Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are staying CL in a few weeks. I can’t decide if I should keep my request for the lone CL room with bunk beds, or request a refurbished room. If any of the CL rooms have been refurbished, I would prefer that over the bunk beds.

We just got back from our 7 night stay at AKL Jambo - It was absolutely lovely! It was our first stay here and kids really loved the hotel. We had a standard view and asked for first pot of Kudu trail rooms with partial view, but ended up with a similar room on Ostrich trail with nice view (plenty of animal spotting of all sorts). We loved this even more because of its proximity to the bus! Loved all restaurants too (Jiko, Boma and Sanaa). Bus transportation wasn't bad at all. It was an amazing stay!

I'm here now. I did not get the room we requested, but did ask if they had anything available for what we wanted. They did and we were switched yay!
We have a pool view room and did want to go find some different places to view the animals. We asked the lady in the lobby and she just pointed us to the back out of the lobby. Isn't there a sunset room or overlook? Or any overlooks ?

I'm here now. I did not get the room we requested, but did ask if they had anything available for what we wanted. They did and we were switched yay!
We have a pool view room and did want to go find some different places to view the animals. We asked the lady in the lobby and she just pointed us to the back out of the lobby. Isn't there a sunset room or overlook? Or any overlooks ?
If you walk down the halls in the Arusha savannah wings there are overlooks with rocking chairs and binoculars. Nice quiet spots!

MemphisVanessa I am glad to hear you like your pool view room. We are staying there for the first time in September and I have a pool view room. Any other details you want to share, I will be happy to hear. Have a fabulous trip. Cheryl

... Isn't there a sunset room or overlook? Or any overlooks ?
Yes https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm it’s noted on the map - between the check in counter and the entry to Kudu trail, but it only overlooks a small portion of Sunset savanna. The best over view of Sunset is behind the lobby over at Kidani IMO - grab the shuttle over to Kidani and just walk out the back of their lobby.
Also out by the Kidani pool is an overlook for the small Pembe savanna.
Sounds like you’ve found the Uzima savanna overlook out by the Jambo pool and the ones along the trails/halls.

Just talked to a CM and they said they were starting on the refurb on the buildings where I seen the men working. Zebra Trail pool view rooms. I didn't ask about any other areas. If you look across the pool behind the trees in the picture you can see there are 2 orange vehicles.
Thank you for the reporting from the field. LOL. Can you see the vehicles from the pool? I wonder how long they will be working on that Zebra pool view. We arrive in exactly 4 weeks and, like many, trying to figure out requests.

Last edited:
Yes https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm it’s noted on the map - between the check in counter and the entry to Kudu trail, but it only overlooks a small portion of Sunset savanna. The best over view of Sunset is behind the lobby over at Kidani IMO - grab the shuttle over to Kidani and just walk out the back of their lobby.
Also out by the Kidani pool is an overlook for the small Pembe savanna.
Sounds like you’ve found the Uzima savanna overlook out by the Jambo pool and the ones along the trails/halls.
We are going to eat at Sanaa tomorrow so I will definitely check it out. Thank you !

Thank you for the reporting from the field. LOL. Can you see the vehicles from the rooms? I wonder how long they will be working on that Zebra pool view. We arrive in exactly 4 weeks and, like many, trying to figure out requests.
I'm in Giraffe Trail and I can only see a little of them working on it through the trees. Really not bothersome at all. Now if there are people staying in the pool view rooms over in Zebra Trail I would say it would be annoying. I have no idea how long it will take, but I will check to see if I see any other areas being worked on tomorrow.

I don’t have pics but it appears they’ve also started working on some rooms on the Zebra trail facing the Uzima savanna. Just started seeing this today. There were vehicles out there and workers on one of the balconies this morning.

OK so these are the savanna view rooms that are also being worked on right now. Zebra trail, facing Uzima savanna, across the hall from the pool view rooms. I circled it in red on the map. It’s 8:30am now and nothing is happening, but we noticed it late morning yesterday. There has been no noise impact and animals have been out there as usual. The only jarring thing IMO were the workers supervising from a nearby balcony. I felt like we’d have no privacy if we wanted to hang outside on our balcony midday. We have had other plans anyway so no big deal.

We are only here til Sunday morning when we move to the Poly so we’ll make do. This wasn’t going on when we first checked in, and we specifically wanted to be in this area of the resort for the convenience after they’d wanted to assign us to what I assume was a renovated room in Kudu (and thus out of the way of any renos), so it is what it is. But hope this update is useful!

Last edited:
OK so these are the savanna view rooms that are also being worked on right now. Zebra trail, facing Uzima savanna, across the hall from the pool view rooms. I circled it in red on the map. It’s 8:30am now and nothing is happening, but we noticed it late morning yesterday. There has been no noise impact and animals have been out there as usual. The only jarring thing IMO were the workers supervising from a nearby balcony. I felt like we’d have no privacy of we wanted to hang outside on our balcony.

We are only here a couple more days so we’ll make do. This wasn’t going on when we first checked in, and we specifically wanted to be in this area of the resort for the convenience after they’d wanted to assign us to what I assume was a renovated room in Kudu (and thus out of the way of any renos), so it is what it is. But hope this update is useful!

Thanks for such detail! We're staying CL and really wanted Zebra trail, but not if it's undergoing renovations. We'll just have to continue to keep an eye out for how this progresses, but we're only 30 days out so probably not a lot of change from what you're seeing now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter