• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

Thank you so much Sarah for reading along and for your kind words!!!
What part of London are you from? I was born in Carshalton (a town near Croydon, Wimbledon and Epsom). I now live in the Lake District.

Thank you so much Sarah for reading along and for your kind words!!!
What part of London are you from? I was born in Carshalton (a town near Croydon, Wimbledon and Epsom). I now live in the Lake District.

I'm in Greenwich now but grew up in Rotherhithe (just by Tower Bridge) I bet you much prefer living in the Lake District? I remember going there for a long weekend years ago with family and it was so pretty

Do you know, you are right. I would be very reluctant to move back to London, although I visit frequently as I still have a lot of family down there.

I love all of your plans so far! You are going to have so much fun with your golf and tea party outings!

joining in...first time to ever follow a PJ! :banana:

I love all of your plans so far! You are going to have so much fun with your golf and tea party outings!

disneemama - I am so honoured that mine is the first PJ you are following. Thank you so much!!! I hope I don't disappoint!! (?sp) Stay tuned as tomorrow I intend to start on the VR itself!!

Disney9.9.10 - Thank you. We are both looking forward to our pre-VR events very much!! Your big day is so close now. You must be so excited!!

So on to the big day itself!!!
State of play with vendors at the moment:-
Swan package (planner Karen Gingerich) - Booked and first installment paid
Randy Chapman - Booked and deposit paid
Patricia Le Jeune - Booked and deposit paid
Rev Tim Herring - Booked and deposit paid
Christine MacPhail (harpist for ceremony and cake/champagne reception) - Booked, no deposit required.
It's Tasty Too (Heather) for cake - Booked and deposit paid
Atmospheres floral (Debbie) - Date reserved. Telephone consaltation on Monday (16th August 2010)
Limo transport - I still being arranged and in the hands of my planner, Karen
Citricos/Mizners - Initial contact made with manager Lee. Can't be officially booked until November

I plan to pop over to the Kona Cafe for an early breakfast with the family. Because it is a VR Paul and I will be spending the previous night together and then going to breakfast together.
I have always wanted to eat at Kona and sample the famous Tonga Toast, so I figured that my VR day would be an excellent day to do it!!! I think it is a good idea to have a good breakfast as I probably won't eat again until dinner at 5.30pm. Well, I may have a slice of cake!!!
After breakfast, I will be sending Paul and younger DS Alfie off to do their own thing and then get ready in DMIL's room. I do not want Paul seeing me in my dress until we have our 'first look'. I think my older son will have to stay and get ready with us girls (me DD and Mum) as DMIL and her partner only have a studio room and I think four people getting ready in there will be more than enough.
With Paul and Alfie gone, I will have a leisurely shower and wait for Patricia to arrive.
I have not absolutely decided on my hair yet. My hair is currently just past shoulder length and will obviously be slightly longer come May. I know I definately want it up and here are a few pictures I have gathered as inspiration. I think I may just print them all out and take them with me to show Patricia on the day and trust her expertise!! I will not be in WDW before May so, unfortuately, cannot have a trial.
My thanks if any of these pictures are of your hair, and my apologies for not asking your permission to use them as inspiration pics!!

101.jpg

DSC04149.jpg

IMG_2890-1.jpg

I am hoping to have this in my hair. I found it on Etsy but haven't ordered it yet.
I would love you opinions on the hairstyles and the facinator and veil set!!

facinatorandveil.jpg

So Randy wants me ready to do our 'first look' at BLT at 1.00pm. That reminds me that I must e-mail Patricia and let her know as it says in my contract with her that she will have me ready for 2.00pm.
Here is my dress, shoes, earrings and bracelet

Christina.jpg

Christinab.jpg

Scarlett-PL.jpg

starlet-of-beauty-earrings_1797.jpg

279975541_o.jpg

I didn't order my dress from 'bestbridalprices' but they were the only site that would allow me to save a picture of it!! I have ordered it from a bridal boutique near where my daughter lives. I have paid half as a deposit and going for another fitting in October. I can't wait to try it on again!!
The shoes look more creamy in the picture than in real life but are a perfect match for the dress. I took a swatch of the dress fabric with me when I bought them, so I know they are a perfect match.
I love the hidden (or not so hidden) Mickey on the bangle. It was so cheap and it is really sparkly. I love it!!!

Next up - Colour scheme, DD's dress, floral and cake

So Randy wants me ready to do our 'first look' at BLT at 1.00pm. That reminds me that I must e-mail Patricia and let her know as it says in my contract with her that she will have me ready for 2.00pm.
Here is my dress, shoes, earrings and bracelet

Christina.jpg

Christinab.jpg

Scarlett-PL.jpg

starlet-of-beauty-earrings_1797.jpg

279975541_o.jpg

I didn't order my dress from 'bestbridalprices' but they were the only site that would allow me to save a picture of it!! I have ordered it from a bridal boutique near where my daughter lives. I have paid half as a deposit and gor for another fitting in October. I can't wait to try it on again!!
The shoes look more creamy in the picture than in real life but are a perfect match for the dress. I took a swatch of the dress fabric with me when I bought them, so I know they are a perfect match.
I love the hidden (or not so hidden) Mickey on the bangle. It was so cheap and it is really sparkly. I love it!!!

Next up - Colour scheme, DD's dress, floral and cake

I love the dress and shoes it looks so pretty together!! I can't wait to hear more about everything!!!!!! :lmao:

The hairstyles are lovely and your dress is gorgeous - is it a Maggie?
I love the hidden (or rather not so) mickey in the braclet and the earrings are gorgeous too :) I'm hating the search for jewellery, good job I have a long time to keep searching.

Thanks girls!!
Yep the dress is a Maggie (can't beat a Maggie, right?)
What do you think of the facinator/veil? I really need opinions on that!!!
I forgot to post my garter. It really is out of the colour scheme but it is a tribute to the ultimate diva/starlet/princess Minnie Mouse and I love that I will have a tribute to her hidden under my dress!!! It also has a little blue bow for the 'something blue'

il_430xN_164742140.jpg

Thanks girls!!
I forgot to post my garter. It really is out of the colour scheme but it is a tribute to the ultimate diva/starlet/princess Minnie Mouse and I love that I will have a tribute to her hidden under my dress!!! It also has a little blue bow for the 'something blue'

il_430xN_164742140.jpg

Yay!! This is the garter I got but with white everything that is black in the picture!!! I love it!! and I LOVE MINNIE MOUSE!!:love:

You know I thought about switching the black for white too, but decided to leave it black to represent her black body and ears!!!!!

Thanks girls!!

il_430xN_164742140.jpg

Knew it had to be a Maggie, her dresses are the prettiest ;) though maybe im a bit biased cause i'm a Maggie bride too.
I love those facinator/veils not something i'd wear myself mainly cause i don't think it would suit me plus I plan on wearing my hair down but I've seen many brides wear them and they look gorgeous, so I say go for it.

Love, love, love the Minnie garter, another big Minnie fan here :lovestruc

Thanks for your opinion Sarah!!
I think I will go for it as I have always wanted to wear one!!!

Yay for Maggie Brides!! :laughing:

I love all your jewellry! It's beautiful!

You are going to look so lovely on your VR day! My first thought about that dress was also "is that a Maggie?" lol I am a Maggie bride too so I love her dresses, and yours is no exception - it is beautiful! And I love the Mickey bangle :goodvibes

Claire sweetie
You are most welcome if you can make it!!!
It would be an honour to have you there!!

Sadly won't be going to WDW next year.

I like the first hair photo, and I love the birdcage veil.

Beautiful dress! Fab garter! I want that bracelet!

Everything looks beautiful, you are going to look amazing. I love Maggie dresses too, hope my daughter finds a dress soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter