Japan Itinerary-May 2024

If anybody can give me an itinerary for 10 or 11 day trip I'd appreciate it. We plan on 3 days at TDL at the end when were not jet lagged. Flying in and out of Haneda. I have 150k Hyatt points 60k Hilton points, and I will have 300k Marriott points when I finish off the spend for this bonus. I think I might book a Disney resort for the TDL portion, but I'm hoping that's my only hotel costs.

We’ve been working pretty hard on our itinerary. All we really have left to plan is Shibuya/Harajuku and Tokyo Disney days. We ordered our pocket WiFi to be sent to our hotel. Almost able to buy Tokyo Disney tickets. The plan is to do 2 days at each park. We will probably just alternate between the two. I’m thinking Tokyo Disneyland will have more for ds to do but I also think he’s going to really like the Little Mermaid area at Disneysea

Last edited:
We’ve been working pretty hard on our itinerary. All we really have left to plan is Shibuya/Harajuku and Tokyo Disney days. We ordered our pocket WiFi to be sent to our hotel. Almost able to buy Tokyo Disney tickets. The plan is to do 2 days at each park. We will probably just alternate between the two. I’m thinking Tokyo Disneyland will have more for ds to do but I also think he’s going to really like the Little Mermaid area at Disneysea
How many days is your trip?

If you include travel/flying days it’s 21 days: 12 full days spent in Tokyo, 1 day to travel from Tokyo to TDR, and 4 days spent at the parks
12 days in Tokyo or 12 days traveling around Japan? That seems like al of time in Tokyo.

12 days in Tokyo or 12 days traveling around Japan? That seems like al of time in Tokyo.
Our itinerary is on the first post of this thread if you’re interested. We will be staying in Tokyo that whole time but taking day trips on some days. We have a 4 year old and plan to take things pretty slow.

Glad your plans are coming together. I've spent some time this week on trying to finalize some of the details of our trip. Our Tokyo days are the least planned at this point, but there aren't really any "have to" sites for us. I am definitely not a wing it traveler, so I am going to make at least a rough itinerary.

OP mentioned pocket wifi, we plan to use our international plan for our cell phones. Do we still need a pocket wifi? I have researched this and it appears the answer is no, but the info on this topic has been confusing to me.

Glad your plans are coming together. I've spent some time this week on trying to finalize some of the details of our trip. Our Tokyo days are the least planned at this point, but there aren't really any "have to" sites for us. I am definitely not a wing it traveler, so I am going to make at least a rough itinerary.

OP mentioned pocket wifi, we plan to use our international plan for our cell phones. Do we still need a pocket wifi? I have researched this and it appears the answer is no, but the info on this topic has been confusing to me.
You just need some sort of wifi or cellular data access.

Thanks. To clarify, we will have normal data access with our international plan, would be sufficient? (Sorry if I seem dense, but I just cannot seem to fully understand this data stuff.)
That should be fine, assuming your international plan is reasonably priced and doesn’t charge by the amount of data used. You just want to be able to receive phone calls, texts, emails and look at the internet like you would at home.

Thanks. To clarify, we will have normal data access with our international plan, would be sufficient? (Sorry if I seem dense, but I just cannot seem to fully understand this data stuff.)
We get about 5 gb of high speed international data and then it switches to a lower speed so we decided to get the pocket wifi.

Our itinerary is on the first post of this thread if you’re interested. We will be staying in Tokyo that whole time but taking day trips on some days. We have a 4 year old and plan to take things pretty slow.
If you don’t me asking are you staying in air bnb or a hotel. I’m thinking 3 nights at the Grand Hyatt and 3 nights at TDL and then Will move on to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. We only have two weeks. I wish we had longer

If you don’t me asking are you staying in air bnb or a hotel. I’m thinking 3 nights at the Grand Hyatt and 3 nights at TDL and then Will move on to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. We only have two weeks. I wish we had longer
We’re staying in a house. We like to have a kitchen and laundry when we stay somewhere.

We’re staying in a house. We like to have a kitchen and laundry when we stay somewhere.
Which site did you rent through? Sorry for all the questions. I don't know if that would work for me. I kind of need a gym. I can't run anymore due to meniscus tear. I kind of go nutso if I can't get on a elliptical and do weights everyday. I used to run every day and do marathons. I need my cardio workout or I don't feel right.

Laundry is a big deal for me. I've read that some hotels have laundry or their are laundry mats around.

Last edited:
Laundry is a big deal for me. I've read that some hotels have laundry or their are laundry mats around.
Some hotels have laundromats, referred to as "coin laundries". The hotel website should list whether they do or not.

I think coin laundries are also relatively common in most built-up areas (which is a lot of Japan). We've only ever used the hotel ones, but I would imagine the others are relatively easy to use.

I had the adventure of using a laundromat in Kyoto. It was a bit scary as there was more or less no English and I had to figure everything out with Google translate. I think I also googled Japanese washing machines and found some instructions. The laundromat was super clean and it worked out well.

The Sheraton st TDR has a laundromat. However, the reviews online seem to not be very happy about it.

I had the adventure of using a laundromat in Kyoto. It was a bit scary as there was more or less no English and I had to figure everything out with Google translate. I think I also googled Japanese washing machines and found some instructions. The laundromat was super clean and it worked out well.

The Sheraton st TDR has a laundromat. However, the reviews online seem to not be very happy about it.
We had this problem in Germany last year lol. We stayed places that had a washer/dryer combo in the room and it was so hard to figure out what each mode was for even with google translate. It also took all day for the clothes to dry. Luckily the place we’re staying at in Tokyo has English directions next to the washer and dryer.

Last edited:
We had this problem in Germany last year lol. We stayed places that had a washer/dryer combo in the room and it was so hard to figure out what each mode was for even with google translate. It also took all day for the close to dry. Luckily the place we’re staying at in Tokyo has English directions next to the washer and dryer.
Haha! I live in Germany! Driers are actually not that common here. That’s why small places don’t have space for them. And these washer/drier combos are horrible. If you go to a German hardware store they will tell you not to waste Your money on them as it takes ages for stuff to dry. Our driers are mainly working without an external exhaust for the steam, so it takes longer to beginn with anyway.

I still am not totally sure which American washing Maschine setting I should use. But so far I haven’t ruin anything and stuff appeared clean enough for using during the vacation until I return to my German washing machine. 😉

Which site did you rent through? Sorry for all the questions. I don't know if that would work for me. I kind of need a gym. I can't run anymore due to meniscus tear. I kind of go nutso if I can't get on a elliptical and do weights everyday. I used to run every day and do marathons. I need my cardio workout or I don't feel right.

The new Hyatt House Shibuya has in room laundry and a fitness center. Location looks to be excellent. Good use of points if you can find the availability. If you want to see what the fitness center looks like, there's a virtual tour in the second picture here.

We used those coin laundry machines 8 years ago. I wonder if they've changed them yet. Did a couple drying cycles, gave up, and spread the clothes around the room to air dry. Had to blow dry my jeans the next day lol. Beats hand washing though and kids had fun at the arcade there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter