JETS70 is taking a road trip

JETS70

Teardrop camping at the Fort
This happened.
Screenshot_20230728_002140_Chrome(1).jpgScreenshot_20230728_002201_Chrome.jpg

Now many of you are thinking that is my foot, nope, that would be Twinkle Toes Teresa's foot. I let her tell the story at next years Fort Dismeet. This little snafu lead to a doctor's order of 8 long long weeks of non weight bearing activity. She told me that there was no way that she was going to sit around and do nothing for 8 weeks and here we are today at the Creekfire RV Resort in Savannah Georgia. This place is really nice and would / is a good stopover site for those traveling south on I 95.
20230819_191119.jpg
20230819_195724_resized.jpg
20230820_092123_resized.jpg
20230820_092410_resized.jpg
20230820_091955_resized.jpg
20230820_092234_resized.jpg
20230820_163532_resized.jpg
20230820_163751_resized.jpg
Thats 10 so on to the next post.

Last edited:
Continuing......20230820_163936_resized.jpg
20230820_164016_resized.jpg
Very nice and clean campground with lots of activities for all ages.

We have visited Charleston SC several times so Savannah was the next logical choice. We are only here for a day and because of Teresa's mobility issues, we decided to make this more of a planning trip for a future extended stay, Today we traveled into Savannah to look around and stopped at the visitor center and Forsyth Park and had a picnic lunch next to the fountain.
20230820_111456_resized.jpg
@tiggerdad we had a guest for lunch today.......He was quite fond of the Ruffle potato chips and especially the Zingers.
20230820_112638_resized.jpgScreenshot_20230820_193321_Gallery.jpg
We also drove over to Tybee Island and stopped at Fort Pulaski along the way. Again, did not tour but have put that on the list for a future visit. No pictures from Tybee Island.
20230820_122921_resized.jpg
20230820_122832_resized.jpg
@bama_ed there is the Georgia State Railroad Museum located close to the Savannah Visitors Center that is on our list for a future visit.

Steve

@bama_ed there is the Georgia State Railroad Museum located close to the Savannah Visitors Center that is on our list for a future visit.

Steve

Thanks for the SHOUT OUT about a Jawja RR Museum. Will want to check it out.

Hope T can recover and convalesce with you as her care-giver. I know you will take good care of her.

Savannah is not a bad place to heal in ....

Will she set off TSA metal detectors in airports from now forward? :rolleyes:

Ed

Last edited:
Hope she heals quick.

My parents love the Creekfire RV Resort. The stop there for a night or two on their way to and from FL back to MA ebery year.

Ouch on the xrays. Hopefully there is a good story there. And if there isn't, there is lots of time to make up a good one before November 2024.

The campground looks great. We have wanted to check out that part of the country and this looks like a really nice stop.

j

20230821_133125.jpg20230821_133902.jpg20230821_134120.jpg
We are not exactly home but we are "Home". They even told us that when we checked in. 🙂
Site 1726 full hookup. Nice site but not a lot of shade. Plenty of room for Teresa to maneuver her knee scooter around the camper. 👍👍
20230821_151808.jpg
I have always told Teresa that I enjoy the Fort so much that I could come down here (850 miles from Ashland) and camp and not go to a park. With her ankle situation, she decided to take me up on my word. 7 days of just enjoying the Fort with no pressure to get anywhere. We are going to meet a couple of our Fort family for ice cream at a place called Jeremiah's. Was told that it is top notch. I'll get pictures. A little time at Disney Springs and a dinner at the Polite Pig is about all that is "planned". We do have a golf cart for.the week so there will be plenty of looping.
More to come.......
Steve

Have a great stay, Steve and Teresa.

I hope the summer rains only fall while you sleep (ha!) and you have wonderful days at the Fort in the 1700 loop (nice spaced out sites in 1700 as I recall).

Ed

Today Peg Leg Pete just about wore me out. We decided to take the boat to the Magic Kingdom.......20230822_091831.jpg
From there we rode the monorail to the Polynesian.......
20230822_120819.jpg
Along the way we saw a monorail tractor rescue monorail lime at the TTC......
20230822_121715.jpg
We had breakfast at Captain Cook's. Tonga toast and a breakfast flatbread. Both really good...
20230822_102008.jpg
Checked out the new DVC at the Poly. Not sure how.they are going to theme it Poly style🤔
20230822_113554.jpg
Then took the monorail over to Epcot. I wanted to see the progress on Moana The Voyage of Water. My grandson is a Maui fan and I was hoping for it to be open by our October Halloween trip. Looks like they still have a way to go.
Screenshot_20230822_223015_Gallery.jpg
From the bus stop at Epcot we caught a bus to Port Orleans Riverside. This was the first resort we stayed at on our first family trip to WDW. There we caught a boat to Disney Springs.
20230822_134500.jpg
At Disney Springs I visited the Lego store and watched a cast member demonstrate the newly released affordable 🤣 Liebherr crane. Pretty cool.
20230822_144310.jpg
Also picked up 2 of this beauty at the World of Disney store......
20230822_142245.jpg
It was at times comical watching people watching me carry these through DS to the bus stop and then while on the bus and the few who just couldn't keep from asking "what's in the boxes?" 🤣
20230822_155821.jpg
We met up with some friends this evening so that "they" could discuss tomorrow's plan of lunch at Smokey Bones and ice cream at Jeremiah's and what I just can't wait for @tiggerdad .......a trip to the Disney Character Warehouse at the outlet mall.........😩 All kidding aside, we have had a great time sans parks.

Steve

Great TR, Steve.

The Moana Voyage of Water is in CM previews right now, so I think it is "done". Rumors are it will open around October 1st for the public.

j

Thanks Jim
Good to hear about Moana. I think Archer will really like it. When we did the monorail loop around Spaceship Earth, there was lots of construction going on.
Steve

Today we met up with friends and made a quick trip to the Disney Character Warehouse and outlet mall. Although I am not a fan, I am glad I went. On our way out of the Fort at the intersection of Fort Wilderness Way and Big Pine Trail, we saw this.....
20230823_100012(1).jpg
If you look closely at the left side background, you can see a man and woman and a dalmatian dog.
20230823_100015.jpg
There were several people that looked like a production crew.
Screenshot_20230823_174118_Gallery.jpg
The couple walked across the road as the golf cart approached the intersection. The golf cart was a part of the production.
Screenshot_20230823_174129_Gallery.jpg
Maybe we will see this in an upcoming Disney Fort Wilderness commercial 🤔 We met up with friends and headed to the character warehouse were I did score this.... . 20230823_164401.jpg
About 50% off what they were selling for on property. Even though I model HO, I had to get it. The family will love it around the Christmas tree. Whistles, horns and a couple of WDW specific narrations.
20230823_172139.jpg
20230823_172202.jpg
20230823_172145.jpg
20230823_172150.jpg
20230823_172155.jpg
This is a true 3 rail electric Lionel that has a wireless remote and is cellphone Bluetooth capable. 10 pics.... on to next post.

Steve

After the outlet malls, we made our way over to Smokey Bones. No food pics but we had pulled pork, baked beans and a loaded baked potato. We then made our way over to Jeremiah's for ice cream and it was good. We look forward to taking the family when we return in October.
20230823_153430.jpg
I had sea salt carmel and chocolate ice cream......
20230823_154435.jpg
Teresa had Key West Tropical and vanilla ice cream.
20230823_154528.jpg
Sorry for the melting ice cream 🍦 pics. Had to get in the truck and enjoy as they do not have indoor seating. A nighttime visit might be better. We had a great time spending time with friends. We are back at the Fort now and will be doing some looping later this evening. There are some Halloween site decorations. I'll get some pics to share.

PS.....on a previous trip I had a chicken bacon ranch grilled cheese and tater tots from the Toasted food truck. I really liked it. Well, today while at Jeremiah's I saw the Toasted food truck in the parking lot. Was told that was where their restaurant was located. Another reason to go back for ice cream.
On another note, not sure how many actually use the back (side) entrance to the Fort while staying there. I always did just to avoid the front gate traffic. Well last night I was coming in the back gate and the gate would not open. A voice came over an intercom telling me that was only for buses.......come to the main entrance. When I got there, the gaurd was great. He explained that we could exit the back gate anytime no problem but entry was strictly buses only. No big deal but just wanted to share.

Steve

PS.....on a previous trip I had a chicken bacon ranch grilled cheese and tater tots from the Toasted food truck. I really liked it. Well, today while at Jeremiah's I saw the Toasted food truck in the parking lot. Was told that was where their restaurant was located. Another reason to go back for ice cream.

On another note, not sure how many actually use the back (side) entrance to the Fort while staying there. I always did just to avoid the front gate traffic. Well last night I was coming in the back gate and the gate would not open. A voice came over an intercom telling me that was only for buses.......come to the main entrance. When I got there, the gaurd was great. He explained that we could exit the back gate anytime no problem but entry was strictly buses only. No big deal but just wanted to share.

Wait, woh, TOTS?

Those little nuggetz of potato goodnez?

Out the back door gate>?

In the guest gate? Hew (Who) NEW?

Take care of the Queen Bee, Steve.

She MUST know what patients are like - so you have a higher HILL to climb in terms of (her) "customer satisfaction".

Ed

PS - love your "Fort Only" updates. :worship:

Went looping this evening. As an idea of how crowded the Fort is, the 800 loop has 74 sites and 10 are occupied. This is not true for every loop but is a very good indicator. We have been here during July and August and many times in October and to me, this is a ghost town. 👻
20230823_203623.jpg

Steve

Those little nuggetz of potato goodnez?
Oh yeah.....those golden crispy deep fried heart ❤️ grenades 👍👍
She MUST know what patients are like - so you have a higher HILL to climb in terms of (her) "customer satisfaction".
I'm not sure I want to see my customer satisfaction survey scores. Our marriage may not survive them.....😳
PS - love your "Fort Only" updates. :worship:
Thanks Ed.....it really has been lots of fun.
Steve

Not sure what's going around and I hope I'm not the common factor, but a Harvest Host friend with a farm just south of me was out in Utah visiting family and posted these pics. This was 2 days after you put Teresa's xrays on here. They could almost be the same person's. Hopefully she is getting around and not too miserable.

1692839355615.png

j

Wow Jim......Teresa was like "Are you kidding," 7 screws and a plate and at least 1 screw you can see on the opposite side. They are eerily similar. 😳
Teresa is doing well. We aren't sitting still but she is being smart about what she is doing. Her biggest takeaway from this is that she is used to helping her patients adapt, heal and get better from these type situations. She doesn't like being on this side of the fence.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter