*** January 2019 Thread ***

9 Days and counting.. omgeee.. taking the DS to get some new sneakers today so he can break them in at school. This week before the trip. I really hope it isn't a mistake to not rent a stroller this time. I just have to keep reminding myself it was barely used last time and that was 2 years ago..

checked the weather and happy to see it keeps getting nicer every time I look... ^_^

Also started pulling clothes out of drawers to prep for packing and working the tweaks out of our packing list so we will be ready to load it all up in the suitcases next weekends. I wish I didn't have to work next Monday but so be it.

We've been planning this trip for so long I can't believe its already so close.

Currently at the airport waiting to board the plane to Orlando. Going from 8 degrees to close to 80 today!!!

We'll be leaving our house within half an hour- can't wait- see you there! Do you know what days you'll be in which parks? Although not quite as cold as your home, it did drop significantly in temperature this week in Charleston to feel like winter, so I'm looking forward to it being a bit warmer.

9 Days and counting.. omgeee.. taking the DS to get some new sneakers today so he can break them in at school. This week before the trip. I really hope it isn't a mistake to not rent a stroller this time. I just have to keep reminding myself it was barely used last time and that was 2 years ago..

checked the weather and happy to see it keeps getting nicer every time I look... ^_^

Also started pulling clothes out of drawers to prep for packing and working the tweaks out of our packing list so we will be ready to load it all up in the suitcases next weekends. I wish I didn't have to work next Monday but so be it.

We've been planning this trip for so long I can't believe its already so close.

Hope the time flies for you! How old is your DS? I know our boys wouldn't stay in a stroller past 3yo- and that was everywhere not just WDW- they wanted to walk everywhere. When they needed a break we just stopped and took one. We brought the stroller when younger DS was 3 and DH or I ended up pushing it around with the backpack in it the whole first day so we just left it in the room after that. You can always call a local rental co. and they can deliver a stroller to your resort if after the first day you think you need one. Maybe just research a few and keep their numbers handy. We'll sprinkle some pixie dust while we're there this week so the nice weather holds out for you!

We’re home :( I’m already missing Florida. Here’s a recap of our trip. Also we saw vomit in the parks 3 days in a row so be careful to wash your hands frequently on your trip!!

We flew Southwest and I found them to be incredibly efficient. Even though there was open seating my husband and son had early bird check in so they got A boarding and my daughter and I either got A boarding or boarded with family boarding. Boarding was very quick, no delays at all. It was snowing in Ohio on our flight home so I was worried we’d be delayed but nope. The landing was smooth and I’d fly them again.

Pop century was a great resort. We rented a van and found no matter what we were at the parks or Disney Springs in a matter of a few minutes. We all agree that we’d stay at Pop Century again. The beds were comfortable and they gave us more than enough pillows. We had a shower only room on the top floor in the 80s section. It was a little bit of a walk to the main building but we found we liked the quiet and we’d drive the van over to pay down room balances and such.

Magicbands were great but I found myself buying a lot more than I would normally since I didn’t have the cash to see how much I was buying each day. I also got sucked into the limited edition bands and bought 2 of them (wreck it Ralph and lava you).

We found the dining plan to be worth it, more because I could let go of controlling how everyone ate and we also did character meals we wouldn’t have done otherwise. We were able to pick up my parents tab for quick serve every now and then. We had one left over quick serve which we converted to snacks. We did need to plan our snacks and quick serve a little better but overall it was worth it for us. (No one was told to share meals and my son got to order adult meals). The being said we found Be Our Guest not worth 2 table serve credits. My steak and potatoes were cold and it took close the 3 hours for the meal. Breakfast was also disappointing.

The experiences were worth the price! The boutique and first haircut were worth it! My kids enjoyed getting dressed up and it was so cool Mary poppins showed up!

Pin trading was a lot of fun. We all enjoy getting pins and this time around I traded and got to see all the different pins from past to present. We’d do it again but I’d limit how many pins we’d actually buy.

We’d plan our park days differently. Rope drop to close or pre park open to close 4 days on a row was to much. We ended up not using one of our park tickets because we were all burnt out. By the 3rd day I found myself spending more time being tired than making memories.

Still we had a great time! We left Florida on a gorgeous day, warm and sunny and came back to Ohio on a gloomy/ cold snowy day.

Tomorrow, tomorrow - I love ya, tomorrow! :teeth:

Got most everything packed yesterday. Will throw the last few things in when I get home from work today. Leaving work at 3pm tomorrow to head to the airport! My dad is taking a red eye flight tonight so he'll get all day tomorrow as a mini solo trip. He doesn't know what he will do yet but is just looking forward to being there!

I am probably most concerned about flying and then being in WDW during the peak of flu season. I have antiviral masks to bring along for the flights. I also have wet wipes and will bring those to the park with me each day also. Will try not to touch handrails and also not to touch my face with my hands. Oh, and I'm bringing Emergen-C to take each day also! Paranoid? Yeah... but better safe than sorry. I've gotten sick on a couple of WDW trips and it was miserable.

We are having to change our plans til next Jan. My son was to have heart valve replacement this week it was unsuccessful and now we are looking at open heart surgery. He is devastated that he has to have open heart surgery again and does not want to go to Disney until he has more energy. We are going to switch to Jan 2020, I figure will give me more time to save for a longer trip plus Star Wars should be open then.

I know people say the weather will be what it will be but getting kind of sad about the wether from Jan 25- Jan 30 :( I at least would like to have the girlfriend and her kids first time to be sunny in FL.

Hoping it changes before we head down

2rmmovp.png

We are having to change our plans til next Jan. My son was to have heart valve replacement this week it was unsuccessful and now we are looking at open heart surgery. He is devastated that he has to have open heart surgery again and does not want to go to Disney until he has more energy. We are going to switch to Jan 2020, I figure will give me more time to save for a longer trip plus Star Wars should be open then.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that your son will need open heart surgery. I hope it goes well and that the trip to WDW next year will be amazing for all of you! :hug:

I know people say the weather will be what it will be but getting kind of sad about the wether from Jan 25- Jan 30 :( I at least would like to have the girlfriend and her kids first time to be sunny in FL.

2rmmovp.png

It's still too far out now to know what the weather will be in late January there. Don't lose hope!

I’m sorry your son’s surgery didn’t go well. I’m sad you have to wait but I hope his next surgery is successful. The trip you plan for next year will be wonderful and it gives you time to save and gives you all some time to focus.

Tomorrow, tomorrow - I love ya, tomorrow! :teeth:

Got most everything packed yesterday. Will throw the last few things in when I get home from work today. Leaving work at 3pm tomorrow to head to the airport! My dad is taking a red eye flight tonight so he'll get all day tomorrow as a mini solo trip. He doesn't know what he will do yet but is just looking forward to being there!

I am probably most concerned about flying and then being in WDW during the peak of flu season. I have antiviral masks to bring along for the flights. I also have wet wipes and will bring those to the park with me each day also. Will try not to touch handrails and also not to touch my face with my hands. Oh, and I'm bringing Emergen-C to take each day also! Paranoid? Yeah... but better safe than sorry. I've gotten sick on a couple of WDW trips and it was miserable.

I don’t blame you for being worried. I wore a mask during the flights and wiped down all our plane seats and areas surrounding them with hydrogen peroxide wipes then used wet ones to “wash” our hands after using the hydrogen peroxide wipes. I tried to make sure that everyone washed their hands before eating but sometimes my kids dug in before I could tell them to. When eating at buffets I took items from the back, grabbed plates that weren’t the top plate and focused more on the things that were fresh made or cut fresh by someone (prime rib and omelettes). Stay hydrated as well and try to get good sleep (that was hard for me with my anxiety). I hope you have a great trip and stay healthy!! Oh I also drank emergen-c before flights and intermittently before our trip. I felt lucky to be on flights which weren’t super full. Our first one allowed us to have 2 rows to ourselves.

Same!!! I’ve had to rearrange 2 winter trips in years past because of snow....I do not want to go through that again!! Ughhhh fingers crossed!
Ugh, that stinks! We luckily missed a hurricane in Aug. 2015 and a possible one this past Sept., and a snow storm in Feb. 2014. It's the chance you take when you live in a snowy area and plan to travel in January............but I want to go away lol! Right now for us it's "rain/snow possible" for both Sat. and Sun. and we leave Sunday; have to wait another few days to see a more detailed report. Hope it works out for both of us!

2rmmovp.png
Yas! No sunblock! :banana:

The forecast has upped the chance of rain for next Sunday to 70%. It's one of our resort days, so no pool time I guess but at least it's not one of our park days. What to do on a rainy day in WDW. Hmm. The only thing we have planned is lunch at Homecomin' in Disney Springs. Still time for the forecast to change also.

2rmmovp.png

These are rather normal temps for Jan. And exactly the reason we choose to go in Jan. Still a ways out, so you never know.

Haven’t been on here much since we left last Tuesday. It’s been a blast. Not too crowded. Weather has been perfect for us. Today is our last park day as we leave tomorrow and I’m stuck in the room with my sick kiddo. I feel so bad for him. Today was our HS day and he was excited to ride Slinky. Trying to see the good in it but feeling blah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter