Jollywood Nights

I know that Jazzy Holidays at the Brown Derby was a cluster but did anyone try just eating in the outdoor lounge? I may be misremembering but I thought one review I saw noted it was open and had the same specialty menu as inside but I'm curious if anyone here or any of our favorite media folks chose that over dining inside the restaurant and offered any insight?

I have fond memories of walking the backlot with "snow" coming down while looking at the Christmas lights that a family had donated. It's a shame that they aren't offering something like that at the party.
Yeah the Osborne Family Lights had become sort of a tradition for folks over the years.

I also remember when Mickey's Christmas party was a meal and a show - I forget where - but it was not in the parks.
I preferred that to what it is now, of course that was also back when the Disney food was pretty good.

of course I agree they should fix it but I guess with the cost of the party I don't really look at ways I can spend more money at the party on top of what I already spent and I am more inclined to look at what I get that's included with the party. The ability to by special food and drinks on top of the high cost I already pay doesn't make sense to me. Now if the food was included then I would pretty upset if I wasn't able to get it.
True - the included stuff has to be worth it and has to be good, you should not leave feeling ripped off.

Part of it is they made such a big deal about the other stuff and did not deliver.
Many folks were excited for the Tip Top club and were very disappointed.
Same for the Christmas Overlay at Brown Derby - which would not be of much interest to me.
There are also many folks who go to Disney all the time and the rides become secondary, they are there for something different.

Regardless most people leave disappointed then there is something wrong.

I wonder if the low ride waits were also due to the long lines for drinks and food. If there are several 45 minute drink and food lines, I'm sure that tied people up. Or, would those people be hanging out for the atmosphere of the party instead of riding rides??

I have fond memories of walking the backlot with "snow" coming down while looking at the Christmas lights that a family had donated. It's a shame that they aren't offering something like that at the party.
LOVED THEM! My family started going went it first started with the Osborne's lights, and watch it grow extensively with all that Disney built. It was our number one reason to go down at the holidays.

When they announced they were leaving DS#2 and I went down for one less immersion. I sat there on a curb forever just soaking it all in.

I haven't gone back for a December trip since they closed ... but DS#1 and I are heading down in a few weeks and I'm getting excited. 🎄 Thinking it might be the start to an annual December trip each year ~ and stopping our summer heat trips.

Yeah the Osborne Family Lights had become sort of a tradition for folks over the years.

I also remember when Mickey's Christmas party was a meal and a show - I forget where - but it was not in the parks.
I preferred that to what it is now, of course that was also back when the Disney food was pretty good.

True - the included stuff has to be worth it and has to be good, you should not leave feeling ripped off.

Part of it is they made such a big deal about the other stuff and did not deliver.
Many folks were excited for the Tip Top club and were very disappointed.
Same for the Christmas Overlay at Brown Derby - which would not be of much interest to me.
There are also many folks who go to Disney all the time and the rides become secondary, they are there for something different.

Regardless most people leave disappointed then there is something wrong.
I remember that show! It was in one of the ballrooms at the CR! And the Osborne Lights - they actually donated them to the GKTWV and they use them to decorate some of the buildings/houses there for a fundraiser over the holidays. It's pretty cool.

I know that Jazzy Holidays at the Brown Derby was a cluster but did anyone try just eating in the outdoor lounge? I may be misremembering but I thought one review I saw noted it was open and had the same specialty menu as inside but I'm curious if anyone here or any of our favorite media folks chose that over dining inside the restaurant and offered any insight?
We tried to get into the outdoor lounge, which if I recall correctly was offering its own speciality drinks but not the same menu as inside the restaurant. The line looked short but the wait - ye gods. We left after 20 minutes of not moving and no one checking on us or offering any information.

That is one thing I hope they improve. The communication was poor IMO. We weren’t given paper maps when we came in the front of the park and finally found one discarded on top of a trash can. No one was handing them out inside the park that we saw. There was minimal signage that I recall directing people to different experiences. The lines didn’t have wait estimations. We had no idea the boomerang magic shot was inside one of the buildings and I’m looking at the map now and can’t tell where it was. If you wanted to see Mickey and/or also Minnie, they shared the same photo op and you had to go back through the line and hope you got the character you wanted. Also, the map looks ritzy with gold and silver metallic printing but just try to read it at night in low light…

Also want to mention the number of guests was not the problem. The park itself wasn’t crowded at all. The issue was there wasn’t enough to do nor enough cast members to assist the people who were there, which meant the guests congregated in small, congested areas.

We went to MVMCP last night and had an awesome, wonderful time.

Hi all! So I have an inside source at the parks (a close friend's daughter who works exclusively with celebs who come to WDW), and she said Jollywood Nights is going to be incredible. She said between MnM's and this, she'd absolutely do this.

I just hope they add more dates, as the dates I'm there have none scheduled!
It was a great idea, poorly executed.

@HokieRaven5 shared this on the News thread

Walt Disney World Updates Reservation System for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby During Disney Jollywood Nights, Will Now Utilize a Mobile Walk-Up List

Walt Disney World Resort has updated the reservation system for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby, an experience offered exclusively during the Disney Jollywood Nights holiday event currently occurring on select nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios through December 20. The change comes following an initially challenging virtual queue system that prevented some guests from experiencing the offering.

Tables at The Hollywood Brown Derby will now be available during Disney Jollywood Nights on a first-come, first-served basis, with additional capacity opening up via a mobile walk-up list as the evening progresses. Walt Disney World Resort announced the alteration on their official website:

Tables will be available on a first-come, first-served basis until Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby reaches capacity for the first seating of the night, at which point we will open up additional capacity with a mobile walk-up list throughout the evening. The queue for the first-come, first-served seating will open close to the beginning of the event; seating is limited and we anticipate filling that seating quickly.
Once first-come, first-served seating has reached capacity, check availability to join the mobile walk-up list for this experience throughout Disney Jollywood Nights. Please enjoy the other holly-jolly activities Disney Jollywood Nights has to offer while you wait!
Walt Disney World Resort Website

The resort also detailed how the mobile walk-up list will function:

• Check availability for Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby via the [My Disney Experience] app — or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby.
  • If the walk-up list is full, then please check back later.
  • If there is availability, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list. At that time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests
  • Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.
Walt Disney World Resort Website

The Hollywood Brown Derby utilized a virtual queue system throughout the first offering of Disney Jollywood Nights on November 11 in anticipation of high demand and limited capacity. Guests had to be within close physical proximity of the restaurant to join the queue, and this, combined with demand, made joining the queue challenging once it ultimately opened.

The new system, in theory, eliminates these challenges. Guests who arrive early will be seated first, and once there is available capacity, guests eager to experience Jazzy Holidays at The Hollywood Brown Derby will be able to join the mobile walk-up list through their cell phones.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ent-of-fun-2023-edition.3905154/post-65159698

Even with the bad reviews thinking of doing the party on Monday 11/27.Main reason is to be able to ride the rides. Will all the rides be open? Will you be able to rent a scooter? We would plan on arriving at the 7pm mark. Hopefully someone will post on the Monday 11-20 night party

I went last night and had a great time. Didn't go to the first party but watched a lot of YouTube reviews. From what I can tell, Disney really worked hard to address all of the major issues. Lines were not crazy long and seemed to move quickly. Extra characters. More staff. It is still $$$ for only 4 hours but we had fun. I believe most attractions are operating ... the only one that I noted wasn't, was the Muppets 3D. I did see scooters but don't know if they were rented at the park.

One of my friends is going next week and wanted me to ask if they're doing LL during the party or not.

Thank you! I already knew about Rise but wasn't sure about the others so told her I'd ask to be sure.

I went last night and had a great time. Didn't go to the first party but watched a lot of YouTube reviews. From what I can tell, Disney really worked hard to address all of the major issues. Lines were not crazy long and seemed to move quickly. Extra characters. More staff. It is still $$$ for only 4 hours but we had fun. I believe most attractions are operating ... the only one that I noted wasn't, was the Muppets 3D. I did see scooters but don't know if they were rented at the park.
Thank you so much for the information about Muppets 3D!!! I have been reading reviews trying to see if it was open. The app information looked like it was closed for the party, but a few blogs had it listed as a ride that was open for the party.

We bought tickets because my little is crazy about the Muppets and planned to see the stage show and then watch Muppets 3D as many times as she wanted to. Bummer that it's not open! I'm really surprised that it's not, since the Muppet stage show is a main attraction for the party. 🤔 Does anyone know if there's a possibility of getting into Muppets 3D when they let party guests in at 7pm?

we went last week. Long day at DHS from 730am-1230am but it was a lot of funny and also super cold. The whats this show was incredible, jingle ball jingle jam is always fun, does suck its behind a paywall now. We didn't do the brown derby because we had lunch there. We did do rides but we did all the rides at least twice during the day since it was pretty dead so it was not a top priority I just really wanted to ride slinky dog at night. The Muppet show was good not great but enjoyable

There is def something there for a more "adult" disney after party that I think will improve upon in the future

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter