Jordan Caswell

melissa723

Mouseketeer
Jordan Caswell is an amazing violinist who we were lucky enough to have as a performer on our Fantasy cruise last year. Last I heard he was on the Dream, but that was a few month's back. Does anyone know what ship he's on now? We'll be on the Fantasy in August and would be amazed if he happened to be on there again.

Jordan Caswell is an amazing violinist who we were lucky enough to have as a performer on our Fantasy cruise last year. Last I heard he was on the Dream, but that was a few month's back. Does anyone know what ship he's on now? We'll be on the Fantasy in August and would be amazed if he happened to be on there again.

He was amazing. Unfortunately, he was terminated by Disney on the last day of our Fantasy cruise three weeks ago. He was scheduled to play on the last day and just vanished after playing all week - silently removed from the schedule. It left us all wondering what happened. He later said online that it was because he used a VPN to bypass Disney's controls and use the internet for free.

It is really unfortunate, because we sought him out several nights just to hear him, and when he played in the atrium, the crowd loved him. His interaction with the young guests was particularly great there, and in the adult clubs in the evenings, he was so fun and responsive to the crowd. Even a huge group of the 1820 crowd showed up just for him on several nights.

I was so sad to hear, because he was talking about how excited he was to be performing with Disney on their Mediterranean cruises this summer. I know cruise lines are notoriously hardcore and terminate easily with their no exception rules, but if that is truly all he did, Disney overreacted. I get the justification for making no exceptions to certain rules, but have a little humanity for a rule that didn't put any guests at risk or create potential liability for the company. Particularly if he was taught to do this by other cast members as he said. A warning would have corrected the problem and they wouldn't have lost a performer that would have been a consideration for us when making future bookings. As always, there could be more to the story. I am just saying that if his version is correct, I wish they would have been a little more lenient here.

Last edited:

I'm not shocked so much that there is no wiggle room on violating rules, but am surprised they don't give performers internet while on board. The use of VPN makes me wonder if it wasn't a question of the content he was trying to access... or more a fear of him messing around too much and harming the network, leading to unhappy paying guests. All in all sad to hear. :(

I'm not shocked so much that there is no wiggle room on violating rules, but am surprised they don't give performers internet while on board. The use of VPN makes me wonder if it wasn't a question of the content he was trying to access... or more a fear of him messing around too much and harming the network, leading to unhappy paying guests. All in all sad to hear. :(

Great points. It is surprising they wouldn't give performers internet. I always assumed the performers were treated a step above a regular employee, so I figured things like internet were a given. It seems like a pretty basic thing in today's world. It is sad all around.

He was amazing. Unfortunately, he was terminated by Disney on the last day of our Fantasy cruise three weeks ago. He was scheduled to play on the last day and just vanished after playing all week - silently removed from the schedule. It left us all wondering what happened. He later said online that it was because he used a VPN to bypass Disney's controls and use the internet for free.

It is really unfortunate, because we sought him out several nights just to hear him, and when he played in the atrium, the crowd loved him. His interaction with the young guests was particularly great there, and in the adult clubs in the evenings, he was so fun and responsive to the crowd. Even a huge group of the 1820 crowd showed up just for him on several nights.

I was so sad to hear, because he was talking about how excited he was to be performing with Disney on their Mediterranean cruises this summer. I know cruise lines are notoriously hardcore and terminate easily with their no exception rules, but if that is truly all he did, Disney overreacted. I get the justification for making no exceptions to certain rules, but have a little humanity for a rule that didn't put any guests at risk or create potential liability for the company. Particularly if he was taught to do this by other cast members as he said. A warning would have corrected the problem and they wouldn't have lost a performer that would have been a consideration for us when making future bookings. As always, there could be more to the story. I am just saying that if his version is correct, I wish they would have been a little more lenient here.
This makes me so sad! We heard him perform in the atrium on our first night and then followed him around every night after. He was truly an amazing artist and Disney should have at least given him a warning first, depending on the content he was trying to access. What a shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter