• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny Depp Trial

Honest question? Is Johnny Depp sober these days? I watched an interview with a lawyer (observer) about the case and he made a comment about how he was sober throughout the 6 week trial. That implies to me that his sobriety (in a general sense) isn't stable. Or that was just a crass comment. I had just presumed he was sober/healthy (but again, I haven't kept up with his status/health at all).

Anyway, I hope most people wouldn't want to be associated with either of them based on their behavior on display (from the past) at the trial. And if he's not sober, let's hope he gets there. He's not a spring chicken anymore. I have an extended family member who lived a similar life (alcohol was their substance of choice) and he died in January at 61 (from health issues stemming from his habits).
From what I’ve gleaned from the trial, he never considered himself an alcoholic, but he did have an addiction to pain pills. He detoxed from the pills on his private island (a whole story there). He also at least dabbled in cocaine, and rarely did MDMA (ecstasy) which was Heard’s drug of choice along with her $600 bottles of Spanish red wine which were ordered by the case for her and her entourage. The financial advisor stated Depp’s alcohol bill dropped to nearly zero after the divorce.
I think I saw him sitting behind a dark beer that looked like a Guinness to me after the trial…. And now I want a Guinness. Thanks, Johnny.

I really do wish Johnny would embrace complete sobriety though, if only for the sake of his liver. It was revealed during his testimony that doctors are concerned about his liver numbers and they have to be really bad after how much alcohol he has consumed through the decades.

Wasn't the main problem with the last few Pirates movies that the scripts weren't that good?
Yes, people wanted to see more of Captain Jack Sparrow, but by that the people didn't mean put 20 Jack Sparrows in one scene.
I would be happy if Disney just focused on the Turner family. That’s what the last scene implied anyway. They could just mention that Jack married Angelica off screen and I would be fine with that.

I missed that Johnny was friends with Marilyn Manson. Ew. That really lowers my opinion of him.
I always felt Manson was so pretentious. He will say the most basic thoughts on a topic, and his fans will deem him to be incredibly wise.

He would make a fantastic Hot Topic Uncle Fester though.

_118285651_gettyimages-1205178749.jpg
avatars-000132692261-ae3o93-t500x500.jpg

I missed that Johnny was friends with Marilyn Manson. Ew. That really lowers my opinion of him.
I'm going to hold off on judging here. How many times have you heard some thing horrible that someone did and everyone around them was like "I'd have never expected that from them" ? He may not have known about the abuse in Manson's relationships. Maybe he did, idk. But heck, even serial killers families and close friends have said they had no clue that their loved one could be capable of such things, so it's possible that Depp had no idea what was going on in Manson's personal relationships. I feel like in most cases of abuse the friends of the abuser, don't really know that their friends are doing such things.

There was a line of questioning in the trial that mentioned him doing drugs with Manson and that they are friends. That's all I needed to hear. Anyone that is friends with that guy has serious problems.

I'm going to hold off on judging here. How many times have you heard some thing horrible that someone did and everyone around them was like "I'd have never expected that from them" ? He may not have known about the abuse in Manson's relationships. Maybe he did, idk. But heck, even serial killers families and close friends have said they had no clue that their loved one could be capable of such things, so it's possible that Depp had no idea what was going on in Manson's personal relationships. I feel like in most cases of abuse the friends of the abuser, don't really know that their friends are doing such things.
It's not just the abuse allegations. Those did not shock me at all. Marilyn Manson is pure evil.

Right? She was given a role here with a potential $100 Million dollar pay out and she couldn’t even act enough to earn any of it 🤣

Is this true that she could have made 100 million dollars for 1 role? That seems impossible. For pretty much any actress.

There was a line of questioning in the trial that mentioned him doing drugs with Manson and that they are friends. That's all I needed to hear. Anyone that is friends with that guy has serious problems.

To be fair, JD did drugs with Amber, her sister, and her friends too. I don't know much about Marilyn Manson at all, but it seems like JD did drugs with a lot of people.

It is amazing how quickly people judge people that they really know nothing about. Manson was not on trial here and his on stage persona is probably much different then in personal life. Doing drugs may be illegal, but it harms only the users. Other than what he looks like what else do we know about him. I mean really know, not what we read in some gossip rag.

It is amazing how quickly people judge people that they really know nothing about. Manson was not on trial here and his on stage persona is probably much different then in personal life. Doing drugs may be illegal, but it harms only the users. Other than what he looks like what else do we know about him. I mean really know, not what we read in some gossip rag.
Exactly this. His stage personality is certainly something. And it does certainly seem that he was an abuser. But Depp did too a few months ago. I don't want to not believe a victim, but at the same time, we can't always believe everything we hear, as has been shown. So based on what is actually known FACT Manson is a weirdo on stage, and a drug user. Doesnt mean hes inherently evil. Maybe he is, i don't know. But for petes sake. Can we quit making judgements about people without facts?

Adding: the fact that multiple women have accused Manson of the same thing certianly adds weight to the fact that he's likely not a great person. I'm not saying he is a good person in any means, just that we judge without knowing the whole story

Is this true that she could have made 100 million dollars for 1 role? That seems impossible. For pretty much any actress.
Well a good actress would have convinced a jury and potentially walked away with an award of $100M.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter