• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Really hoping rent points to be in a Standard studio at Jambo House 11/21/20- 11/27/20. Will know for sure as soon as booking opens in December. We have rented points to stay at AKL twice before. First time was a savanna view in Kidani, then a standard view in Jambo. We loved both stays. We looked at booking elsewhere for our upcoming stay, but I just couldn't get away from how much I love the cast members, decor, and animal viewing at AKL.

Hey everyone. Help me out with this. I've read on multiple websites that all renovations to the Jambo house will be completed by the end of the year. However, I've read on some other places that it won't finished until the first half of next year. Just looking for some clarification on this. Thanks!

I am new to AKL and plan to stay there in a 2 br suite in May 2020. We have a large party and young kids and can't risk them being in a room alone if we can't get connecting room (they go to bed earlier than we want to) so we need the living area space.

My question is, I can't figure out how you get around this lodge? I am told that we will be in the Jambo House on floor 2, 3, or 4 with a 2 br suite. Looking at the locations on the touring plans site, it looks like they are on Zebra and Kudu Trail wings, most at the very end. There seem to be a couple on that first (closest to the lobby) jutted out building area but I'm not really sure. I can't really find a map with the locations of the elevators or how you even get to these points? We walked our legs off (haha!) this past week going from the entry at the Beach Club to our room which was all the way at the end closest to Epcot and we don't want a repeat of that. It doesn't look to me like there are as many rooms in AKL on one of these wings but I need to hear from those of you that know these things.

Let's say I'm given a room at the far end of the Zebra trail area on the 3rd floor. How do I get there?

Thanks!

....hey, shout-out to all my original Jambo gals ~

I know this is off-topic, but I just noticed Saturday that my floating Mickey balloon that I had in my siggie is GONE!!! [ :sad ] Does anyone else happen to have it....or perhaps has seen it in someone else's siggie that I could copy and paste it? HELP!!

I am new to AKL and plan to stay there in a 2 br suite in May 2020. We have a large party and young kids and can't risk them being in a room alone if we can't get connecting room (they go to bed earlier than we want to) so we need the living area space.

My question is, I can't figure out how you get around this lodge? I am told that we will be in the Jambo House on floor 2, 3, or 4 with a 2 br suite. Looking at the locations on the touring plans site, it looks like they are on Zebra and Kudu Trail wings, most at the very end. There seem to be a couple on that first (closest to the lobby) jutted out building area but I'm not really sure. I can't really find a map with the locations of the elevators or how you even get to these points? We walked our legs off (haha!) this past week going from the entry at the Beach Club to our room which was all the way at the end closest to Epcot and we don't want a repeat of that. It doesn't look to me like there are as many rooms in AKL on one of these wings but I need to hear from those of you that know these things.

Let's say I'm given a room at the far end of the Zebra trail area on the 3rd floor. How do I get there?

Thanks!
The lobby is on the 3rd floor and all the trails are off the lobby. Kudu ( right side) and Zebra ( left side) are at the far end of the lobby. There are elevators for the other floors in convent areas. There are rooms at the end of the trails and it is a long walk.

The lobby is on the 3rd floor and all the trails are off the lobby. Kudu ( right side) and Zebra ( left side) are at the far end of the lobby. There are elevators for the other floors in convent areas. There are rooms at the end of the trails and it is a long walk.

Okay that helps, but when you say the lobby is on the 3rd floor, are there steps entering the lobby? And so some of the rooms are below the lobby level (floors 1 and 2)? And I'm not sure I know what you mean by "elevators for the other floors are in convent areas." Does that mean that the trails (are they outside) that lead to the rooms in the Kudu and the Zebra areas are outside?

Thanks!

Okay that helps, but when you say the lobby is on the 3rd floor, are there steps entering the lobby? And so some of the rooms are below the lobby level (floors 1 and 2)? And I'm not sure I know what you mean by "elevators for the other floors are in convent areas." Does that mean that the trails (are they outside) that lead to the rooms in the Kudu and the Zebra areas are outside?

Thanks!
Suppose to be convenient areas...stupid spell check...lol. There are no steps into the lobby and I think the only rooms on the first floor are pool view. No ,the trails are indoors off the lobby. There is a map on the first page of this thread. It will clear up your questions.

Edit to see if map shows up here. I also think ( if I remember correctly) the elevators are located where the red defibrillator areas are on the map.

Last edited:
Suppose to be convenient areas...stupid spell check...lol. There are no steps into the lobby and I think the only rooms on the first floor are pool view. No ,the trails are indoors off the lobby. There is a map on the first page of this thread. It will clear up your questions.

Edit to see if map shows up here. I also think ( if I remember correctly) the elevators are located where the red defibrillator areas are on the map.

View attachment 440440
Okay yeah, that makes sense. Yes, it looks like the walk there will probably beat the one at the Beach Club. Probably will rethink this then. Thanks for the information!

Can someone tell me if the elevators circled in red on this map go up to the Club Level lounge, or do you have to go to the lobby elevators to get to that floor? Still trying to figure this out ;)

Thanks!440594

Attachments

• AK Map.png
    AK Map.png
    990.6 KB · Views: 1
Can someone tell me if the elevators circled in red on this map go up to the Club Level lounge, or do you have to go to the lobby elevators to get to that floor? Still trying to figure this out ;)

Thanks!View attachment 440594

Unfortunately you will have to access the CL via the elevators in the lobby as the lounge is directly over the lobby at the front of the resort. You could technically always walk from your room and access the lobby elevators from the level you're staying on instead of taking the elevator nearest you down to the lobby, walking to those elevators and then taking them back up, but either way you'll need to use those sets of elevators for the lounge.

Unfortunately you will have to access the CL via the elevators in the lobby as the lounge is directly over the lobby at the front of the resort. You could technically always walk from your room and access the lobby elevators from the level you're staying on instead of taking the elevator nearest you down to the lobby, walking to those elevators and then taking them back up, but either way you'll need to use those sets of elevators for the lounge.

That’s what I figured. So, where do these elevators I circled go?

That’s what I figured. So, where do these elevators I circled go?

They access all floors from that part of the resort, but they don't go all the way up to the 6th floor. The 6th floor is only accessible from the elevators in the front of the resort.

December
11/30 - 12/04 MinnieMouse3 - AKL
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
11/30 - 12/10 crazycatstacy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/3 - 12/6 Disneyhanna - AKL
12/4 - 12/12 rangerxenos - AKL
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/10 - 12/17 Nancyg56 - AKL
12/12 - 12/15 softballmom3 - AKL
12/13 - 12/18 Bubby4Clay - AKL Jambo
12/21 - 12/26 TinkerBelle_325 - AKL CL
12/21 - 12/28 jcthompson2 - AKL
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL
....you may be adding me to this list.....got a price of $1076 for 12/25 to 12/29.....I'll let you know if it's official.

I’m hoping we can stay a AKL in April. Come on big discounts! Last year we stayed in room 4555 and while it was a good 7 minute walk to front of lobby we had so many animals every morning. This is a standard view room. All the animals came each morning waiting to be fed or moved.

I'll happily trade a long walk from my room for a great view of the animals! Every morning when I stay at AKL, I go out on the balcony with my coffee and pastry (and camera!) and see what new animal was outside.

I'll happily trade a long walk from my room for a great view of the animals! Every morning when I stay at AKL, I go out on the balcony with my coffee and pastry (and camera!) and see what new animal was outside.
Me too! And I must admit that I spend far too much time at night just waiting on my balcony, peering into the silent night. There’s something magical for me when I see an animal, be it a giraffe, a zebra, a water buck, etc., silently emerge from the darkness.

Me too! I submitted my touring plans room request and there’s so many preferences to choose from at AKL. Obviously a king bed, partial savannah, refurbished, close to lobby and buses room is the dream for our honeymoon. But I just decided to let the pipe dream go and tell them I had a strong preference for partial savannah room and happy to walk to lobby and buses if it means I get a glimpse of savannah.
We’ll probably end up doing 20,000 steps a day. What’s another 2000?

Me too! I submitted my touring plans room request and there’s so many preferences to choose from at AKL. Obviously a king bed, partial savannah, refurbished, close to lobby and buses room is the dream for our honeymoon. But I just decided to let the pipe dream go and tell them I had a strong preference for partial savannah room and happy to walk to lobby and buses if it means I get a glimpse of savannah.
We’ll probably end up doing 20,000 steps a day. What’s another 2000?

I just submitted my touring plans room request but I'm not sure I did it right. Did you specify a room or just the information you posted above?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter