January WISH, Journey into January with hope and joy!

Yes, I slept well except for the weird smell which will hopefully dissipate. I purposely bought a natural latex mattress so that I wouldn’t be breathing in toxins. However there’s an unpleasant odor related to the organic wool and cotton on it…dare I say “barnyard” smell? It was very comfortable. No backache this morning!

I started NOOM from the beginning today. I walked and ate very well. I was very hungry after eating junk for a few weeks. I would be thrilled to lose 30 pounds by June.

It was great to see the kids and my colleagues. I missed everyone. I usually don’t feel that way. Now that my disturbed student is gone, it turns out that I have a very nice class.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

My 2023 goals:
Physical - continue (and maybe up a little) my walking routine
Intellectual - balance my reading to include more fiction
Environmental - get back to decluttering
Social - regularly have people over to play games

Woohoo... came in to the office today, one of the last times I'll be in for a "regular" work day. Had a long wait for the bus because I didn't check the schedule which has evidently changed. It gave me time to contemplate catching the bus there for 10+ years... plus the sun came up while I was waiting and it is a beautiful clear crisp day.

Woohoo... today is the day! My Niece does the walk thru at 10am. I got quite a bit done downstairs last night, there are two car loads of stuff staged for GW drop-off on Friday. Tonight I'm going to work on the office and Thursday it will be the kitchen. Also tomorrow the movers are coming to give me an estimate, if it isn't too horrible I'd prefer to do that than have have family help.

Wednesday!!

A couple whoooohoooos for me:

Woke up to a email from a contractor saying he could come for a 9am estimate for our windows. He came on time, had a estimate to us in a hour and the price was great so we went ahead and got on his schedule. We have 4 weeks to deal with this shattered window while we wait for the windows to be delivered….praying the weather stays mild and we don’t get any wind. Only one pane is shattered but the 2nd pane is weakened from the impact so we have a piece of metal supporting it but heavy wind will blow it right out 😬

Whoooohoooo weight watchers and exercise program are both going well! Today is a rest day in the program, so I walked 30 mins at lunch and hope to squeeze some yoga in tonight!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Woowhoo DS7's cough is Officially just a cough. I knew this but getting confirmation from the Dr is good

Woowhoo my online PT coach was able to give me some low impact excersises to try to build my core back up. Really hoping this will help my back. Only one of the stretches hurt my back so that was a win. It kind of makes me laugh that when I was younger I was heavier but in much better shape.

Woowhoo getting back into reading. I read a couple good books early in the summer...then I tried an author that seemed good on Amazon but was not. So I said "screw the intellectual" and went back to the escapist literature that I actually enjoy!

I’m thankful that after only two days back on NOOM, I am down 3.3 pounds as of 6:00am. (I realize it’s just water weight, but it’s very motivating in the beginning to see the scale get closer to normal).

I’m thankful that I didn’t gain as much as I did last Christmas. That number on the scale was outrageous. I was pretty sad last year, canceling our family vacation plans due to all of us having Covid. I ate my feelings. This year I indulged, but it came from a place of celebration instead of depression.

I am thankful that we are currently enjoying spring-like weather even if it is temporary.

I am thankful to be feeling better after being really tired and just not feeling "right" yesterday afternoon. (I even did a home Covid test, but it was negative.)

I am thankful that the cats seem none the worse for wear after having their vet check-ups yesterday morning.

I am thankful that DH had leftovers from lodge for dinner last night, so nobody had to cook.

I am thankful to whomever is pulling the strings in my life right now. I find it hard to believe it is only Jan 5 as things are progressing so quickly and so smoothly... knock on wood. In my mind it all flips back and forth between feeling real and feeling surreal, January and probably February are going to be emotional roller coasters.

I'm thankful that I have the flexibility at work right now to put in for Fridays off thru January, starting with tomorrow. The plan for the weekend is a couple more trips to GW tomorrow, Saturday it'll be going down to the mall to return somethings and pick some things up at The Container Store. Then I'll get moving boxes at U-Haul. Yes, moving boxes!

Thankful for this continuing gorgeous weather we are having. Got 3-10 min walks in this morning and it was so gorgeous!

Thankful my dog is doing better-he got sick right before New Years and just started doing better yesterday on a chicken and rice only diet. He’s terrible to go to the vet so I was really trying to avoid having to go.

Everyone have a great Thursday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter