Jedi, Princesses and Disney Geeks...Oh My!! The Sweet Sixteen go to Disney!6-11 New

One week from today we will be getting up bright and early to head to DHS for opening. I am totally going with the flow this day. If we can get fastpasses for TSM before we begin our SWW activities that would be great. If we can't we will be back on Friday. I love having the trip in front of you when you can say "I can come back and do that later". I also don't mind helping my DH navigate the Star Wars store if it is busy. Last year we got lucky and it was empty. I hope the same happens this year. Our main goals for the day are to see some characters, ride TSM, see the SW parade and Hyperspace Hoopla. Our late lunch/dinner will be at Sci Fi Dine In.

One week from today, we will be going to Epcot. Our goal for today is to experience Future World. Soarin' is high on our list. We will probably eat lunch there maybe at Sunshine Seasons or the Electric Umbrella. Then head back to the room for a break. We will head out to Chef Mickey's and our first viewing of MSEP, and Nightastic. :thumbsup2

What a great day this will be! An Epcot Morning with a MK evening topped off with the new fireworks!:cloud9:

A month or so ago, we recieved the magazine since we have a membership to the Indianapolis Children's Museum (a wonderful place if you haven't ever been there). Bryan saw an ad for what they were calling their "Star Wars Saturday." They've had an exhibit of costumes, artwork, etc. from the Clone Wars series for about a year now, and this was apparently piggybacking on it. Of course, the first thing DH did is call his brother. :rolleyes: So Shelley and Tim came down Friday night and we all headed out first thing Saturday morning.

We weren't sure what to expect, though the ad had mentioned this,

100_4724.jpg

and the flyer we picked up on the way in mentioned characters walking around. We were super excited when we realized the interaction we could have...check this out!!

100_4743.jpg

100_4731.jpg

100_4728.jpg

100_4753.jpg

So much fun! And it was a great test to see if Will was going to be comfortable with the characters or not. Well, this is what he ended up doing to most of the characters...

100_4730.jpg

(Though I've read you're not supposed to do that to the dark side characters at SWW :rolleyes1....you'll have to check out the thread on the Theme Parks Board).

So, in all the day was a roaring success. It really kind of topped off a SW week for us, since DH's birthday was Tuesday and my Mom went all out for his bday dinner...

100_4701.jpg

He does this every year...invites the kids to help him blow out the candles, then makes a big production of trying to keep them from doing it. It's tradition, I guess. ;)

Gotta go put the kiddos to bed - gymnastics camp, swim lessons, and baseball this week! (Nothing like wearing them out the week before we leave...) I'll be back with some planning updates later!
Jen

Great pics Jen! It was a fun day and a good test run for SWW.:darth:

A week from today, we will be getting up early to hit EMH at MK. We will go to Fantasyland first. Lunch will be at Liberty Tree Tavern. That night, Tim and I will be having dinner with my brother and SIL. They happen to be in Orlando at the same time we are for a conference and it worked out that we could meet up with them. We will be eating at Kona Cafe and we will try to catch the fireworks from the Poly beach.

I went shopping today for a few items for the trip. Jen and I are working on a special surprise, that I will tell more about after the trip. The shirts are all officially done!!

Great pics Jen! It was a fun day and a good test run for SWW.:darth:

A week from today, we will be getting up early to hit EMH at MK. We will go to Fantasyland first. Lunch will be at Liberty Tree Tavern. That night, Tim and I will be having dinner with my brother and SIL. They happen to be in Orlando at the same time we are for a conference and it worked out that we could meet up with them. We will be eating at Kona Cafe and we will try to catch the fireworks from the Poly beach.

I went shopping today for a few items for the trip. Jen and I are working on a special surprise, that I will tell more about after the trip. The shirts are all officially done!!

YAY!! The shirts are done, my paper is done...we're getting there! :goodvibes I'm glad you got an ADR at the Poly. I know you enjoyed Kona last time.

This time next week, I'll probably be on-line. :rolleyes: Not my ideal day at Disney, but if I only have to work on my class this one evening for a few hours, I'm ok with that. We'll have had a great day at MK, and I'm sure we'll be ready for some relaxing at the resort!

YAY!! The shirts are done, my paper is done...we're getting there! :goodvibes I'm glad you got an ADR at the Poly. I know you enjoyed Kona last time.

This time next week, I'll probably be on-line. :rolleyes: Not my ideal day at Disney, but if I only have to work on my class this one evening for a few hours, I'm ok with that. We'll have had a great day at MK, and I'm sure we'll be ready for some relaxing at the resort!

I hope that you don't have to do too much work next week. I am glad we are going back to Kona. I think my brother will like it also. They are only buying tickets for one night at a park so we had to go to a resort restaurant.

If you are up for it, I was thinking that something else we could do, is use our AAA vouchers to go minature golfing. Tim and I loved WinterSummerland last year. :santa:

Awesome SW pictures! That may actually top SWW because it doesn't look like you have the same crowds and you definitely didn't have the Florida sun beating down on you! Sounds like you have a great MK day planned and I really hope you don't have to work too much, Jen. It's getting so close for you guys:goodvibes

Awesome SW pictures! That may actually top SWW because it doesn't look like you have the same crowds and you definitely didn't have the Florida sun beating down on you! Sounds like you have a great MK day planned and I really hope you don't have to work too much, Jen. It's getting so close for you guys:goodvibes

It was a lot of fun. Short lines and being in air conditioning were a bonus too!

One week from today we have a leisurely morning planned. If we want to, we could sleep in, and get a later start to World Showcase since they open later. Or we could get up at a decent time and explore some of the Boardwalk resort area before heading to WS. After that we will do some WS touring. I love exploring the shops and all of the beautiful buildings. Lunch will be at LeCellier which we are all looking forward to. We plan on staying to watch Illuminations so we will probably stake out a spot and people can come and go as they please.

This time next week is our second Epcot day. Lunch at Le Cellier (really excited about this one!), and then exploring World Showcase until time for Illuminations. I love WS, and my kids are actually looking forward to doing all the Kidcot stations this time. I know I'll enjoy touring this with my mom, too. I want to hit the rides in Mexico and Norway if at all possible. It's looking like we'll be needing the A/C break...I checked weather.com, and there's really no days in the next 10 that are expected to be below 90 degrees! :sunny:

In other news, I finished the autograph books....

100_4772.jpg

100_4771.jpg

100_4770.jpg

Here's a shot of the inside...I got the character cards here on the DIS (thanks, donatalie!) and printed them out at Walgreens.com.

100_4773.jpg

They're divided up into sections by character meal (the girls also have a "Pixie Hollow" section), and then the rest of them are listed alphabetically so that we can find them when we meet up with the characters (I hope!). They also each have about a dozen generic ones for characters we may see that I didn't print anything for. I'm excited about them - I hope we get some great character interaction!

I also made these for DH and I...
100_4768.jpg

Yes, it was actually HIS idea to make his smaller. :) Hope someone spots them - it's always fun to meet other DISers! Of course, I was going to put mine on my bag, but over a week later and I still don't have it (it took them five days to ship it after I ordered it!!). Right now, it's supposed to get here Friday. I'm asking Mom and Dad to head up before they go to the airport on Saturday morning and pick it up. So, I guess I'll pack my park bag on Saturday evening...ick. Oh, well, at least it'll be here - the email I got when it finally shipped said the estimated delivery date was Monday the 14th!

The latest news is that I finally got a camera to take with me! We've always had a camera, but only one, and DH usually does most of the photo taking. That was going to be problematic this time, since we are spiltting up at least two or three times, including for most of the day on Thursday while they're at Disney Quest. We were already planning on getting a new camera for the family because our old one was taking about five-ten pictures and then the batteries would die. :headache: But we were also looking for one for me. I'd been saying for about a year that I wanted one I could keep in my purse. We ended up getting two of the same cameras - just in different colors. :rolleyes: That was the one we both liked, though I told DH he could just get me a little Canon. He ended up testing them out at Fry's the other day and just decided to go with two of the same. It's fine with me...I'm just glad to have one! He really knows how to do his research, though - they take fantastic pictures, from what we've been able to see (just got them yesterday).

Ok, gotta go actually get something done. I have two more things to worry about (swim lessons at 5:30 and a tutoring session for a friend's daughter at 6:30) before I can officially just conentrate on the trip. We're really getting down to the wire!! :goodvibes

Jen

I should be ok on the workload - I went into this knowing I'd have to put in at least a few hours one day. As long as I can keep it to that, I'll be pleased. It's getting close for you, too - are you packing yet?

One week from today we have a leisurely morning planned. If we want to, we could sleep in, and get a later start to World Showcase since they open later. Or we could get up at a decent time and explore some of the Boardwalk resort area before heading to WS. After that we will do some WS touring. I love exploring the shops and all of the beautiful buildings. Lunch will be at LeCellier which we are all looking forward to. We plan on staying to watch Illuminations so we will probably stake out a spot and people can come and go as they please.

You "ninja posted" on me. :rotfl2:

Just an FYI - my mother-in-law just called and suggested that we let our credit card companies know that we were leaving. I guess her boss has had credit cards declined on his last two trips because his credit card companies thought somene had taken them. It's actually an option on the automated menu...who'd have thought? I'm glad they're that aware, though! Just a little travel tip... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter