Jiminy's June 2015 W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge!! Any and All welcome to join!!

pjlla

DIS Veteran
jiminy.jpg

Hey all! WELCOME ABOARD our June W.I.S.H. weight loss challenge.
The rules are changing up a little so please read this post carefully.

This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Pick a goal (5 pounds off, 10% down, 10K steps a day, etc) and device a PLAN to reach that goal. Share your GOAL and your PLAN with us (no need to post your SPECIFIC weight.... just your goal) and then watch the colors change (like on this GORGEOUS rainbow castle) as you reach your JUNE GOAL!

rainbow castle.jpg

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10% orange
11% - 20% bright pink
21% - 30% royal blue
31% - 40% purple
41% - 50% turquoise
51% - 60% copper
61% - 70% rose
71% - 80% kelly green
81% - 90% sky blue
91% - 99% red
100% WISH green

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan and to report your progress toward that goal to me (pjlla) through a private message every Friday (but I'll give an additional day for any stragglers, folks away, in another time zone, etc). Progress will be updated on Sundays (or Mondays if life gets crazy here). Looks for little online "awards" coming up as you reach your goal!

I can't WAIT to get us started this month!!

Remember.........."The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" (Thanks Walt!) .....................P

Last edited:
I hope that this format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living! But as always, feel free to participate as much or as little as you would like.... but remember, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

If you have a subject you would like used as a QOTD (question of the day) or something that you think we would like to hear about, please let me/us know!

Please consider inviting a friend (either a RL friend or a Disboard friend) to join us. They don't have to LOVE Disney like we do (but it helps). They only need to want to make healthier lifestyle choices!

Donald says: "Come join the party!"

party donald.jpg

Reserved for list of participants:
5xdisneyfans
alexle2007
bababear_50
bamacmac
bearybubba
belle0101
bigdave10000
bigsis1970
Candy1971
cluvesdisney
Colleen27
Connie96
cosmocricket
Dawnlight
dsnyfn1022
Ellie Badge
EvieBug
finny1981

Flossbolna
goofy4prez
HockeyMomNH
hpfan100
JacknSally
JennysSeven
jimmduck
Keithsmomma
KelliLee702
knkmom
luvpoohandcompany
Minnie-Mickey
natashag76
OhMari
OhMom
pjlla
PtownGirls
Rose&Mike
SarahDisney
Statefan17
stenickar
tooh8ful
Trith
vitfamily
Zoesmama03

(updated 6/8)

Last edited:
We are STILL in need of hostesses for the remainder of 2015! These challenges don't run themselves!! But it isn't hard either and it is a GREAT motivator to keep yourself on track! Consider volunteering for a month this year!!

Future challenge hosts:

June 2015: pjlla
July 2015:
August 2015:
September 2015:
October 2015:
November 2015:
December 2015:

Here is your QOTD for Monday, June 1, 2015:

"Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show!"
(Mickey Mouse Club, 1955)

mickey-mouse-clubhouse-birthday-wallpaper-MickeyMouseClub.jpg

Please share your GOAL (Steps? Pounds? Days on plan? Minutes of exercise?) and your PLAN to achieve that goal with us in as much detail as you would like!

Last edited:
Hi! I'd like to join in. So...goals.... Let's say down by 5 lbs by June 30th by more walking and more closely adhering to the Four Corners Diet (I had a lot of success with that before the kids came along. Hopefully I will again!).

I'd like to join in. I would like to lose 10 pounds in June. I am going to follow a low carb meal plan, take 10,000 steps every day and a more formal exercise at least twice a week (zumba, video or going to the gym).

Hi! I'd like to join in. So...goals.... Let's say down by 5 lbs by June 30th by more walking and more closely adhering to the Four Corners Diet (I had a lot of success with that before the kids came along. Hopefully I will again!).

What is the four corners diet?

I'll join, this will be first time. :)

I'm struggling, a lot, and I'm hoping that having to be accountable (sending in my progress every Friday) and making new friends will get me started in a more positive direction.

I'll think some on my goals and have them posted tomorrow for sure! Thanks!!

ETA: My goal is to walk 3 times a week. I put Wishes and SpectroMagic on my iPod and my plan is to walk as far as I can listening to Wishes and when that's over walk home listening to SpectroMagic. If I get home before that's over then I'll continue around the block until it's over. I think that's just a few minutes shy of 30 minutes.

I have to start out with a small goal due to aggravating an old knee injury in January and then while recovering from that I injured my foot, same leg. :(

Last edited:
I'm in!!!

My goal is to complete some exercise each day--- walking 5 days per week, arm weights and stretching 3 days a week. I also am working on making strong healthy choices with my eating habits...nothing specific just better choices. Since I'm pregnant I can't focus on weight loss but I can focus on overall health and strength.

What is the four corners diet?

The Four Corners Diet is a low-carb hybrid. Lots of protein, lots of monounsaturated fats, lots of probiotics, lots of greenery/fiber = 4 corners. Also, my df-i-l is one of the co-creators, so admittedly I'm biased in that respect. But I really did lose a ton of weight when I followed it thoroughly. I was 25lbs lighter when I got pregnant the 1st time than I was in high school.

Hi
My name is Mel and I'm in.(Newbie)
I would like to lose 5 pounds this month, but getting into an exercise routine is a more important goal for me.
I would love some advise on some basic stretching exercises that others have found useful.

So starting Monday June 1st 2015
I am going to walk the treadmill every day for 15 minutes-gradually building up my stamina.

Hugs Mel

I'd like to join too!

My goals for June

*Lose 8 lbs
*Continue trying to hit 10K steps each day
*Continue doing 2 group exercise classes at my gym each week
*At least a 30 min walk with my dog each day
*No ice cream, soda or tea for this month.
*Make healthier food choices overall

So glad I found this! I had been planning to do a big overhaul of things starting tomorrow, so it's great to have this to help keep me on track. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter