Jodi Arias Trial Part 6, starting with JM Rebuttal April 16

This pretty much sums it up. Before the surrebuttal, Dr. Horn was called to the stand again by Juan. The bullet wound was first discussed, but not the particular membrane. Dr. Horn testified that he would've been immediately incapacitated and wouldn't have been able to defend himself. Plus given the lack of blood and hemorrhaging around the wound, meant he was more than likely dead when he was shot.

It was Dr. G that brought up the membrane and that this membrane controls motor functions. He pointed out that Dr. Horn's report stated it wasn't damaged and added that Travis could've been capable of still defending himself, and/or possibly attacking Jodi.

The fact still remains is that the bullet shot came last. Juan got Dr. G to admit that the lack of blood from the wound meant he was probably already dead. Juan needs to make sure and focus on the fact that even if this membrane was or was not intact at the time the autopsy was performed; the shot to the head was the final nail in the coffin. It did not come first like Jodi states it did. Hopefully the jury takes the report for mostly what it is and oversees this typo. If anyone of them is believing Travis was shot first, then this could be a problem. :scared: I certainly hope they all believe he was stabbed first, then his throat slit and the shot came last.

Personally, from the moment I learned how he died, I really didn't believe it was self defense. Especially given there was no calls for help, tried to clean up the crime scene, disposed of evidence. A real self defense victim would've been in fight and flight mode. Fight just enough to escape from the scene and call for help.

Of course you all know that. I'm just rambling on now.

I agree with you that TA was probably stabbed first, throat slit, then shot last (because let's not forget the shell casing was found on top of the blood too) ... But just for argument sake, let's just say that JA shot TA in the shower first, and like the autopsy report technically says, the membrane wasn't damaged and it really wasn't a typo after all ... TA could have still then gotten out of the shower, JA panicked and started stabbing him, TA defended himself (defense wounds), went to the sink, coughed up blood, continued to try to get away, JA followed and kept stabbing him, TA got to the end of the hallway where JA slit his throat and then dragged him back to the bathroom ... So in other words, even IF TA was shot first, it still doesn't make JA's self defense claim/story/lie anymore probable or believable to me ... (but I never bought her self defense claim to begin with either) ... :)

Good grief not having a good start today kept dd 10 home for a sore throat and I think it's strep so now sitting at the docs office and have the TV set to record. Before I left my Internet crapped out and can't figure out what's wrong something about DNS not detected out of the blue. Guess I'm going to have to keep up with my phone for now :(

I actually went to bed to watch and listen to the trial. I was streaming it on my ipod.

I tried to stream it through our Wii, but it wasn't working. I'll have to play with that some more. I'll have to see if I can get it through the Blu Ray as a back up plan.

No, no, no, the last thing I want to hear when going to sleep is anything about Jodi Arias. :crazy2:

I agree with you that TA was probably stabbed first, throat slit, then shot last (because let's not forget the shell casing was found on top of the blood too) ... But just for argument sake, let's just say that JA shot TA in the shower first, and like the autopsy report technically says, the membrane wasn't damaged and it really wasn't a typo after all ... TA could have still then gotten out of the shower, JA panicked and started stabbing him, TA defended himself (defense wounds), went to the sink, coughed up blood, continued to try to get away, JA followed and kept stabbing him, TA got to the end of the hallway where JA slit his throat and then dragged him back to the bathroom ... So in other words, even IF TA was shot first, it still doesn't make JA's self defense claim/story/lie anymore probable or believable to me ... (but I never bought her self defense claim to begin with either) ... :)

That's how I think it went down (coz I also know MEs can be wrong lol) and I agree with you, still not self defense.

And I wish I had one of these:

14fce66f-26a2-44de-acff-2c234e154052.jpg

Pigletgirl go with purple , I love purple.:goodvibes

Even if Travis was shot first and got up he would have been in pain anyway. He still has defensive wounds. So he would have still been trying to stop Jodi from stabbing him. He would have been in pain no matter which happened then at point, A deadman from the start would have not had any defensive wounds. So the jury has two ways to look at this.

Good grief not having a good start today kept dd 10 home for a sore throat and I think it's strep so now sitting at the docs office and have the TV set to record. Before I left my Internet crapped out and can't figure out what's wrong something about DNS not detected out of the blue. Guess I'm going to have to keep up with my phone for now :(

Oh no, sending you and dd good vibes!! pixiedust:

You could reset your modem and computer to see if that clears it up, won't work on your daughter. :(

I hope she feels better soon. Do you have a router at home? If so unplug it and turn off your computer as well. Your router needs to be reset often as does a computer. I do mine every morning and now I have no more problems.

No, no, no, the last thing I want to hear when going to sleep is anything about Jodi Arias. :crazy2:

That's how I think it went down (coz I also know MEs can be wrong lol) and I agree with you, still not self defense.

And I wish I had one of these:

14fce66f-26a2-44de-acff-2c234e154052.jpg

Have you been up early playing with the mower? :rotfl:
Jodi has no defense anything. The jury answered there own question when they asked Jodi , he died with great affliction ( short way to say it ) and you walked with nothing. So they have their answer.

I had to commute home during Geffner's testimony; does anyone know where I can watch the other two witnesses who testified after him? Thanks!

Perhaps try to reboot the cable box/router. If not, a phone call to tech support may be in order (although they may start with the above).

Have you been up early playing with the mower? :rotfl:
Jodi has no defense anything. The jury answered there own question when they asked Jodi , he died with great affliction ( short way to say it ) and you walked with nothing. So they have their answer.

Oh hell no, it's 53 degrees of cold wind blowing out there going down to 36 tonight, I'm sitting in front of the TV in my recliner.

This Keoke coffee looks good and I've got the stuff for this:

0ccc6b393b293d0f_keoketwoshot.xxxlarge_0.jpg

ITA. Either way you look at it, it was cruel and unusual punishment. Lets hope the jury sees it as we do.

It was chilly and miserable yesterday so no yard work. And none done today because of nephew's ballgame this afternoon. Guess tomorrow, I need to get off lazy butt, get fuel, and get out and mow as the grass is high enough to start losing cats in the yard.

Oh no, sending you and dd good vibes!! pixiedust:

You could reset your modem and computer to see if that clears it up, won't work on your daughter. :(

Lol wish it could work on dd. I did the usual when I have issues disconnect and reconnect the network reset modem and pc all the normal stuff, got it to work for about 2mins....least done with doc picking up rx now

OMG are we drinking already? :rotfl: Morning everyone! :wave: You all were up late (and then early) ... I had to get some sleep! :lmao: I hung in there as long as I could last night, but I wasn't missing Nashville. :p

:welcome: Mrs. T-Man! Glad you decided to join us! :goodvibes

ITA. Either way you look at it, it was cruel and unusual punishment. Lets hope the jury sees it as we do.

I agree, does not matter if he got shot first and got up, that would still be painful, he had defensive wounds, which indicate he tried to stop her. Earlier post I said the jury answered there own question to Jodi, Travis ended up with all that stuff and she walked away with nothing.

GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!! :surfweb:

Geez, I was up way tooooo late getting myself all caught up. BUT it was all worth it. I will say I wanted to punch Wilma when she was GRILLING Dr. Horn on the typo. :furious:

I still have about 4 more pages here to read but when I got to Mare's post I wanted to stop and re-read it a few times.

THANKS, MARE! :thumbsup2

Here's what Beth Karas is saying about today, tomorrow, and deliberations (will link in First Post):

When court resumes today, Judge Stephens is first expected to instruct the jury on the law. That could take 30 - 45 minutes but probably not much more than that. After that, the jury will hear the first of 3 closing arguments. Juan Martinez will speak first and he could take the bulk of the day today. He may use some of the hundreds of exhibits which were introduced into evidence...photographs, diagrams...to help him illustrate his closing argument.

Once Martinez finishes later today, perhaps, the defense will go. Jennifer Willmott gave the opening statement for the defense, so we believe that Kirk Nurmi will give the closing argument. So Nurmi could begin later today. If not, he'll give his closing tomorrow. He could talk most of the day tomorrow, and whenever he wraps up, Juan Martinez will give the final closing argument...it's a rebuttal. Much shorter...maybe AN HOUR OR TWO. Then the jury will get the case. So this is going to take all of today and tomorrow.

If there's enough time tomorrow, jurors might actually start their deliberation, and before they do, the three alternates will be selected. Whoever those alternates are, they will not be EXCUSED while the jury deliberates and that's because if the twelve jurors deciding this case come back with a verdict of FIRST DEGREE MURDER, those alternates need to come back because there will be more to do. There will be more phases in the case...an aggravating phase, and a penalty phase.

That's what we can expect in the next few days...all closing arguments, perhaps a verdict next week.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

At courtroom. No one is let in yet. Its a zoo out here. #JodiArias

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter