*** January 2019 Thread ***

Trying to decide if we are checking luggage or using the 2 carry ons I borrowed from a friend. Did a trial run on packing my 2 kids clothes and their stuff fit nicely inside 1 bag. Now to see how my husbands and mine fits, plus toiletries
24 days!!!

Ah! These countdowns are amazing! I'm so sad I haven't been participating in this thread much recently - strep at the end of November/beginning of December and then the flu last week has pretty much left me completely out of the loop online.

My birthday's tomorrow and it's also the 14 day mark for me so I'm using it as an excuse to start packing tomorrow lol.

Oh also, weird question: does anyone know where I can find operating hours for guest services in Disney Springs? We both need to pick up our APs because we rolled our passes over on the app and if we can do it the night we come in when we're grabbing dinner instead of having to get to Hollywood Studios early the next morning it'd just save us some time. I just can't find any information on operating hours! TIA!
Trying to decide if we are checking luggage or using the 2 carry ons I borrowed from a friend. Did a trial run on packing my 2 kids clothes and their stuff fit nicely inside 1 bag. Now to see how my husbands and mine fits, plus toiletries
24 days!!!

Dont forget about things you might buy in the parks! Who are you flying with?

Dont forget about things you might buy in the parks! Who are you flying with?

It's me, husband and 2 boys. We don't normally fly so we aren't sure how long the normal wait for luggage would be, I'm leaning towards checking 1 large bag and just taking our personal bags as carry on

I am planning on doing laundry, so trying to pack light. But the weather

24 days!!!
We always check 2 bags and everyone has their own personal bag (basically a bavb pack) that we pack 1 change of clothes, meds, screens, phone chargers, swimsuits and everything normally in my purse. That way if the DME gets delayed with the luggage then we have 1st day essentials. We had a super late flight one evening and our bag didn't show up until 2am. Not cool with sleeping kids. They have changed the baggage claim rule so they only get your bags between 5am and 10pm... I think.

Got our magic bands yesterday! 19 days.
giphy.gif

We're coming from a snowy place so are only bringing carry-ons in case there are any delays or quick rushes to gates!
Always bring one bag less then you are allowed (whether you're checking bags or not) and bring an extra bag, like a foldable backpack or duffle, to use for souvenirs on the return :D

Oh so, weird question: does anyone know where I can find operating hours for guest services in Disney Springs? We both need to pick up our APs because we rolled our passes over on the app and if we can do it the night we come in when we're grabbing dinner instead of having to get to Hollywood Studios early the next morning it'd just save us some time.

Does this mean you renewed your APs? I did relatively the same thing on the website. Didn't know we needed to pick anything up, figured it was just go to the park and walk in.

Well I wish I could say everything is cool over here with us but my nerves are getting to me (about the flight) and I’ve got a bit of insomnia and anxiety going on. That being said we’re checked into our flight. My husband and son got A 23 and 24 boarding positions and my daughter and I got A 50 and 51. Pretty happy with the positioning. Now hopefully that’s done I can get some sleep

Does this mean you renewed your APs? I did relatively the same thing on the website. Didn't know we needed to pick anything up, figured it was just go to the park and walk in.

I ended up not renewing my AP for 2017-2018 when it was up - it ran out in April and I had had to get a Park Hopper with the specific deal we got from Disney for our group trip in July. I ended up using that Park Hopper and rolling it into a new AP for 2018-2019, which I normally would do in-park but every place I went to told me it would be $700+ to bridge and it wasn't until after we left the parks and were in the airport that I realized I could bridge my pass for the correct amount ($500) on the app.

So I need to pick up a brand new AP. You should be fine with your renewed AP.

The forecast for flying out on tuesday shows heavy snow in the morning....Our flight is supposed to take off at 8am. Hanging around in the airport is alright but not when I have to entertain two kids. Fingers crossed it changes

Three weeks today! I realized that declining Magic Bands is great in theory, but sad when I don't get a package in the mail to make me feel like it is really getting close. Excited for all the early January travelers and keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for all of those traveling down soon.

Three weeks today! I realized that declining Magic Bands is great in theory, but sad when I don't get a package in the mail to make me feel like it is really getting close. Excited for all the early January travelers and keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for all of those traveling down soon.

Yup!! I didn't get a new MB this time around and it's nice not to have another band that I'm probably not going to end up using but I'm still sad I didn't have one coming in the mail!

TOMORROW! I'm so excited and it's VERY hard to concentrate at work. gah!

I can't believe you're at work the day before you leave!:scared:
I requested off both the day before we leave and the day after we get back home. Before so I can finish packing, get my nails done and run any last minute errands. Also our flight leaves at 5:50AM. And after because I'll have the Disney hangover :upsidedow

I can't believe you're at work the day before you leave!:scared:
I requested off both the day before we leave and the day after we get back home. Before so I can finish packing, get my nails done and run any last minute errands. Also our flight leaves at 5:50AM. And after because I'll have the Disney hangover :upsidedow

Honestly, I dont think I've ever taken off work the day before! I ran most errands over the recent break and im 80% packed. just need to pack toiletries, medication, all the items I use every day and have to still use today before we go! And then I go right back to work the day after I get back... but that's next Friday and then it's a weekend so it'll be a wash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter