• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi all! So is there a benefit to doing online check-in on MDE? I’ve heard that rooms can be quite a hike from the lobby, so is requesting a room near the lobby beneficial? Or would those standard rooms pretty much be a view of the parking lot, thus taking us out of potentially being a partial savannah view?
Re online check-in I can‘t say as I’ve never done it. Re your second question, I would recommend having a look at the map here: www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/aklmap.htm as it answers your question quite nicely, I think.

I think the most recent update we heard on this thread was that the zebra and kudu trails were finished, and they're currently working on the ostrich and giraffe rooms.

I have a reservation for standard rooms in a couple of weeks, and my fingers are crossed that means all the standards are either finished or currently under renovation. I'm hoping that means a renovated room is basically a given at this point.

Would you mind reporting back after your trip as I am also curious if they have finished renovating all the standard rooms?...Keeping my fingers that you get an updated room :)

Well, my fastpasses are made, and I am in countdown mode! It has been a crazy couple of weeks at home and I am so ready for the relaxing atmosphere of AKL!
Yippee, hope you got what you wanted, I too was up at 4 a.m. my time (7 a.m. east coast time) this morning making my FPs - I miss the days when FP was first introduced and opened at midnight east coast time which was 9 pm my time...

Yippee, hope you got what you wanted, I too was up at 4 a.m. my time (7 a.m. east coast time) this morning making my FPs - I miss the days when FP was first introduced and opened at midnight east coast time which was 9 pm my time...
We got everything, some times aren't exactly what we wanted, but workable! Hope you did ok too! I am central time so 6 am for me, which is about the time I should be leaving for work. I vastly preferred staying up until 11 to book.

:wave2:
Stigsmom and kids will be there June 14-18 for a quick trip to Star Wars land!
June
6/2 - 6/9 starfrenxy - AKL
6/5 - 6/13 DigitalOlli - AKV Jambo
6/6 - 6/12 malissa90 - AKL
6/14 - 6/18 Stigsmom - AKL
6/14 - 6/21 amyadams1020 - AKL
6/24 - 6/27 DizDad7 - Vero
6/27 - 7/2 DizDaD7 - OKW
6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV

Savannah view vets, I need your help😊 we will be staying club level, so 4th floor....we will be there in July and not doing parks. Just looking forward to balcony time and pools. As far as requesting, is there any difference between kudu trail vs zebra trail as far as facing the sun? Any bit of shade during the day would be great👍 thanks for your help!

I’m currently at AKL 5th floor Zebra trail, savannah view and it seems they are doing work out on the savannah and no animals are out. Feeling pretty bummed about this. We are only here for 1 night.

Hi all, wondering if you help although I am not staying at AKL. We are coming for supper at Sanaa at 5:55 PM, 1st week of March. If we want to see animals, at what time should we arrive at the main lodge? Is it better to go there first, have a look around, then go to Jambo? How do we make it there?

Let's say we'd arrive at the resort for 4 PM, what should we do? Or should we go even earlier? Thank you!

Hi all, wondering if you help although I am not staying at AKL. We are coming for supper at Sanaa at 5:55 PM, 1st week of March. If we want to see animals, at what time should we arrive at the main lodge? Is it better to go there first, have a look around, then go to Jambo? How do we make it there?

Let's say we'd arrive at the resort for 4 PM, what should we do? Or should we go even earlier? Thank you!

I think 4 would give you plenty of time to enjoy the resort before your meal.

Jambo house is the bigger building. There’s a nice gift shop, the lobby is beautiful, and the grounds are pretty.

Sanaa is in Kidani. The lobby is less impressive and the gift shop is smaller, but there are still plenty of animal viewing spots. Sanaa is downstairs, and there’s a great part of the savannah with a deck near the restaurant entrance. If your main goal is to see animals, I would go right there.

But with 2 hours, you have enough time to see both buildings. The walk is only a few minutes, or you can take the internal shuttle.

We were staying at GDT for one night before our cruise but we just received a call from a WDW castmember indicating that we have received some "magic" and they wanted to move us to a SV room at AKL. I have a feeling there is a large convention at GDT and they want our room. lol Anyway, we really would rather be closer to lobby since we are there just one night so they gave us a pool view. Have all PV rooms been renovated? Also, any recommendations on where to eat dinner at ALK?

We were staying at GDT for one night before our cruise but we just received a call from a WDW castmember indicating that we have received some "magic" and they wanted to move us to a SV room at AKL. I have a feeling there is a large convention at GDT and they want our room. lol Anyway, we really would rather be closer to lobby since we are there just one night so they gave us a pool view. Have all PV rooms been renovated? Also, any recommendations on where to eat dinner at ALK?

Congratulations on the pixie dust :) I am excited to try the tower one day. I loved CSR pre-reno, and the building looks great. But you definitely got an upgrade!

Pool view is a nice room category. You'll feel like the resort is really compact, because you're close to everything. Disney has been really quiet about the reno schedule, but from reports I've seen here, it sounds like all the pool view rooms are finished.

For dinner it depends who you are and what you like. Boma is delicious, and there are tons of options if you're travelling with a range of tastes. I have such fond memories of the bread service at Sanaa, too. I've never had a bad meal at an AKL restaurant, though, so I would check out the menus and see what most appeals to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter