Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I feared what would be said on last night's show, I did not let my DD8 watch, plus I was gone to a meeting and she was busy being spoiled by grandma! But she saw the morning news this morning and we discussed it. BTW her father and I are going through a divorce right now, so I was not sure how she would take it. Her response was now, they are like me and my sisters. Then she said, but they just renewed their vows in Hawaii! At least you and Dad did not do that! (Maybe I should have pushed for a trip to Hawaii before I filed for divorce, lol)

I just feel sad for the kids, and I hope they focus their time on them. (I wish my ex could read this!)

the skill to running a family that size is have lots of help... paid and volunteer.

I wonder, on an average day (if there ever is such a thing :confused:), how much time Jon or/and Kate spend managing their household on their own, without help.

That's now, not when I started to watch the show. Even with help, it takes skill to make sure everything is going as it should IMO.

I'm coming in again to say that I watched last night. I nearly cried when I read the insert that they had filed for divorce yesterday. It's so sad...

I also wanted to add that I DO think Kate tried to save the marriage, but she wasn't willing to give up the show for it. I also think that it was too late for Jon, anyway. He checked out a long time ago.

He looks ignorant in those earrings. He made me sick to my stomach when I heard him say that he "was excited". I'm sorry. I just don't think that I would have said that to millions of viewers. He's a sorry-sack and Kate is just as bad.

I'm done with them. Adios, Jon & Kate.

luna - you are right. It is a big mess. I can't say that I blame one or the other for the meltdown of their marriage. They both contributed. Kate has not treated Jon well, Jon is acting like a teenager. Those poor kids.

As far as why Kate filed yesterday, I would have to guess it was financially related, to prevent Jon from spending marital assets without them being accounted for in the settlement, and to prevent Jon from putting Kate on the hook for his financial committments (ie the apartment in NYC).

Denae

That's now, not when I started to watch the show. Even with help, it takes skill to make sure everything is going as it should IMO.

they had volunteer help from the beginning. Kate has spoken of that many times.

I just can not see Kate making this an easy divorce. First, she couldn't even wait until a day after the "big announcement" aired to file. She went in the SAME DAY knowing that by the time it hit the blogs and tabloids, her show would be airing. That shows she is rather anxious.

Also, she has a long history of cutting people out of her and the kids lives. As soon as there is *******, she doesn't look in the mirror, and realize she may be wrong sometimes, she doesn't work through things, or maintain relationships and realize that sometimes there are things you just have to ignore about people. She just cuts them off. I can't see her doing any different with Jon. There is no way they are going to have holidays together and things that would make it nice for the kids. She is going to do everything in her power to have Jon there as little as possible. She is going to be estatic now, it will be the Kate plus 8 show. Now it is almost all about her.

I would bet money that in 10 years there will be tabloid reports of her cutting some of the children out of her life. When they are grown and doing anything she does not approve of or dating someone she doesn't like, she won't keep her mouth shut, she will write them off, one by one.

I absolutely agree. Jon will be cut out of their lives and it will be due to his 'activities' she will claim. I also agree she will eventually cut out a kid or five.

Watched the special last night (not a follower of all the Jon & Kate episodes just watched every now and then) and all I can say is

......how incredibly sad for those children.

Watched the 5 year birthday episode too and one of the little girls was sitting with Jon and he asked her if she missed him and she said "don't go away any more.":sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

and kate.. well, I don't know what I see in her future... she doesn't want to be alone? well, I can't imagine what guy would want to date her now after seeing how she treated jon on tv

I took that differently. I thought she meant she didn't want to be alone in the raising of their children...as in, they were in it together I never even thought of another man in her life.

I really wonder though if kate did come to jon and say "you know what? I was terrible to you.. I will try to change.. let's work it out.. let's quit the show".. would he take her back?

I thought in her vows (which may not have meant much, since the vows didn't end up meaning much) she had said she woudl try to be kinder, etc. As for the quit the show part, I wish someone would leak the contract, so we can see just how much money they do want to get out of it.

they had volunteer help from the beginning. Kate has spoken of that many times.

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the paid help they have now. Yes, they did have lots of volunteers when the tups were small, and some help as they grew, but even those have to be scheduled. I thought Kate was very organized, and I enjoyed watching her skills. Just watching them give breakfast, or getting ready for a trip was amazing to me. Not something I could pull off, figuring out what gets packed in the back, the bags and food for the trip, etc. for 10 people. I would have thrown everything in, and stopped at McDonalds. Over the years of postings, I was not alone in how well I thought she organized, with help or without it.

Kate from what we have seen does seem to cut people out of her life. It is Kate's way or the highway. I do believe she will cut Jon completely out of her life and not make an effort to co-parent, that is not her style. IMOP, her statement to People that she had to file yesterday because of Jon's actions over the weekend was her first of many temper tantrum outburst to come. I have grown to like Jon, maybe because I have 2 brothers and a husband. I can laugh at how guys are and I roll with the punches, not literally. Guys are guys and from what I know of the men in my life you can push them only so far and they generally will take it. But they do have a breaking point and I do not think Kate ever though Jon might have one. The kids will be better off as long as this show comes to an end, does not seem likely though.

Kate from what we have seen does seem to cut people out of her life. It is Kate's way or the highway. I do believe she will cut Jon completely out of her life and not make an effort to co-parent, that is not her style. IMOP, her statement to People that she had to file yesterday because of Jon's actions over the weekend was her first of many temper tantrum outburst to come. I have grown to like Jon, maybe because I have 2 brothers and a husband. I can laugh at how guys are and I roll with the punches, not literally. Guys are guys and from what I know of the men in my life you can push them only so far and they generally will take it. But they do have a breaking point and I do not think Kate ever though Jon might have one. The kids will be better off as long as this show comes to an end, does not seem likely though.

IMO that is not a fair assessment. There is no excuse for an affair and it was ongoing. It appeared to be "in your face" type of thing for her and it had to hurt. That's not him rolling with the punches. That's him walking all over a person (her). She didn't treat him well. But that doesn't excuse his behavior.

But notice that Jon has to get 23 year old party girls to date to find someone on his level!

Typical story of a man marrying a woman and when life and responsibilites change her he complains that she is not fun anymore and goes looking for his youth! UG! Sorry, but life and responsibilites/kids DO and should change you. It's called being a responsible adult!

Kate has treated him horribly throughout the course of this whole show. I also haven't seen Jon get a new haircut, chemical peels, and walk around with hundreds of dollars worth of clothing either. This obvioulsey was a loveless marraige and he wanted to explore other options. Yes divorce sucks, but it happens with 50% of Americans. And for people saying this will hurt the kids, it won't be the divorce but the continuing TLC covereage and Kate going on her "book" tours that will ultimatley hurt them.

IMO that is not a fair assessment. There is no excuse for an affair and it was ongoing. It appeared to be "in your face" type of thing for her and it had to hurt. That's not him rolling with the punches. That's him walking all over a person (her). She didn't treat him well. But that doesn't excuse his behavior.

I am not talking about the alleged affair, on her or his part, I am talking about about the 10 years of marriage. Affairs happen, I do believe a marriage can survie an affair. I do not know if either of them had one. I think if he did it would be from reaching his breaking point. He was not a habitual cheater, I believe you try not to get to that point, if you do work on the marriage.

I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the paid help they have now. Yes, they did have lots of volunteers when the tups were small, and some help as they grew, but even those have to be scheduled. I thought Kate was very organized, and I enjoyed watching her skills. Just watching them give breakfast, or getting ready for a trip was amazing to me. Not something I could pull off, figuring out what gets packed in the back, the bags and food for the trip, etc. for 10 people. I would have thrown everything in, and stopped at McDonalds. Over the years of postings, I was not alone in how well I thought she organized, with help or without it.

ITA. I'm not sure how anyone can say that she wasn't organized and didn't pull together everything. Yes, she had physical help with things, but just the mental organization she had with 8 kids...I definetely give her credit for. I only have 2, and I'm the planner/organizer of our family and it's gets exhausting at times, for me with only 2. I think that's definetely a huge strength that she had/has, whether you like her or not.

:eek::scared1: Wow...
I hate the "boys will be boys" excuse and this is just the same problem multiplied.
Men shouldn't "take so much" and then have a breaking point. I think right away men should speak up and set the precedence for their own treatment. I will agree that Jon did not do this at all (except for the episode where he said he liked it and it was their way of getting along) and he hit his breaking point. he hit that point when he found someone else's arms to run to also--never a good thing. Find yourself on your own and then allow another person into your life. The man has a lot of baggage no matter who he ends up with, that's for sure.

ITA. I'm not sure how anyone can say that she wasn't organized and didn't pull together everything. Yes, she had physical help with things, but just the mental organization she had with 8 kids...I definetely give her credit for. I only have 2, and I'm the planner/organizer of our family and it's gets exhausting at times, for me with only 2. I think that's definetely a huge strength that she had/has, whether you like her or not.

I agree, I was packing for a week at WDW for Dh & Our 3 kids and I wondered how she did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter