*** January 2019 Thread ***

Weather has gone up for the most part across the days I'm there! Would love Friday to come. I'm back in the office tomorrow and Thursday first after a week+ off which I just cannot wrap my brain around ha.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 9.47.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 9.47.42 AM.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
We have never had groceries delivered on a trip before we are thinking this time to do a few snacks and extra water.. any suggestions on where to look to order for the best deals?

Also Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! It's official- we're all going to Disney this month! Safe travels to you and hope your trips are magical! Be sure to share your experiences here to give the rest of us something to read until we go!

We are only a few days away and still can't decide if Memory Maker is worth the purchase. We haven't been to the parks since we were kids and don't want to be hit with sensory overload.

Is it worth the purchase? Is it common to wait in a long line to get your photo taken?
We have APs and it's included with the Platinum Pass. However if we didn't have it I would purchase it separately. It's so nice to have someone else take the pics and I don't worry about dragging out my phone. Although the CMs who do the photos will take a pic of you using your phone at no cost. So it's up to you. I love the magic shots!

We are only a few days away and still can't decide if Memory Maker is worth the purchase. We haven't been to the parks since we were kids and don't want to be hit with sensory overload.

Is it worth the purchase? Is it common to wait in a long line to get your photo taken?
We do it every time. The pictures are great and it is nice not having to use your own csmerc all the time.

Getting closer. Two weeks from today will be my last day at work, and I'll be off for 13. 18 days until Disney.

After reading about some people looking at the long range weather, I've been doing it for a few days. I know it's pretty pointless this far out, but I do like looking. The temps have been moving, but have been in the 60's, with lows in the 40s. I hate seeing the lows in the low 40s (and at one point there was a couple days in the upper 30s). We went through that the last time we went in January. it was too cold in the am with no sweatshirt/jacket, but then too warm during the day to keep them. So I just froze in the morning so I didn't have to carry my hoodie.

I’ve been so focused on Orlando’s weather that I haven’t been checking on Boston’s for our flight out. Of course there is snow in the forecast. Fingers crossed it changes in the next week. Our flight is at 8am so I just hope the plane can leave

Also leaving from Boston on Friday the weather looks ok up here but hopefully it ok in other areas as well no big storms.

A few weeks ago a big storm hit the Carolinas but we didn’t see 1 flake bit still caused major flight delays here in MA

I’m super nervous excited. We have two days left. Tomorrow I check us into our flight (two of us have early bird check in and two of us don’t- my son is 12 so I opted for my husband and him to have early bird and my daughter and I will board with family boarding). I also finished handsewing crystals on my 4 yr olds dress. I can see more but I don’t know if I want to. Everytime I start sewing them she runs into the room saying “more crystals mommy! More!” She’s looking foreword to getting her hair and makeup done and later in the week getting her very first haircut! We also have a SUPER SPECIAL surprise for my kiddos. They don’t know it yet but on Monday grandma and grandpa are coming and we all get to spend time in the parks together!

2 days here too! back in the office after it was closed for 2 weeks, but I worked holiday coverage (I work in social media) so I haven't truly had a day off. Can't wait for vacation!

2 more days until my solo trip! I'm getting anxious about leaving my kids but it will only be for 2 full days. I'll see them before I head to the airport and they will be with my mom when she picks me up from the airport. I've never left them overnight before but I am in desperate need of a mommy break, especially after the holidays!

Ah! These countdowns are amazing! I'm so sad I haven't been participating in this thread much recently - strep at the end of November/beginning of December and then the flu last week has pretty much left me completely out of the loop online.

My birthday's tomorrow and it's also the 14 day mark for me so I'm using it as an excuse to start packing tomorrow lol.

Oh also, weird question: does anyone know where I can find operating hours for guest services in Disney Springs? We both need to pick up our APs because we rolled our passes over on the app and if we can do it the night we come in when we're grabbing dinner instead of having to get to Hollywood Studios early the next morning it'd just save us some time. I just can't find any information on operating hours! TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter