*** January 2019 Thread ***

We will be there Jan 15-21. My husbands whole family will be there with us also (that's 13 total people ugh..). AOA so we all have seperate rooms. So far we're thinking that QS will be the best bet to accommodate us all for meals (for time also), but open to some TS too. So far I'm the only Type A planner of the family, so they all want me to plan what I/our little family want to do and they'll base their plans off that. oooookay.....
Any tips on getting the 8am BBB appointment time? We've got a disney travel agent, should I just cross my fingers that she'll be able to get it?

So are you making ADR for the entire group or just your family? Either way I'd still "double team" the reservation if that one is top priority. I'd still wake up and try to grab the ADR then catch up with your TA later that day or that week and see what they got and cancel or keep accordingly.

Also with such a large group I'd break up into separate groups for the parks so it's more manageable for everyone. It could be by likes (those who prefer "thrill rides" and those who don't) ages (younger kids with a few adults and older kids with other adults) or families or whatever and then have a plan for everyone to meet up at specific periods of time to catch up or catch a show or whatever.

So are you making ADR for the entire group or just your family? Either way I'd still "double team" the reservation if that one is top priority. I'd still wake up and try to grab the ADR then catch up with your TA later that day or that week and see what they got and cancel or keep accordingly.

Also with such a large group I'd break up into separate groups for the parks so it's more manageable for everyone. It could be by likes (those who prefer "thrill rides" and those who don't) ages (younger kids with a few adults and older kids with other adults) or families or whatever and then have a plan for everyone to meet up at specific periods of time to catch up or catch a show or whatever.

The plans right now are for all 13 of us to meet up for at least 1 meal together a day, most likely a lunch or dinner. So I'm hoping that just 2-3 ADR for meals will be needed for us all and we can QS the other days. We will likely try for Ohana, maybe Liberty Tree Tavern, and I can't determine if Mickey's Backyard BBQ is open in that time of year.
That's a good idea to double up for some ADR including BBB.

We will be there Jan 15-21. My husbands whole family will be there with us also (that's 13 total people ugh..). AOA so we all have seperate rooms. So far we're thinking that QS will be the best bet to accommodate us all for meals (for time also), but open to some TS too. So far I'm the only Type A planner of the family, so they all want me to plan what I/our little family want to do and they'll base their plans off that. oooookay.....
Any tips on getting the 8am BBB appointment time? We've got a disney travel agent, should I just cross my fingers that she'll be able to get it?

Welcome@Sarah Harmon! I added you to the roll call in the first post. Happy planning!

Planning a surprise 50th Birthday trip for hubby. We will be there from Jan 4-8. Just a quick long weekend trip to celebrate the big 50. We were just there this past May. Planning on staying at POLY if I can rent points from DVC. Already know I cant get the 4th but she is trying to get me a room from 5-8. fingers crossed. we have never stayed at Poly and I would love to be able to surprise by husband with a stay there.

Planning a surprise 50th Birthday trip for hubby. We will be there from Jan 4-8. Just a quick long weekend trip to celebrate the big 50. We were just there this past May. Planning on staying at POLY if I can rent points from DVC. Already know I cant get the 4th but she is trying to get me a room from 5-8. fingers crossed. we have never stayed at Poly and I would love to be able to surprise by husband with a stay there.

Welcome!!! Hopefully youll be able to get that extra night!

Hello everyone! We are planning on our second Disney trip as a family (but first just the five of us) Jan 22-29th staying at either Pop or I have my eye on the royal rooms at POR. I’m hoping for some sort of discount to see if those are feasible. Has anyone gone in January before and if so have you taken advantage of the play stay dine package? Is it a better value than a room only discount? I’m also going back and forth on meals. We will have two adults, a 7 yr old, 5 yr old and 13 month old. I am torn because we like to do the am breakfasts at the parks but at the same time I love taking advantage of emh as we are early risers and I feel like am dining reservations take away that advantage. Compound that with park hours changing and not being known yet makes me a nervous nelly! For example I think I want to do a crt breakfast (eating in the castle has always been a dream of mine) but we would have to book it on a non emh morning right? So 8am on a 9am open day? Sorry for the rambling! If anyone has any insight I’d welcome it! Thanks!

Hello everyone! We are planning on our second Disney trip as a family (but first just the five of us) Jan 22-29th staying at either Pop or I have my eye on the royal rooms at POR. I’m hoping for some sort of discount to see if those are feasible. Has anyone gone in January before and if so have you taken advantage of the play stay dine package? Is it a better value than a room only discount? I’m also going back and forth on meals. We will have two adults, a 7 yr old, 5 yr old and 13 month old. I am torn because we like to do the am breakfasts at the parks but at the same time I love taking advantage of emh as we are early risers and I feel like am dining reservations take away that advantage. Compound that with park hours changing and not being known yet makes me a nervous nelly! For example I think I want to do a crt breakfast (eating in the castle has always been a dream of mine) but we would have to book it on a non emh morning right? So 8am on a 9am open day? Sorry for the rambling! If anyone has any insight I’d welcome it! Thanks!

Welcome!!!
The Play stay and dine is really hit or miss. Youll likely have the QS plan if staying at PoP/POR or you could upgrade to a regular plan for a little more. It really depends on how much you want to eat and where you want to eat. We were thinking about getting the dining plan but then when i priced it out with the restaurants we want it was cheaper to pay out of pocket.

If you want to eat at CRT you'll definitely want to do it on a non emh morning, Disney will/can change anything though so its up to you.

Welcome, @kslo69! I'll add you to the roll call. Surprise trips are the best!

Welcome, @mcorey41! I'll add you to the roll call! My recommendation for breakfasts is to schedule them later as brunches... around 10:30 or 10:45. That way, you can schedule at least a couple of your FP+ early, take a break to eat, and then get back to rides and shows while most people are eating lunch. Then grab a good snack in the afternoon to tide you over until dinner. That works well for us!

Hello everyone! We are planning on our second Disney trip as a family (but first just the five of us) Jan 22-
Welcome, @mcorey41! I'll add you to the roll call! My recommendation for breakfasts is to schedule them later as brunches... around 10:30 or 10:45. That way, you can schedule at least a couple of your FP+ early, take a break to eat, and then get back to rides and shows while most people are eating lunch. Then grab a good snack in the afternoon to tide you over until dinner. That works well for us!

That’s such a great idea! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter