• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi, Princesses and Disney Geeks...Oh My!! The Sweet Sixteen go to Disney!6-11 New

i really like the monorail shirts, did you wash the shirts first?

we are making ours tommorrow morning.

okay thanks we will wash them.

yep we have the iron ons we did the dark transfer ones...

The only thing you have to think about with the iron-on ones is that you can't dry them all the way in the dryer. You can turn them inside out and dry them partially (so they're not dripping on your carpet when you hang them to dry), but if you dry them all the way the iron-ons crack and fall apart. I've done this to WAAAYYY too many of my Mother's Day T-shirts, so just figured I'd warn you if you haven't made them before. :)

I've done the kids' (well, the kids that can talk well enough to tell me!), so I thought I'd get mine in as well. I don't have as many pictures, though, since we haven't actually several of them yet!

Jen's Top Ten List for Disney 2010
Keys to the Kingdom Tour - I cannot wait! :cool1: I've already talked about this one a bit, so I won't go on again. :rolleyes1

Splash Mountain.

I have been here 7 times, and I have never, ever ridden Splash Mountain! Granted, the first two trips were before it was built. And on my fourth trip, as adults before kids with my family…we didn’t actually ever set foot in the Magic Kingdom. I know, I know…I can’t believe it, either. :confused3 DHS and AK were both new to us (well, I’d been to DHS before, but no one else had), and my mom had uber-planned this trip and we ended up doing some type of dinner show or fancy dinner each night. The last three times we’ve gone, we’ve had the kids with us, and we’ve just never gotten to it. Now that everyone but Will is tall enough to ride, and we have an amazing adult-to-child ratio, this is a must-do! I can’t wait!

Illuminations – I’ve only seen this once before, though this is my fourth trip since it began in 2000. When we were there in 2007, it rained on our Epcot evening. We saw it sans-globe (it was being refurbished) in 2008. So, unless the weather is an enemy again, I plan on seeing it the original way this trip!

Disney with my mom:lovestruc I haven’t done Disney with my mom since 2000. She took us twice as kids, saving for a long time, and planning hard. I remember that she ordered a coffee table book on Epcot between our trips to get us excited about going. I suppose she’s who I learned to love trip planning from! On our trip in 2000, she kind of overplanned, though. As I said, we never made it to the Magic Kingdom! But she was the one that was ready to go with me. One morning, Bryan and Dad stayed behind to rest while she, my brother, and I went to AK and explored. That is still, to this day, the only time I’ve ever seen FOTLK! I have great memories of all of those trips. On our 2005 trip, she followed along daily because we gave her our PhotoPass access information. She talked and talked about going, especially to see it through my kids’ eyes, but Dad said he wasn’t going back. So when we convinced my aunt to come along with us, it was perfect. She had a roommate, and now will have someone to goof around with. They’re even going on the Segway tour together one morning! I think she’ll have a ball with the kids, but she really enjoys Disney, so she’s also looking forward to the trip itself. Seeing her grandkids in the place that she enjoyed taking us to so much will be wonderful to her, and I can’t wait to watch! This is a picture of her with the kids at Great Wolfe Lodge in December...she's always willing to do things with them!
100_4145.jpg

1900 Park Fare – This is the meal that will cap off our “Bippity Boppity Boutique” night. It should be a perfect chance for our princesses to show off. I am looking forward to the character interaction. I’ve been told it’s a lot of fun. I found some Anastasia and Drusilla t-shirt designs, and I think I’m going to make them for my mom and aunt. They’re the pair of sisters in this group, and I really think it will get them noticed! I hope the food is as good as I’ve heard. DH is excited about the strawberry soup on the menu. I don't have a picture of the restaurant, but this is the dress that Nora got the girls to wear to BBB that morning...and knowing Haley, that might be what she ends up in for dinner, as she tends to think the princess dresses she has are itchy...
100_4497.jpg

Soarin’ – this is my favorite ride. I just love all of the sensory elements of it! I know that the movie has some issues right now (can’t understand why Disney hasn’t fixed them yet!), but I hope that I can ignore it and just enjoy. On our 2005 trip, it was the only ride I really wanted to ride. We didn’t make it to Epcot for a full day until one of the last days we were there, and on that trip the crowds got worse the longer we were there. I went to get a fastpass that day only to find that the return time was for 8 p.m. that night. Well, we had plans to be somewhere else that night, and we never got back. But for our 2007 trip, the entire family rode together, and I really loved it. I rode it on my own in 2008 while DH took the kids to the play fountains. This year, someone will have to stay with Will since he doesn’t meet the height requirement, but I still think I’ll get a ride in.

Seeing my kids (all four of them :rotfl:) at Star Wars Weekends
image16.jpg

(yes, I know that this is only three of them...the other one wasn't around when this one was taken, and I've already posted most of the other ones!)
Not long after we’d returned from our 2008 trip, Jack discovered Star Wars. He ran up to DH one afternoon after playing Lego Star Wars together on the Wii and cried, “Daddy! I wanna be a Jedi!” I don’t know that my DH could have smiled any bigger than he did. Since then, it’s been Star Wars city at my house! Haley has also gotten into it, as evidenced by the pictures I’ve posted here. When we happened into a Star Wars Weekend day in 2007, they had no idea who the characters were. Now, I believe they’ve learned the names of every character, most of the ships, and have seen all the movies and every episode of the Clone Wars cartoon (many of them over and over again). One of the things I’m most looking forward to is the Star Wars Parade. My kids will be squealing and calling out all the names of all the characters, my oldest “child”, Bryan, will be beaming, and I’ll be able to get it all on tape.

Toy Story Mania
100_1076.jpg

I think this might have made it onto all of our lists. For me, it’s a little different. I just want to ride without an infant in my lap! I held Will, who turned five months old right after we got home, both times that we rode in 2008. I had to stop shooting and brace him whenever it got close to the time that we’d spin around to the next frame, and it just wasn’t that easy to shoot while holding him! Maybe my score will be better this time now that he can sit next to me and attempt to play the game himself!

Caribbean Beach Resort

I’m the only one who’s stayed here in the past. It was a looooong time ago, though – 1992. I was a senior in high school and came with my two friends Jen and Sonya and Sonya’s family (yes, my best friend to this day has the same name I do). I remember loving the feel of the resort as an 18 year old. We never made it to the main pool, but stayed at our own quiet pool and relaxed at least a few mornings. Now I’m just ready for a bigger room than at the All-Stars, and a few of the perks of the moderates. I can’t wait to see the grounds, the new pool, and the food court, which I don’t think was there in this form in 1992.

Le Cellier – I still can’t believe we got in here. From everything I’ve heard, we’re going to fill up the entire restaurant! I plan on getting the sampler platter for the simple reason that I can get the cheese soup appetizer that way, even though we’re on the basic plan and it’s lunch time. I hope it’s as good as everyone says it is. My best friend (yes, the other Jen) went with her family in March and finally got them a reservation for Le Cellier after her husband had wanted to for the past several trips. They both really enjoyed it, and he’s a definite foodie. So I have pretty good hopes!

Staying for seven days– on each of our last three trips, we only stayed for five days. One of those days was our arrival day, where we’d attempt to head out to a park as soon as we checked in. By the end of that day we’ve always been exhausted because we were up at 4 a.m. in order to get to the airport on time. And, at best, we’d be at the park by 1 or 2. It really wasn’t a whole day. That gave us 4 days to do everything we wanted to, so we never really just relaxed at the resort much. If we did, we felt like we were taking up valuable park time. Now, it turns out that even staying seven days, it was hard for me to plan “down time” into our schedule. I still think we’ll leave having to miss some things but, hey, that’s what a return trip is for, isn’t it? Plus, our first park day will be a whole day, not just a partial day. I really hope that we’ll come back from Disney this time not exhausted (especially since we have to drive 17 hours back home!). Ok, I'm scrounging for pictures here...this is my and Will relaxing at the park...like we'll hopefully have time to relax a little on our trip...yeah, I'm reaching. ;)
100_4441.jpg

That's mine! We were at my mom's yesterday for her retirement party. My mother-in-law and my aunt, who are also going with us, were also there. I got to walk Mom and Aunt Deedee through several questions they had about the trip, which was fun. It's really almost here - I'm so excited!!

That looks like a good list Jen! Haley's dress is really cute. I am looking forward to a lot of the same things. In two weeks we will be there!

:dance3::yay::woohoo::cool1::thumbsup2

I am taking a tip from Lady Lallie. She is listing 3 things each day that she is really looking forward to doing.

Saturday, June 12

Getting on Magical Express and feeling like I am really at Disney.
Checking in at CBR and having the whole trip in front of us.
Seeing everyone in our group, being able to explore CBR and have dinner (I know I stuck a lot in there).

Sunday, June 13
Seeing my DH enjoying Star Wars Weekend
Eating at Sci Fi.
Riding Toy Story Mania

Monday, June 14
Riding Soarin'
Eating at Chef Mickey's
Seeing fireworks at MK.

Tuesday, June 15
EMH at MK
Lunch at Liberty Tree (a first for us).
Riding POTC

Wednesday, June 16
Resort Exploring
World Showcase Touring
Lunch at LeCellier (another 1st)
Illuminations (I had to throw in a 4th)

Thursday, June 17
Shopping at DTD
Lunch at Wolfgang Puck's
1900 Park Fare (another 1st)

Friday, June 18
Seeing shows at DHS (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid)
Ohana
MK at night

Saturday, June 19
Breakfast at CP (another 1st)
Catching up on anything we haven't done
See fireworks one more time

Great top 10 list and top 3 hoped for moments. I hope everything goes as planned for both of you and you come back with fabulous reports. Well maybe you can have a few minor hiccups sprinkled in for laughs.:goodvibes

Just started reading your thread and found some common areas. We leave June 19th for a week at BWV with family and friends which will make a group of 16. We are from Indiana and the rest are from Iowa. Hope you have a wonderful time. We are certainly counting the days.:woohoo:

Just started reading your thread and found some common areas. We leave June 19th for a week at BWV with family and friends which will make a group of 16. We are from Indiana and the rest are from Iowa. Hope you have a wonderful time. We are certainly counting the days.:woohoo:

:welcome:

Those are a lot of similarities! It's a small world...are you guys flying down, then? I'm sitting here online instead of doing research for my paper that I have to have written before we leave...:sad2: I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything that doesn't have to do with Disney right now! BWV sound great - I'd really like to get down to that area and look around this trip. Thanks for checking us out!

Yes we are flying, 8 from Indianapolis, 6 from Moline, IL and 2 from Kansas City. I know how hard it is to concentrate. I have 12 days left to work before we leave and it is very difficult to stay focused. You really should check out the BW area. Lots of entertainment around there. We love it.

Welcome Jedspad! Thanks for joining us. We do have a lot in common. The Boardwalk is very pretty. It seems like there is a lot to do there. It won't be long now before we are at Disney!

Have fun on your last day with kids, Shelley!

:cool1::cheer2::dancer::jumping1:

Thank you! :goodvibes My last day with students went well. It is always a bittersweet day. Now, I just have to finish packing my classroom. Well, the Yudu shirts have turned into a big fiasco.:mad: The machine is so difficult to use. If it were just our own shirts we were doing we wouldn't be so afraid to mess any up. As it is right now, we have to replace one adult shirt (mine). So, we are going with the iron ons.

Thank you! :goodvibes My last day with students went well. It is always a bittersweet day. Now, I just have to finish packing my classroom. Well, the Yudu shirts have turned into a big fiasco.:mad: The machine is so difficult to use. If it were just our own shirts we were doing we wouldn't be so afraid to mess any up. As it is right now, we have to replace one adult shirt (mine). So, we are going with the iron ons.

I'm impressed that you guys hung in there as long as you did! Since you're coming our way this weekend, feel free to bring them with you...we'll assembly-line!

One week from today we will be in Disney!!!!:rockband::dancer:party:

We can start playing the "one week from today I will be..." game!

One week from today, DH and I will be boarding a plane to Orlando. We will take ME to CBR where we will meet up with our group. We will check in, have dinner at the food court and explore a little bit. We might even make a run for some breakfast food and water. We will turn in early so we can get an early start for SWW the next day. I can't wait! :cheer2:

Today we are visiting Bryan and Jen and the kids. We had a good trial run for Star Wars Weekend. We went to the Indy Children Museum. They had a special Star Wars event going on today. There was even a character meet and greet. I don't know who was more excited the kids or my DH and his brother. :laughing: We had a great time. I will try to share pictures soon.

Ok, one week from today....

We'll have three kids that are competely sick of being in the car (probably two adults, too)! But by now, we should have checked in, visited DTD, and gone back to the room. I'll put the kiddos to bed while DH takes a van-load to WalMart to stock up. And as we'll be hitting SWW early the next morning, we'll be trying to head to bead as soon as we can ourselves!

Haley was on the phone with my FIL this evening telling him she'd see him in a week...at DISNEY!!!!

Pics of our "practice Star Wars Weekend" to come!

I love the one week from today game:goodvibes The only thing better is actually doing it!

One week from today...we're trying to figure out what we'll be doing!! We know we'll be at DHS for Star Wars Weekends. We now know that the kids can sign up to do a Jedi Training session. The original plan was for the guys to go straight to the Star Wars store and the rest of us to go to Toy Story Mania. But if we can get an assigned time for Jedi Training instead of waiting in line on Friday when we come back...does anyone know if the kids have to be present to sign them up for this???

Sooooo....we'll either be in line for Toy Story Mania, Fastpasses in hand at this time next week, or we'll be fighting our way back to TSM from the Jedi Training Acadamy line! How's that for planning for you?? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter