Josh D'Amaro claims recent positive changes not due to "leadership change"

Your idea differs from mine as does our age and health concerns.
If I want a beach vacation, I'd book a beach vacation or better yet toss some Epson salt in the tub and call it day.

I'm referring to a Disney vacation and the mere fact you have to get up so early in the am just to book a ride and if you happen to book a ride at 11am, that's pretty messed up. Why is that such a hard concept to follow?

You have a young child congrats that's awesome but our days of getting up early are done. What you're doing now, we've been there and done it many times over at Disney and other places and have had no complaints. None.

As stated before I doubt highly Iger and the dream team would ever consider getting up at 7am while on vacation to book a ride no matter where they vacation.
I get what you are saying. I wonder thought, how is waking up later and getting an 11am LL any different than missing rope drop and arriving later to 1+ hr lines? To me it's the same thing, you are choosing to miss LL rope drop, expecting to be allowed at the front of the line just because I chose to arrive later than everyone else and haven't gotten to ride anything yet is kinda strange imo. Maybe I'm not seeing something here.

Your idea differs from mine as does our age and health concerns.
If I want a beach vacation, I'd book a beach vacation or better yet toss some Epson salt in the tub and call it day.

I'm referring to a Disney vacation and the mere fact you have to get up so early in the am just to book a ride and if you happen to book a ride at 11am, that's pretty messed up. Why is that such a hard concept to follow?

You have a young child congrats that's awesome but our days of getting up early are done. What you're doing now, we've been there and done it many times over at Disney and other places and have had no complaints. None.

As stated before I doubt highly Iger and the dream team would ever consider getting up at 7am while on vacation to book a ride no matter where they vacation.
LOL. As I get older, I wake up earlier and earlier. Sleep less and less. I'm almost 60 and I will always already be up when the booking of rides start. And I will be in the park till late at nite closing them down. I just have to have a nap in between just like my kids did when they were little.

I get what you are saying. I wonder thought, how is waking up later and getting an 11am LL any different than missing rope drop and arriving later to 1+ hr lines? To me it's the same thing, you are choosing to miss LL rope drop, expecting to be allowed at the front of the line just because I chose to arrive later than everyone else and haven't gotten to ride anything yet is kinda strange imo. Maybe I'm not seeing something here.

Why can't the rides be tide to the ticket in advance. If Disney's main concern is park attendance and/or having enough employees at a specific park, I would think an advance pick a ride would be more useful. For those who love to rope drop that should never change. And for those who want extra rides via more $$ then that should be their option to purchase from Genie+

I don't know, I don't have the answers, and as Disney knows you can't please everyone but getting up at 6:40am, they need to find a better way.

Why can't the rides be tide to the ticket in advance. If Disney's main concern is park attendance and/or having enough employees at a specific park, I would think an advance pick a ride would be more useful. For those who love to rope drop that should never change. And for those who want extra rides via more $$ then that should be their option to purchase from Genie+

I don't know, I don't have the answers, and as Disney knows you can't please everyone but getting up at 6:40am, they need to find a better way.
They can't due to not enough ride capacity. It's part of the reason FP+ was killed.

The 7 AM thing is lunacy. I cannot figure out for the life of me why they won’t let people purchase Genie+ at booking, maybe for an extra large fee, and then sell excess capacity as available that morning at 7 AM. Based on the responses from these boards, MANY people would pay an extra amount to get this at booking.

The 7 AM thing is lunacy. I cannot figure out for the life of me why they won’t let people purchase Genie+ at booking, maybe for an extra large fee, and then sell excess capacity as available that morning at 7 AM. Based on the responses from these boards, MANY people would pay an extra amount to get this at booking.
They don't have the ride capacity to do that. There is only 2 solutions to fix Genie+. Either add more attractions, which isn't happening any time soon or price people out of having it.

Your idea differs from mine as does our age and health concerns. If I want a beach vacation, I'd book a beach vacation or better yet toss some Epson salt in the tub and call it day. I'm referring to a Disney vacation and the mere fact you have to get up so early in the am just to book a ride and if you happen to book a ride at 11am, that's pretty messed up. Why is that such a hard concept to follow? You have a young child congrats that's awesome but our days of getting up early are done. What you're doing now, we've been there and done it many times over at Disney and other places and have had no complaints. None. As stated before I doubt highly Iger and the dream team would ever consider getting up at 7am while on vacation to book a ride no matter where they vacation.

We have a 4, 7 and 10 yo and we don't get up any earlier than they wake us up. But we are able to do multiple weekends through out the year so we don't really plan and just do what we can. Oddly we still get to do plenty each time and have only bought genie + twice.

We have a 4, 7 and 10 yo and we don't get up any earlier than they wake us up. But we are able to do multiple weekends through out the year so we don't really plan and just do what we can. Oddly we still get to do plenty each time and have only bought genie + twice.

That's wonderful! I wish we had that kind of energy, really.

Pre-booking worked fine with FP+.
It worked fine for most people here because we knew what we were doing and booked ahead of time. My guess is there were plenty of complaints from the non-board-posting visitors who didn't know what was involved to get a FP+ for the headliners.

Even among board posters, there were plenty who got headliners but hated having to schedule rides 2 months in advance.

It worked fine for most people here because we knew what we were doing and booked ahead of time. My guess is there were plenty of complaints from the non-board-posting visitors who didn't know what was involved to get a FP+ for the headliners.

Even among board posters, there were plenty who got headliners but hated having to schedule rides 2 months in advance.
Yeah I didn’t like having to lock into place 60 days before we went which parks we were doing which days. We used to go in December and January, and it was nice to be able to decide when we got there which days we’d like to do water parks or pools based on the weather.

People ought to learn a little bit about where they're going on vacation before they get there (this isn't specific to Disney). FP+ wasn't hard to figure out.

People ought to learn a little bit about where they're going on vacation before they get there (this isn't specific to Disney). FP+ wasn't hard to figure out.
It wasn't but they were trying to level the playing field so everyone has equal chance at getting short waits. Either way they don't have enough attractions to make any of these systems work. IMO when they brought Genie+ in they should have went the Universal route

It wasn't but they were trying to level the playing field so everyone has equal chance at getting short waits. Either way they don't have enough attractions to make any of these systems work. IMO when they brought Genie+ in they should have went the Universal route
I've always been a fan of having an onsite advantage. There should be perks for that.

I agree with you but have always said it was how people would want it from a park going experience..meaning not everyone knowing it. Genie+ has been more publicized than FP+ and most of the on-site perks removed for that type of product (getting 7am vs park opening is a main one) but just using the product you no longer have to know so far in advance what the product actually is. And a lot of people incorrectly assumed (despite marketing all over saying otherwise) FP+ cost money.

With a more in your face product that Genie+ is there's more public awareness of it.

I agree with you but have always said it was how people would want it from a park going experience..meaning not everyone knowing it. Genie+ has been more publicized than FP+ and most of the on-site perks removed for that type of product (getting 7am vs park opening is a main one) but just using the product you no longer have to know so far in advance what the product actually is. And a lot of people incorrectly assumed (despite marketing all over saying otherwise) FP+ cost money.

With a more in your face product that Genie+ is there's more public awareness of it.
Back with paper fastpasses there were people who assumed it cost money and didn't use it. You can't fix stupid.

I'm just glad Iger is back and hope is shows up in the Golden Mickey's show when we are on the Wonder next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter