• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

FYI - if you add or subtract a day or two here or there, you may be able to find a discount and/or more days for less or relatively equal costs.For what it's worth, the days we originally had booked earlier this year with no discount were not available for any type of discount on a room comparison (i.e. garden view), but by changing our starting dates , I was able to get the same room type at the same hotel and save a few hundred dollars over the original trip plan. Room only comparison.

so , my daughter is having a hard time getting any discount while she is there, now I can book a visa discount for all star sports from 2/22-3/1, but not for 2/22-2/26 does anyone know if I go ahead and book the longer stay, would I then be able to go in and change it by dropping the last few days and keep the discount on the first couple of days. And is there any reason why I can't book the reservation with my visa for my daughter?

We are doing land and sea in March and the sea part is first then a 3 night stay at poly. My TA said that he couldn't get anything but things are likely to open later. Poly is only available for the 10% if you get it. Nothing was available earlier. I also have a visa....nothing there either. I booked a while back and do not want to change from the Poly so Im just gonna hope for the best that something will open up. My TA says that it is to the point of ridiculous the small amount of rooms being released on first day of offer. He and other TAs were having a lot of trouble today and all very frustrated with all discounts and the system. Hopefully the next few weeks will be better. This year seems incredibly different from other years and historical discounts....maybe something else will be offered.

FYI: Disney Visa discount 35% off standard view at YC has availability right now for 1/24, checking out 1/30. 6 NIGHTS AT YC COMES TO $1899.06 including tax. Sounds like a deal to me. Dates don't work for us. Instead we are taking a split stay of 3 days at BC standard at 25% off and 3 days at YC standard at 35%,
Saved $800. Original reservation done a few weeks ago was BC standard rack rate.

We are doing land and sea in March and the sea part is first then a 3 night stay at poly. My TA said that he couldn't get anything but things are likely to open later. Poly is only available for the 10% if you get it. Nothing was available earlier. I also have a visa....nothing there either. I booked a while back and do not want to change from the Poly so Im just gonna hope for the best that something will open up. My TA says that it is to the point of ridiculous the small amount of rooms being released on first day of offer. He and other TAs were having a lot of trouble today and all very frustrated with all discounts and the system. Hopefully the next few weeks will be better. This year seems incredibly different from other years and historical discounts....maybe something else will be offered.
I'm doing pre and post cruise stays and could only get a discount on one of my six days. Really was not worth the effort ..I'll keep trying.. I want room only, don't need tickets.
I'm cruising during Presidents day weekend....which is probably why I couldn't get any discount for 2/16 or 2/17..

Looks like we're sticking with CSR. Finally called to add the visa discount and it took off another $100 on top of gift of magic! T-152 days! :bounce:

When I called to have the discount added to my reservation, the CM said a flex offer popped up. Has anyone heard of these offers? Since I didn't know what the discounts would actually amount to, I took it because it seemed like a good offer, but I wasn't sure if that was even a thing!

so , my daughter is having a hard time getting any discount while she is there, now I can book a visa discount for all star sports from 2/22-3/1, but not for 2/22-2/26 does anyone know if I go ahead and book the longer stay, would I then be able to go in and change it by dropping the last few days and keep the discount on the first couple of days. And is there any reason why I can't book the reservation with my visa for my daughter?

I don't know how the Disney Visa works but have experience with Canadian discounts. Upon arrival we need to present proof of citizenship (Passport, DL, etc) to get the deal to stick.

Could it be that your daughter will need you with your Visa upon checking in order to get the deal? Just something to look into as I've found lately Disney is closing a lot of their loopholes.

Welp, no deal for me this year. I've got the dates I want and resort I want (Pop) and discount is not available for my dates. I'd be willing to change my room category, but they're all no availability. Well, Rack rate at POP is still less than anything available for my dates, and the only places I'd change to are POFQ (not available) or an Epcot resort (way too much).

The lesson I learned for sure, though, is to jump on the room I want as soon as the rack rates come out. At this point, I'm just thankful I've got a room where I want to be.

You can book for you daughter with your visa. It will take away the discount if you drop those last few days though. I am assuming she doesn't get a discount because her dates fall over the weekend and are therefore not eligible for the discount. I had the same problem when booking part of my trip.

I don't know how the Disney Visa works but have experience with Canadian discounts. Upon arrival we need to present proof of citizenship (Passport, DL, etc) to get the deal to stick.

Could it be that your daughter will need you with your Visa upon checking in order to get the deal? Just something to look into as I've found lately Disney is closing a lot of their loopholes.
I asked a CM about this and she said it is no problem.

Okay, I was under the impression that the Visa discount was stackable, but it turns out its not?

But we have our package booked for CSR for 10 nights. Total cost for the PSD was $4034.02.

Did anyone get a deal on a Poly garden view club level room? :magnify:
As far as I could see, for our dates (Jan 29th to Feb 3rd) the only deals at any monorail resorts were on club level rooms.

I myself was very lucky, I had 2 garden views for those dates at yacht club already booked. Managed to get them both switched to the discounted room only rate, saved me over 1000. The only deluxe for our dates that had a decent offer.

Something curious though, our first half of our stay is at Caribbean beach resort. I booked standard room back when we could get the gift cards. 2 rooms Jan 19 to 26th. This morning online it was showing standard room available at room only discounts. But when I phoned in (and I have to as I booked online and need make changes on phone to keep the gift cards) she could only find pool view. I changed to pool view and saved us 110 dollars for the 2 rooms, but would like to switch to standard view to save another 300 dollars roughly. I mean it's already a sweet deal, after the gift cards I'm looking at 90 a night, but the more I can save the better!

The lesson I learned for sure, though, is to jump on the room I want as soon as the rack rates come out. At this point, I'm just thankful I've got a room where I want to be.
Thanks for sharing this. This is the OPPOSITE of the generally accepted advice previously BUT I think it should be the new advice!! No longer should you wait for the discounts, if you know you're going find a room that works for you and BOOK IT sooner rather than later! The availability on these discounts is getting more horrendous with each release! Standard Room, Rack Rate @ Pop probably beats a lot of these "so-called discounts" on preferred view rooms and the like.

I have a reservation at Pop Century for a preferred room I booked in June for January 22 to January 27. There are no discounts available for a preferred room at Pop, just standard rooms. So I am staying with the rack rate.

lay stay and dine out
Tried to get POP at about 8:40am 20 min earlier than the hour wait they told me the system was down waited on phone about 40 min and Pop was gone, I couldn't get anything in our price range, and my wife was on another phone at the same time and got All Star Music 1/15/18 1/26/18

First, thanks for those who advised to call for a new reservation instead of modifying an existing reservation! I read that while on hold for 48 minutes, hung up, called for a new reservation, and was talking with a CM in 4 minutes!

I'm doing a split stay - Jan. 27-31 (was at WL standard view for $330/night), then Jan. 31-Feb. 2 (Pop standard for $117/night).

I'm a Disney Visa cardholder. This CM was great, she checked several deluxe resorts for us. GF outer building garden view was available for $373/nt, but my friend wanted to pay less than $300/night, so we booked AKL pool view for $240/night. I'm very happy with that. I've stayed at AKL once before and loved it. I've never stayed at WL and was looking forward to it, but I'll save $90/night.

The GF $373/night wasn't available Jan. 31-Feb. 2, the only availability was main building club level at a discounted $610/night. Yikes. Overall, only higher-priced rooms were available these dates, so we are staying with Pop for now. However, my friend did snag Beach Club for just Feb.1st for $300/night earlier today when the discounts first came out, so we may go there one night.

I asked this CM about AP discounts, since I have an AP - she said they are definitely coming out soon for these same dates. She said to keep checking back on availability, as there's a lot of turnover right now, and she said more inventory will be released with the AP discounts. She said to keep checking as our dates get closer. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter