January 2020 Discounts

So I'm done! I modified my existing Value reservation for the Kids' meal. I'm staying 9 nights, and by changing the reservation, out the door, it'll cost me about $1000 extra to add dining for 2 Adults and 2 kids (free). I'm happy enough - not bad pricing to get food/ beverages for 4 people over 9 night stay.
I'll still be checking for Visa discounts and its over $1200 more than what i paid for my Jan 2019 trip (ouch) - same conditions.
Hope everyone gets what they're looking for :wave2:

It says for the deal any package with over 6 days of tickets gets 30$ for each person in the room.

Does anyone know if this is applicable to canadian discounted tickets before i sit on hold?

Comparing my new and old confirmation emails, I got 0% discount on the Friday and Saturday nights and 15% for Monday through Thursday (booking end of January). I didn’t see a night exclusion in the offer - is this typical for Disney offers, to exclude Fri/Sat, and do others see the same?

My friday and sat night stays were also at rack rate, 180/nt for pop. However my weeknights went down to 116/nt which is better than a kick in the pants.

Very annoyed they have a water view room for standard price or package price but not the new deal. I dont understand.

which is better than a kick in the pants
😂 I suppose you're right - and I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

When I look at the packages (if not modifying, but looking at new packages), it allows me to add on Canadian discount tickets and says "Gift Card Included". However, since I've already paid my room-only deposit I'm going to call and wait on hold to add the tickets, in hopes that they can just move my room-only deposit to cover the package deposit.

So, after several hours of deliberating and not getting the website to work properly, I decided to call and look into making a change. It said there was a 60+ min wait, but I think I waited around 40. The connection was awful, but the CM was nice and got me switched over. So, I ditched my CBR preferred room booking (which had no available discounts for my dates) and went with a standard view room at AKL. No savings...in fact, I'm paying a bit more...but for a whopping $12.97, I can swing it. Hoping Visa discounts hit at some point, since I'm sure that discount will be deeper...but if not, I'm happy. There were pros and cons to both resorts, but I think AKL still wins for my purposes.

How do i do that?
If you are staying at a value or Moderate resort, you go to the front desk when you check in and tell them you want to opt out of housekeeping services. They will issue an e-gift card for $10 per night minus one night of your stay. The offer isn't available at deluxe resorts.

We have a reservation renting DVC points at Old Key West from 1/30-2/2 for my bachelor trip (5 of us). All of our flights land late on 1/29 so I booked a cheap hotel off property for all of us the night before. I was waiting to buy park tickets with a 1 night reservation if I could find something discounted on property for 1/29. I snagged two rooms at All Star Movies for the night for about $10 more a person total this morning. And now we won’t have to worry about transferring our luggage or paying for airport transportation once we land at MCO. Definitely worked out in our favor!

Does anyone know if this is applicable to canadian discounted tickets before i sit on hold?

I was pricing things out on the website and the gift card is mentioned in the description for the Cdn tickets, so I think so.

OK, so just booked Pop for January with the new discount. All done. Then I went and cancelled my original ressie...and need to wait for the refund.

HOWEVER...for ha-ha's I went to look at other resorts and now a Swing into 2020 AP rates notch is appear on the top, but rooms seem to be "unavailable" for all dates.......and then I refreshed and then the "new AP rates" are the same as the "old non discounted rates". I guess we need to wait for the glitch to fix itself?

Does anyone see AP discounts for Jan 16th through 21st at any resorts? My search says this resort is not eligible and that is for every single resort.

So I can save $1000 by switching from Standard View Atrium CL at Contemporary to Outer Building CL access at GF. Never stayed at GF- how is it.

Does anyone see AP discounts for Jan 16th through 21st at any resorts? My search says this resort is not eligible and that is for every single resort.
I could see the AP discounts like an hour ago, but it's doing the same thing to me now. I'm sure it's a glitch, hopefully it'll be resolved soon.

😂 I suppose you're right - and I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

When I look at the packages (if not modifying, but looking at new packages), it allows me to add on Canadian discount tickets and says "Gift Card Included". However, since I've already paid my room-only deposit I'm going to call and wait on hold to add the tickets, in hopes that they can just move my room-only deposit to cover the package deposit.

Interested to know how this pans out for you. We have already purchased our tickets so prob wont work for us but would be nice!

So I can save $1000 by switching from Standard View Atrium CL at Contemporary to Outer Building CL access at GF. Never stayed at GF- how is it.

Just stayed there in May. Lovely! Food offerings were great, got addicted to the banana bread at the afternoon “tea” service. Only issue is that at certain times of the day, in some of the rooms facing the atrium, you can hear the noise from people enjoying the club. Easy access to the lounge from all the rooms. Not sure how that compares to CR - but $1K is a lot of money!

Edited to add that all the views from GF Sugarloaf are great, they are either monorail/marina or garden/pool. It’s a very convenient location too, just next to the main building.

Interested to know how this pans out for you. We have already purchased our tickets so prob wont work for us but would be nice!

The agent on the phone said we could get the CAD tickets (with gift card) with the room discount, turning it into a package. But they have to refund the original room only deposit and reapply the new package deposit (just a bit of a ding on foreign conversion fees, but not much).

You should call and ask if you can have the new offer applied to your current tickets - doesn't hurt to ask!

So, after several hours of deliberating and not getting the website to work properly, I decided to call and look into making a change. It said there was a 60+ min wait, but I think I waited around 40. The connection was awful, but the CM was nice and got me switched over. So, I ditched my CBR preferred room booking (which had no available discounts for my dates) and went with a standard view room at AKL. No savings...in fact, I'm paying a bit more...but for a whopping $12.97, I can swing it. Hoping Visa discounts hit at some point, since I'm sure that discount will be deeper...but if not, I'm happy. There were pros and cons to both resorts, but I think AKL still wins for my purposes.
If the difference was only $12 between a moderate and deluxe you betcha I'd pay that $12!

We are booked at a 2 BR Villa at Boulder Ridge. We are being told that we are not in the discount. VERY dissappointed, as that's not mentioned as an exclusion in the fine print. Oh well. We would be staying there, regardless, but would've been nice to have a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter