Jergens natural glow lotion - will it rub off on my dress?

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
I haven't used Jergens natural glow lotion in years, but I was planning to use it prior to being a bridesmaid in an upcoming wedding. My concern is that my dress is a very pale pink (almost white), and it'll be an outdoor summer wedding, so I'm worried the lotion will rub off and turn parts of my dress orange.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is Jergens a good brand to use? Any other recommendations for (subtle) tanning lotions that won't rub off on a pale pink dress?

That lotion is one that slowly changse your skin color over time, its not really a makeup or something like that. So to be sure it wouldn't rub off even if you sweat you could just not put it on that morning. You'd still have a nice tan if you had been using it regularly for a few weeks before.

i wouldn't use anything the day of. even if you go to something more expensive and a saleperson says it won't rub off... it totally will. i'm in cosmetic/skincare sales and the stuff some will say for a sale is sad. chances are it'll rub off so i wouldn't do it. we play in a lot of stuff at work... so i know. :)

That lotion is one that slowly changse your skin color over time, its not really a makeup or something like that. So to be sure it wouldn't rub off even if you sweat you could just not put it on that morning. You'd still have a nice tan if you had been using it regularly for a few weeks before.

Good idea - thank you!

It has stained my undies before! :rotfl: But only right after I put it on. As they said, if you apply it for a week or two before and skip the day-of, you should be fine.

Just another agreement: I've used jergens before and it actually takes a week to get full and noticeable color. Just shower the night before, but don't exfoliate with a loofah or scrub or anything or you'll risk rubbing off the color, and apply regular lotion and you'll be fine. :)

Whichever lotion you choose, always make sure to wash your hands right after applying or you'll get those tell-tale orange hands and the smell of self tanner that will NOT come out for two or three days.
Trust me :P

Thanks for posting this! I have some but only used it one day :laughing:
I could never really get past the smell of it. But as long as it works, I'll try it!

I agree, I use it and love it, and it gradually gives you a little color, but I wouldn't risk using it the day of, there is a good chance it will rub off onto your white dress, and I don't think it will make that big of a difference putting it on that day. Use it leading up to the wedding. FYI at my local grocery store they have the same thing in an off brand for half the price that I have been using, and it works just as good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter