January 26th, 2018 5-Night Bahamian on Magic

Another quick question about the FE - how far ahead do we have a list of participants/ages? I must admit to already prepping....have a few gifts ready (again, overplanner!)......

Another quick question about the FE - how far ahead do we have a list of participants/ages? I must admit to already prepping....have a few gifts ready (again, overplanner!)......
I am already planning and have gifts bought too --might even have too many gifts bought already!

Excellent! I am so glad to hear I am not the only one!! :) Do you know when we will get a list of boy/girl and ages? I am most worried about the teens, not sure what to get! (And I have one.....yikes!)

Excellent! I am so glad to hear I am not the only one!! :) Do you know when we will get a list of boy/girl and ages? I am most worried about the teens, not sure what to get! (And I have one.....yikes!)

I'm not sure when list comes out.. sorry wish I had answers but I'm new to extender as wel!
Im just having fun shopping for now!

Just a quick reminder to everyone to ask questions, post, etc so that you can get DM status to chat with DisneygirlSara soon.....she will be working on our Fish Extender list and will need to communicate with everyone. Meanwhile......I am shopping away - can't wait to give the FE a try!!!

Hi,

My husband and three kids (age 6, 4, and 2 1/2 yo) are already booked on the cruise. I'm interested in the FE too please.

Thank you
Hi Teepeechu, welcome to the group! Just 26 weeks from right now we will all be enjoying out first night heading towards Key West! For us nuts who were booking our trips opening day we are well over halfway there! In fact, only 2 months until the check-in process starts.

DisneyGirlSara is keeping an eye on the thread and adding people to her FE list, which will be official sometime in the next few months. You will need 10 posts to Private Message her about it so be sure to join some conversations on the site to get your post count up. It doesn't just have to be in the DCL forum, posts on the entire site adds to your post count.

So glad to have you on the thread and the trip!

I am currently home from work after having surgery so my Fish Extender is made! I bought the bags at the dollar store- had a friend sew them together, used some lettering for names that was left over from another project and glued stickers on with the help of my grandson. Total cost for 3 pocket fish extender--$13.
Called the other day to make a payment and they said our cruise is down to limited availability---so where is everyone for fish extender. Have a great Thursday.

I am currently home from work after having surgery so my Fish Extender is made! I bought the bags at the dollar store- had a friend sew them together, used some lettering for names that was left over from another project and glued stickers on with the help of my grandson. Total cost for 3 pocket fish extender--$13.
Called the other day to make a payment and they said our cruise is down to limited availability---so where is everyone for fish extender. Have a great Thursday.

Awesome!!! I have been shopping but haven't made the FE yet! Oh this is exciting - it is all coming together - awesome work mimi2ty!!! Can't wait! We are in for the FE for sure! Can others confirm if still interested? I had DM DisneyGirlSara awhile ago and I know she mentioned she will be contacting everyone shortly so we can get info and start getting our gifts together. (We are a family of 4 - myself, DH, 2 girls 14 & 11)

Hi! My husband and daughter, who will be 4 at the time of the cruise, just booked this sailing! I would be interested in joining the FE group. Could I please be added?
Thanks!

Welcome Kari79!! DisneyGirlSara is taking care of our FE group, I think she will be in touch in the next few weeks to gather details. That said, I am new to this a bit but I think you have to have min # of messages to be able to direct message with her (when she is gathering info I think it will be all in conversations vs on the public boards). Just keep asking questions, commenting, etc and the messages add up quickly (10 is the min maybe?). Can't wait for the cruise (our first time!) and to exchange FE gifts!!!!!!

Ship's Manifest, FE, Activities
January 26, 2018 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami

Manifest:
NS8VN
Amanda129
MDSportsMomof2
Sarahiowa
Elevinisnow
MagicalMother
DisneyGirlSara
Amym2696
mimi2ty
crowl
Teepeechu
Kari79

Fish Extender:
@DisneyGirlSara is in charge of the DisBoard FE for this cruise. Let her know if you would like to join the FE group.

Activities:
None at this time (let us know if you would like to organize something!)
Thanks for the response! Since im new to this, I'll ask a silly question. Do I need 10 posts to participate in FE?

Nope :) We would love to have you!! The 10 posts just "turn on" the direct messaging part of the board. After 10 posts another member can send you a private chat or message - for the FE I think they prefer to message everyone privately to gather the names, ages,etc just so that it isn't shared on the open/public boards. My understanding (again, my first time) is that our coordinator will message us, get our details and then send the info out to all of us through a private group message so we can get our FE gifts ready. (I will admit to already shopping.....add it to my Disney-addiction symptoms) Not sure how the coordinator contacts us if they can't DM us? Anyone know what we do then?

Thanks for the response! Since im new to this, I'll ask a silly question. Do I need 10 posts to participate in FE?
Welcome Kari, glad to have you in the group! Is this your first cruise, Disney or otherwise? It really is coming up faster than we realize, some of us are over halfway there (since I booked opening day, lol)!

As crowls said, you need 10 posts to be able to send a direct message. Since you might not necessarily want your room number posted, as well as some other more person info the coordinator might want, being able to send a direct message is important. But getting 10 posts is pretty easy, you can ask questions or post anywhere on the site to add to your post count. You can ask questions about DCL, talk about Disney World or Disneyland in the appropriate forums, and there are over a dozen "Just for Fun" forums where you can talk about whatever. So look around, it really is a great site and so much more than just Disney Cruise Lines.

I just purchased the remaining Disney gift cards from BJ's to pay off our cruise. Since using them, the cash back bonus from my credit cards, Disney credit card $200 promotion and I purchased someone's $650 Disney rewards card for $500 so my grandson ends up not costing me anything! I also got 5 plane tickets for $55 total using the Southwest credit card promotional points. My Disney credit card will have Disney dollars in the amount that I need for all of our gratuities to be paid as well---so I think I am ready!
Yes, I booked this cruise when it first came out so I had time to plan how I could save everywhere! I have 2 rooms booked but only one room with my 27 yo daughter, 24 yo son and 5yo grandson will be participating in Fish Extender--I am just having fun shopping for everyone! Happy Thursday.

Welcome Kari, glad to have you in the group! Is this your first cruise, Disney or otherwise? It really is coming up faster than we realize, some of us are over halfway there (since I booked opening day, lol)!

As crowls said, you need 10 posts to be able to send a direct message. Since you might not necessarily want your room number posted, as well as some other more person info the coordinator might want, being able to send a direct message is important. But getting 10 posts is pretty easy, you can ask questions or post anywhere on the site to add to your post count. You can ask questions about DCL, talk about Disney World or Disneyland in the appropriate forums, and there are over a dozen "Just for Fun" forums where you can talk about whatever. So look around, it really is a great site and so much more than just Disney Cruise Lines.

Ah, it all makes sense! Thank you for clarifying! We went on a 4 night cruise in February on the Disney Wonder and LOVED it! We actually had another vacation booked next year but decided we were not nearly as excited about it as the prospect of going on another Disney cruise with our daughter!!

Nope :) We would love to have you!! The 10 posts just "turn on" the direct messaging part of the board. After 10 posts another member can send you a private chat or message - for the FE I think they prefer to message everyone privately to gather the names, ages,etc just so that it isn't shared on the open/public boards. My understanding (again, my first time) is that our coordinator will message us, get our details and then send the info out to all of us through a private group message so we can get our FE gifts ready. (I will admit to already shopping.....add it to my Disney-addiction symptoms) Not sure how the coordinator contacts us if they can't DM us? Anyone know what we do then?

Thank you for the explanation! Looking forward to shopping for the FE and really just getting on the ship!

Happy Thursday Mimi2ty, or since we are flying in a day early we call it countdown day. We have a dry erase board in our kitchen where we track upcoming vacations. We just marked our DCL down to 23 weeks today!

Speaking of flights, how is everyone getting to Miami? Anybody driving? We are flying in to FLL because it was much cheaper to fly in to there, but staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace so we will have shopping and dinner options. There is also a CVS a block away to pick up some supplies, namely two 750 ml bottles of wine per adult :teeth: We even sprung for a port view room so we can wake up Friday morning, open the curtains, and see the Magic there waiting for us. Flights home though were the same price from FLL or MIA, so we are flying back out of Miami. Haven't decided whether to use DCL transfers or a shuttle for that yet. Will probably start booking transportation in a month or so.

Happy Thursday Mimi2ty, or since we are flying in a day early we call it countdown day. We have a dry erase board in our kitchen where we track upcoming vacations. We just marked our DCL down to 23 weeks today!

Speaking of flights, how is everyone getting to Miami? Anybody driving? We are flying in to FLL because it was much cheaper to fly in to there, but staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is right across the street from Bayside Marketplace so we will have shopping and dinner options. There is also a CVS a block away to pick up some supplies, namely two 750 ml bottles of wine per adult :teeth: We even sprung for a port view room so we can wake up Friday morning, open the curtains, and see the Magic there waiting for us. Flights home though were the same price from FLL or MIA, so we are flying back out of Miami. Haven't decided whether to use DCL transfers or a shuttle for that yet. Will probably start booking transportation in a month or so.

We are flying in day before as well and flying into FLL-I am surprising everyone with a limo to Miami Beach to spend night there. Taking uber to the port and probably uber back to FLL after we get off ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter