Jen's Journal.....Baby Steps to a new me

Blueeyes101817

DIS Veteran
hi everyone--my name is jen and i am 20 years old...im attending college to become a teacher...I have thyroid problems, which causes my weight to fluctuate frequently..
I joined curves ab out 2 months ago and have been going faithfully 4 x a week,,with the exception of the last two weeks when i was sick from getting my wisdom teeth out...
my goal was to lose 5 lbs by the new year, but so far i have gained a pound..i have vacation to look forward to, so i have noticed ive been lurking on the WISH board alot...
my dr cleared me to start working out, so i started today, and will try to go every day to try and meet my goal..
my long time goal is to be between 130-135 lbs---i am 5'7 and about 150ish right now....i tend to get off track ,and when i dont see results, i just stop..so im hping that by posting this, i wont be tempted to do that

Well , i had said i was going to try to work out each day..today i woke up, not feeling so great, but i still headed to curves..there was really no one there, so i went around 2.5 times instead of just 2..i did a few extra machines..
I "officially" get weighed and measured on Saturday, but i wanted to weigh myself to see if there was any difference since i had gotten my wisdom teeth out and couldnt really eat...I was afraid that i would gain since although i couldnt eat,,i couldnt work out either...
surprise! i weighed in at 149...when i was weighed/measured last month, i was 151...so theres 2 lbs gone...and ive been TRYING to eat better, but its hard since i am such a picky eater..but at least i get rid of the sweets and drink more water
I was so close to just stoppign again, because i gained last month at curves,but i guess i just needed that little bit of difference/encouragment to keep going...
Back to curves tomorrow!

HI Jen! It's nice to see you on the journal board! Congratulations on the loss! I will have to get you updated on the NY Challenge thread! :cool1:

Thanks michelle! im trying to get back into the swing of things!! thanks for posting--needed that encouragement to go to curves today...which i just did! so ive gone all 3 days this week so far...

okay --well today is the 4th straight d ay in a row i went to curves..im feeling alot better about myself, which is good, and i will "officially" get weighed in tomorrow morning....I found that my problem is i am such a picky eater, that i cant find too many things that i will eat..i eat fruit but dont like vegetables..im not a big person on meat..i just like chicken....so its hard to find foods that work....
but im working on it....guess ill find out how well im doing when i get weighed and measured tomorrow

Hey Jen, way to go getting through your 4th workout! :)

Do you not like any vegetables at all? How about salad? I'm not a huge vegetable eater either but I do love salad. I tend to like raw veggies better than cooked ones so I think that's why. One of my favorite snacks is red bell pepper strips. Yum!

Are you doing any sort of eating plan, I know you go to Curves but I don't know if there is a "diet" associated with that or not. I might be able to help you find some good recipes if you post what your eating plan is. :)

im so weird...i dont like any salad...the only veggie i will eat is corn....there is really no eating plan associated with curves, i just try to have healthy snacks--fruit cup, etc, during the day, and have my bigger meal be dinner..
im the type of person that when i go out to dinner, i get chicken fingers or pasta....i really dont like much

still going!! today was 5th straight day in a row going to curves....today was also weigh and measure day . i was kind of nervous since i was out for 2 weeks...but i went ahead and there was some good news!!!
i lost half an inch from my waist,,,1.5 inches from my abdomen...1 inch from my hips..lost a total of 3 lbs-which puts me at 147..i also lost 2.10% of body fat, down to 21.80...
so now i just have 2 more lbs to go till i meet my new years goal..my longtime goal is still a while away!

well today i did not make it to curves--i slept until 1130 since i was up till 2 last night...i cant believe i slept that late--hvaent done that in awhile! so i didnt really feel great today, so didnt do much--back to curves monday!

Hi Jen,

You're doing fantastic! Maybe your bod just needed the extra zzzs today! You'll be back in the swing in no time!!!!

Sundie

Keep it up. You are doing so well. I agree with pluosmyfav, sometimes your body just tells you what it needs, it's obvious you needed to sleep more on that particular day!

Sounds like curves is really working for you. Great job!

well it was back to curves for me this morning...we got a new machine and i love it..im really hoping to see a differece by the time i go to disney--at least it gives me something to work towards--
i think your right--i needed saturday off to relax..it was hard enough goign today!!!

Hi Jen! Don't you just love Curves? A good workout in 30 min! I started there the end of Sept. I haven't lost any weight, but have lost inches. I need to clean up my act in the eating department before I'll see any weight-loss. (Plus I'm twice as old as you, so it is harder for me to lose the pounds! :rolleyes: )
I give you lots of kudos for getting there 4 plus times a week. That is great! Keep it up and you will definitely notice when you go to Disney. So many of my friends have had really good results going to Curves and following WW. I know you just do your own thing with the eating, but as long as you are careful, you will do fine.
Keep up the good work!
TTFN-
Sharon

sharon-thank you so much! my first month at curves i gained a pound and a half..was up to 152...now after the second month, im down to 147...not much, but better than nothing!!! good luck to you too :) thanks for postinG!

well i went back to curves again today---had to take it easy, because my left leg is bothering me..but at least iw ent and did some of it....i always stop everytime i start doing something to help me lose weight--all those excercise videos...they were gone after like a month...this im sticking with..and i think when i get home from disney, i am going to sign up for another 3 months--thanks guys

well i was planning on going to curves again today- but woke up and my leg was really bothering me..so its probably not a good idea--think ill wake up early tomorrow and go....so just taking it easy today

Jen - good job recognizing when you need to rest! :Pinkbounc I hope your leg is feeling better. Don't overindulge too much on the holiday! :rolleyes: We'll get back to Curves monday morning, right?! :cool1:

Merry Christmas!

TTFN-
Sharon

Sharon--im going to curves tomorrow morning! mines open till 11:30 so i figure i might as well go in:) the only good thing, i dont eat alot of food, i am a VERY picky eater (asl onga s i stay away from the junk!!!) so im hoping that helps!!

**MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :) ***

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter