Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

Thank you! How about Muppets and NBC, please?
I found that the first NBC and second Muppets was great. We arrived at 8:15pm to NBC and got a seat front left like I wanted and people were still filing in up until 8:30p. We were even allowed to bring our beers from Baseline. We then did all the PhotoPass ops in animation courtyard and still had prime seats to muppets 20 minutes before the show at 9:45pm (center, about 10 rows back)

I found that the first NBC and second Muppets was great. We arrived at 8:15pm to NBC and got a seat front left like I wanted and people were still filing in up until 8:30p. We were even allowed to bring our beers from Baseline. We then did all the PhotoPass ops in animation courtyard and still had prime seats to muppets 20 minutes before the show at 9:45pm (center, about 10 rows back)
I’m happy to hear this party is running so much better than it started! It’s not in my cards for this year but I can see myself doing it down the road if they keep improving on it like this! Kinda getting a DCA Halloween party vibe with the unique characters.

A second reminder. Please do not discuss who could/is/might be using LL during a party. We do not know so all discussion is pure speculation.

This thread is to discuss Jollywood Nights and assist guests who are planning to attend or, for those who have been to share their experiences.

Further discussion of the use of LL will be removed and warning points may be assigned.

A second reminder. Please do not discuss who could/is/might be using LL during a party. We do not know so all discussion is pure speculation.

This thread is to discuss Jollywood Nights and assist guests who are planning to attend or, for those who have been to share their experiences.

Further discussion of the use of LL will be removed and warning points may be assigned.
I have tickets for the party for December 16th and would like to know the perception of the ones who already attended regarding the lines and the wait for the rides…. It would be useful information for us to plan our night. If you don’t mind me asking, why that kind of information shoudn’t be shared here? I am sorry if that is explained elsewhere.

I have tickets for the party for December 16th and would like to know the perception of the ones who already attended regarding the lines and the wait for the rides…. It would be useful information for us to plan our night. If you don’t mind me asking, why that kind of information shoudn’t be shared here? I am sorry if that is explained elsewhere.
Lines and wait time requests are fine. What is off topic is asking why people are using LL return queues during the parties. There are guests who qualify to use the LL queues. Why they qualify is not for anyone else to know. How many will be using a LL queue cannot be quantified as each party there is a different number of guests who are eligible to use the LL queues.

I hope this helps.

As I mentioned earlier, overall, I felt the attraction lines were short except for specific ones (Slinky Dog, Space Mountain). Many were walkons once the regular guests cleared the queue.

For Jollywood:
SlinkyDog was long, but still much shorter than normal
TOT was 20 minutes, but I think the ride was down for a bit, since line was not moving for a while
The rest were walkons or near walkons.

For MK:
Space Mountain felt like a normal night honestly, especially after I left the attraction, and the line was extending quite a bit outside of the building. I assume the special christmas overlay was partly to blame.
Peter Pan was "longish" but still maybe a quarter of what you would normally have to wait.
Jingle Cruise was a maybe 15 minute wait.
No other ride really stood out, but obviously I didn't hit all of them, and times can change throughout the night.

The food lines for the special foods seemed long to me, and the character meets could be long depending on the character. Luckily our group was not interested in either.

The shows in Jollywood were not as bad as reported on the first night for us, so they must have made some changes.

Getting into the parties (check in) were generally not an issue, a small wait at Jollywood, and nearly no wait in MK (I was already in the park, so I used the in-park).

Last edited:
As far as rides go: we found RnRC to be the longest (but to be fair that was at the beginning of the party so that might be why). Everything else was short or walk on. Slinky was under 25 minutes. We did get a boarding group for RoTR but I don’t how long the virtual queue stayed open. Our intention with the party was to do the rides so we were not disappointed. And we loved seeing so many people in their fancy dresses and suits! If I had to do it again I would probably dress up.

I personally would have liked to see free popcorn/drinks though.

I also wanted to add, and I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but we were able to just do a walk up to Oga’s Cantina. We have never gone there before because of having to get a reservation as well as the limited food menu. Well we really enjoyed it when we attended Jollywood nights! While we don’t generally get adult beverages in the parks, we did gets some that night and they were quite good. My DD loved her fancy (alcohol-free) drink. I was so happy to finally experience it and do recommend it for partygoers that might have wanted to go but never had the chance to.

I’m going to Jollywood Nights in two weeks. I’ve got a reservation for brown derby at 750pm. If I arrive 5 min late (755pm) and order a cocktail and appetizer, will I then be able to enjoy some the event version of the restaurant (including ordering off the special menu)? Or will they make me leave before 830? I’ll have my lanyard so they’ll know I’m a party guest, but my reservation is before the party itself

We couldn’t pull the trigger on going to Jollywood. For me, the deal breaker was the limited time at the party compared to the other much better Christmas event that we also have booked for this trip.

If they allowed us to get into HS at 4pm and get the rides out of the way and then we could focus on the party at 7:30, we would’ve kept the tickets. So I called ticketing to discuss our options for moving our JN tix to regular day tix for the same day at Epcot. At first, they were pretty hard that this can only be switched to other special events but after our conversation and me explaining we really wanted to see the new festival and attractions at Epcot right now, they allowed me to move them. I think they’ve probably got a lot of negative calls and feedback asking for refunds, they were pleasant and understanding of my simple request. I couldn’t pull up my original order for JN tix but pretty sure I lost about $25ish dollars in the switch, although she told me it was the same price/conversion and I could tell she was all business. I was so surprised they allowed me to switch so I just left it at that and it was a quick transaction. Epcot tix updated & appeared in MDE before we were off the phone.

We went on Wednesday the 29th.
We did the first Muppets show at 8:30. It was really good. The entire arena was completely full.
After that, it was around 9:15 or so. We went on Rock'n Rollercoaster. No wait, instant walk on. Some of the Limo's weren't even full. We rode it back to back. The pre-show is running but the doors are open so you can walk past through it if you choose.
Did ToT next while my wife got drinks at the Tip Top Club. The pre-show is running and you'll have to watch it to continue. No lines for the elevators. Just have to wait for one to become available. It was about 20 minutes from walking into the que to walking out.
At the Tip Top Club, the 5th dimension drink was awesome. The Twilight Daiquiri was not. It was so sweet that it was undrinkable.
MMRR was about a 10 minute wait and you had to watch the pre show.
Slinky was about 25 minutes. Not bad.
Smugglers Run was a walk on, You spend more time walking the que line than anything. I wish they would have just opened the Lightning Lane and save a 5 minute walk.
We got in line for Duffy at around 11:45. We weren't sure we'd make it, but the CM said that as long as you were in line, your were guaranteed to meet him. We got to him around 12:25. They had just cut the line off then too.
Watched Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. I thought it was a huge disappointment in my opinion.
Just as a side note, we did pass a VIP tour (the same one twice) while at Jollywood.

We were at Jollywood on the 29th. It was a bit chilly, but otherwise we had a wonderful time.
- We‘re APs so we had a park reservation for DHS for that day and came early, avoiding the lines. Had a great dinner at Prime Time.
- Picked up our wristbands and lanyard at Launch Bay at about 7:30. Took about two minutes, no one else waiting.
- Did some quick shopping.
- Went to the first Muppets/Hollywood show, had no wait to sit down, plenty of seats. Enjoyed the show immensely.
- Visited Tip Top Club and listened to the band for a bit.
- Got the turkey popover from Fairfax Fare. But of a line. It only took maybe ten minutes tops.
- Stood in line to meet Pinocchio. Line was relatively short, and that took us about 15 minutes.
- Rode MMRR. Very short wait, really just the time it took to walk through the line.
- Rode Star Tours. Zero wait. Barely saw any other humans on it.
- look at Santa Stitch‘s line, and it looked too long to us. We could have waited, but it just wasn’t an investment of time we wanted to make.
- Heading to Toy Story Land, we stopped and met Edna Mode and Frozone. They meet there regularly I think so there was zero line, was quick and fun.
- Rode Toy Story Mania. Maybe a 10 minute wait.
- Rode Slinky Dog, again, maybe a 10 minute wait.
- Got in line to meet Jiminy Cricket. Only slightly longer than Pinocchio’s line was (Jiminy was the more popular of these two it seemed), total 20 minutes.
- visit Animation Courtyard and did the slowmo phot op. We saw the Fab Five meeting and it looked fun, but we felt like there are lots of opportunities to meet them and weren't worried about it.
- Watched Jingle Jam whatever it’s called I forget? We left a tiny bit early though to beat the rush.

We weren’t inteterested in the Brown Derby thing, for all I know it was hard to get into but we never checked, there did seem to be a long line right at the beginning. But other than that, he main thing is that DHS just wasn’t crowded. Nothing like MVMCP which we were at the night before. Crowd was really low, no long lines, everything nice and open. We enjoyed the music and the unique character meets, and had a terrific time. Some others might not feel the same but we loved it.

We went last night. I would not do it again. The food lines on Hollywood BlVd were very long, my son wanted something but gave up. We saw the first holiday show, thought it was ok but nothing special. There’s actually no point in Kermit & miss piggy being there for the opening & very briefly for the closing number. They’re not seen in between. Some of the instruments were ear shatteringly loud. The band was just finishing a set as we walked up to the tower of terror area. Line 20 or more deep to get into the store on Hollywood Blvd. There were no projections on Tower of Terror.

We were able to walk in Mickey & Minnie’s train. Jiminy was just starting, waited in line & was the last one to meet him, probably was at least 20 minutes in line, didn’t get the exact wait time. We went to Toy Story Mania & waited 30, yes 30 minutes. They were only loading 2 cars at a time. And doing it very slowly at that. The same CM who checked your restraint had to go back & start the vehicles. The walkways were pretty crowded in Hollywood & Toy Story Land. We left after the half hour wait for TS. Stopped at the Trolly Car Cafe for the ornament treat on the way out. They were in the case, but probably had a 12- 15 minute wait to get to a register to check out. We knew there was no boat back to YC, bus was the 2nd furthest away, solid 15 minutes for a bus. Then another wait as a dad who was furious there was no boat had to break down his “hard to collapse” stroller. He actually took the seats out, brought them into the bus separately then brought the frame on last. All in all, a less than pleasant experience.

There’s actually no point in Kermit & miss piggy being there for the opening & very briefly for the closing number. They’re not seen in between.
They did appear in a window on the right during the show.
Line 20 or more deep to get into the store on Hollywood Blvd.
If it was the same store selling the Jollywood Nights t-shirts, it moved fast.
There were no projections on Tower of Terror.
While we were waiting in line at Fairfax Fare, the Tower of Terror projections occurred. I don’t know if they ran them again.

We were also there last night. I did want a couple of character photos, but the lines were long and slow. We took magic shots instead. We had a nice time overall. Saw both stage shows. We did have park reservations so we were able to do a couple of rides late n the day with no waits.

They did appear in a window on the right during the show.

If it was the same store selling the Jollywood Nights t-shirts, it moved fast.

While we were waiting in line at Fairfax Fare, the Tower of Terror projections occurred. I don’t know if they ran them again.

We were also there last night. I did want a couple of character photos, but the lines were long and slow. We took magic shots instead. We had a nice time overall. Saw both stage shows. We did have park reservations so we were able to do a couple of rides late n the day with no waits.

We were on the right side, basically across from the control booth, so maybe they weren’t as easily seen from our angle. But in a window, not on the stage is kind of worthless IMO anyway. We looked for the projections before the show, after the show & twice later. Never saw them. Normal nights, they play all night, so expected it last night tool. They weren’t even playing before the event started. We entered the park about 5, had dinner & spent time in GE as well. Magic shots don’t interest us at all, so didn’t bother trying for those.

Seeing that only 2 cars were being used on Toy Story is what really aggravated me. The only track running was the one in Andy’s room. If they were only going to run 1 track, they should have at least used a bigger one.

My son & DIL did go to the Nightmare show & liked it. They also got some event foods from other areas later with less waits. They liked it better than my husband & I did. We love After Hours events & have been to them many times at MK & Epcot. I feel this event compared poorly to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter