will be able to do regarding having to order from your phone. I don't know if that means I just won't be able to eat at those places, and have to find somewhere else, or if a cast member will be able to order for me. I guess I will find out. I don't go until Dec, so hopefully more restaurants will be open then.
....he said that you could not order in person. I suppose that, if you happen to be staying there, you probably could phone ahead with the room phone... :confused3 He CAN see well, and he said that it got to be annoying.

....and, yes, he sent them via his cell phone. You might want to check ahead to see if the ordering procedure has been updated. They were there 3 weeks ago.

....yup. At least it was a very short walk to the lobby. They were hardly in the room so they didn't really care too much. It was kinda noisy though.
One time I had one of those rooms at BWV over airline check-in. No privacy and quite noisy. Once I had a room at Jambo House directly on front drive right by porte cochere, but it was only for one night, so we just kept the curtains closed.

....he said that you could not order in person. I suppose that, if you happen to be staying there, you probably could phone ahead with the room phone... :confused3 He CAN see well, and he said that it got to be annoying.
So many of the QS in the parks seem to be order by phone only now too.
It will be more of a hassle than for most people, who look at their phones non-stop and know how to use them quickly. OH well, I will get by.

Was that a handicap accessible room? I know a couple handicap accessible rooms have those huge balconies you could sleep 6 more people on.

Nope - just the way it was located. There are only a handful of these at BCV - We were actually 5 plus a baby in a studio so I reached out to the GM of The Beach Club and specificially asked for one of these balconies so my kids had room to play since the room would be cramped - we also stored our suitcases out there - with tons of room to spare.

For those with food allergies it is still possible to order in person at the QS locations that have mobile order, as it is often necessary to speak with a chef or allergy-trained cast member in person in order to place the order to ensure safe food.

Although not guaranteed, I would expect that the locations would likewise be able to find a way to accommodate someone who has a vision issue that precludes their use of mobile ordering. There are also going to be people who just don't have smartphones, or who are having technical issues and there smartphone isn't working. They need to have a way to deal with those situations.

You may wish to make a post to the disABILITIES! Forum (https://www.disboards.com/forums/disabilities.20/) to ask if anyone (aside from food allergies) has experience being unable to use the mobile ordering app and how they were accommodated.

It is also possible WDW's Disability Services might be able to provide you with some information: Disability Services at (407) 560-2547 or email disability.services@disneyparks.com.

Finally... do you have/can you use a tablet ? Kind of a pain to carry around, but I *think* the MDE app on a tablet allows mobile ordering.

Enjoy your trip !!

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter