Jollywood Nights

Thank you for this. I’m keeping my ticket to Jollywood because that sounds like a pleasant, relaxed evening to enjoy some rides and maybe some extra park atmosphere. If some of the kinks get worked out, great! If not, then more people will cancel/skip/switch/not buy tickets, and it may be more enjoyable that way.

From what I’m reading, my game plan to have a good time will be:

1. Plan to enter after 7:00 and pick up a wristband on the way into the park.
2. Eat something before the party. Then choose extra snacks/drinks at the party selectively based on lines, not need.
3. Get on the waitlist for HBD immediately at 8:15, and then go enjoy other things until called - whenever that is.
4. Plan to enjoy favorite rides with short lines. Tower of Terror with little/no wait? Yes!!! Multiple times? Yes!!!
5. Have a plan B if your virtual queue falls for RotR through. Walk in cocktail at Oga’s? Yes!!! Snack at Baseline? Yes!!!
6. Maybe stop by and check out the entertainment at ToT and Commissary Lane for as long as it’s fun. Skip the over sweet pre-mixed cocktails.
7. Temper expectations and go with the flow. If something doesn’t meet expectations or isn’t fun, do something else - like a ride or just enjoy a less crowded park.
8. Bring rain gear :umbrella: just in case.
9. Provide feedback to Disney about the experience and what could be improved.

Anything I missed?

No problem. I'm sure there will be some changes. Hopefully they can work out some of the kinks, but also keep the relaxed evening vibe as well. We were at a MK party a few nights before and it was much more crowded--or 'felt' more crowded.

Hopefully they take the feedback and make it better over the time of the event.
I doubt it - but you can hope.

It was the first one so I guess they can get cut some slack - but they are charging quite a bit so they really need to do better.

When the most positive streamers are having a tough time being positive and don't recommend the event you have a big problem.
I’ve seen this sentiment expressed several times - cut them slack, they can improve on the party, etc - but we’re not bloggers, we’re not locals, opening night was the only party that fit with our predetermined travel dates. I’m lucky in that I was at WDW last year, but for my husband it was his first time in five years and for our friends it was the first time back at WDW in nine years. We could have done a number of other things with our limited time but we bought into the promise of the party. I guess having walk on rides was a bonus, but we were in Hollywood Studios all day, had Genie+, and rode everything with minimal waits as it was - because we wanted to spend time in party events. *shrug* live and learn I suppose.

If Disney is going to charge $159 per person for a party, the party should be in its best state from day one. Do a dry run for media or cast members if necessary, or sell discounted/do a lottery for free tix for the first party so they can troubleshoot as necessary. But no, I’m not cutting them any slack :P

Last edited:
I’ve seen this sentiment expressed several times - cut them slack, they can improve on the party, etc - but we’re not bloggers, we’re not locals, opening night was the only party that fit with our predetermined travel dates. I’m lucky in that I was at WDW last year, but for my husband it was his first time in five years and for our friends it was the first time back at WDW in nine years.

If Disney is going to charge $159 per person for a party, the party should be in its best state from day one. Do a dry run for media or cast members if necessary, or sell discounted/do a lottery for free tix for the first party so they can troubleshoot as necessary. But no, I’m not cutting them any slack :P

I absolutely agree that they should do a media event prior to one with tickets sold to the general audience. That gives them an opportunity to correct issues before the official launch.

I’ve seen this sentiment expressed several times - cut them slack, they can improve on the party, etc - but we’re not bloggers, we’re not locals, opening night was the only party that fit with our predetermined travel dates. I’m lucky in that I was at WDW last year, but for my husband it was his first time in five years and for our friends it was the first time back at WDW in nine years.

I do agree with you - and I am in no way a Disney defender - there are not many left for the most part except the ones that seem to be paid.

If I had actually paid to go Id probably be a lot less forgiving - its easy to say cut them some slack when you have no intention of going

Last edited:

I absolutely agree that they should do a media event prior to one with tickets sold to the general audience. That gives them an opportunity to correct issues before the official launch.
Yeah that and maybe an employee event as well the same night. I assume they did no such thing.

The problem with media events - its never the same - they usually provide much better quality, stronger drinks etc...

Yeah that and maybe an employee event as well the same night. I assume they did no such thing.

The problem with media events - its never the same - they usually provide much better quality, stronger drinks etc...

Well, yeah, with CM's too maybe. They should really stress-test the thing. Maybe it shouldn't be the same as the media night. Either way, I can't imagine how they didn't see that coming.

We are in a wait and see place. If things improve for the next several Jollywood Nights, we will most likely still go. It is also our HS day, and I hope they fix the in-park wristband distribution issue.

We have tickets at the end of our trip for MVMCP; all parties are sold out that week. If things don't improve with JH, I am going to ask if we can switch to MVMCP early in our vacation, even if it's sold out. If not, we'll just hold the credit.

I cancelled my Jollywood Nights ticket for 11/18 and changed it to MVMCP. The Cast Member on the phone said a large number of Guests are doing this, so she did it for me without hesitation.

I'll be darned if I spend $100+ to stand in line for snacks and drinks for 4 hours and possibly a show or two. Sorry, but it just seems like a major flop.

We are in a wait and see place. If things improve for the next several Jollywood Nights, we will most likely still go. It is also our HS day, and I hope they fix the in-park wristband distribution issue.

We have tickets at the end of our trip for MVMCP; all parties are sold out that week. If things don't improve with JH, I am going to ask if we can switch to MVMCP early in our vacation, even if it's sold out. If not, we'll just hold the credit.

Yep, my plan is that if things don't seem to improve, I'll just leave the credit on my account for a future event. (already doing MVMCP another night next trip.)

I cancelled my Jollywood Nights ticket for 11/18 and changed it to MVMCP. The Cast Member on the phone said a large number of Guests are doing this, so she did it for me without hesitation.

I'll be darned if I spend $100+ to stand in line for snacks and drinks for 4 hours and possibly a show or two. Sorry, but it just seems like a major flop.
I hope more people do the same so that my night will be a lot less crowded.

legit just texted my wife the same thing lol

i think we will be there two week from tonight or maybe last night
I will be there Dec 6th. I am having dinner prior to the party and have no plans in paying extra money for snacks and drinks at all so that doesn't affect me at all. I am sure we will have a good time.

I will be there Dec 6th. I am having dinner prior to the party and have no plans in paying extra money for snacks and drinks at all so that doesn't affect me at all. I am sure we will have a good time.

It does seem like the food & beverage was the biggest issue, however when you tout them as a big part of the experience, they should be able to deliver. That Tip Top Club thing was pretty atrocious! That said, I'd probably also be more interested int eh rides and shows, and it may not have affected me.

I hope more people do the same so that my night will be a lot less crowded.
I understand your view, but Id still rather see them fix it.
One problem is they do seem to oversell these things - especially the first night as all the influences want to be there the first night and get their content out.

Bad drinks and crappy cookies - basically $1 a minute to attend.
The overlay at Brown Derby seems very minimal.
The club also seemed very minimal.
Smaller crowds wont help those things.

If your goal is the rides then that is fine, but lots of folks are going for the holiday experience and they are not providing a worthwhile product it seems.

One problem is they do seem to oversell these things - especially the first night as all the influences want to be there the first night and get their content out.

If your goal is the rides then that is fine, but lots of folks are going for the holiday experience and they are not providing a worthwhile product it seems.

My thoughts exactly.

What bugs me is that they knew exactly how many Guests had tickets for the night, and did not staff nearly enough Cast Members appropriately for the night. Four bartenders for the Tip Top club? Seriously?! Shame on whoever thought that would be enough. The lack of contingency plans in the event of rain was another disaster. I just find it borderline offensive that they are charging over $100 a ticket, with no backup entertainment in the event of inclement weather (and I am a local, so please don't tell me that it rains in Florida.... I know it does... but they needed a backup plan for the rain, and didn't have one).

Just my 2 cents.

My thoughts exactly.

What bugs me is that they knew exactly how many Guests had tickets for the night, and did not staff nearly enough Cast Members appropriately for the night. Four bartenders for the Tip Top club? Seriously?! Shame on whoever thought that would be enough. The lack of contingency plans in the event of rain was another disaster. I just find it borderline offensive that they are charging over $100 a ticket, with no backup entertainment in the event of inclement weather (and I am a local, so please don't tell me that it rains in Florida.... I know it does... but they needed a backup plan for the rain, and didn't have one).

Just my 2 cents.
Exactly! If anything, they should have way over staffed the first party and went from there to see where the needs were.

And yes!!!! Their rain contingency plan consists of rolling away the drink carts and packing up the bands. Maddening! :confused3

I have tickets for early December, so I have more time to wait and see. The draw for me was never the food/drinks. It's the rides and shows. I'm worried that the low wait times for rides isn't a proper assessment of what it will really be like. I think vloggers don't go to these parties for rides, they want to show the new stuff. So of course ride waits were low that first night. If they stay low, it will be worth it for us to go.

I have tickets for early December, so I have more time to wait and see. The draw for me was never the food/drinks. It's the rides and shows. I'm worried that the low wait times for rides isn't a proper assessment of what it will really be like. I think vloggers don't go to these parties for rides, they want to show the new stuff. So of course ride waits were low that first night. If they stay low, it will be worth it for us to go.
This has been on my mind too! I am interested to see how the party dynamics change as the partygoer demographic changes too.

Bad drinks and crappy cookies - basically $1 a minute to attend.
The overlay at Brown Derby seems very minimal.
The club also seemed very minimal.
Smaller crowds wont help those things.

of course I agree they should fix it but I guess with the cost of the party I don't really look at ways I can spend more money at the party on top of what I already spent and I am more inclined to look at what I get that's included with the party. The ability to by special food and drinks on top of the high cost I already pay doesn't make sense to me. Now if the food was included then I would pretty upset if I wasn't able to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter