Journey back to ME!!- I'm getting bugged!!

goldcupmom

<font color=black>BL6 Black Team Co-captain<br> <f
Well, it's a New Year and I can't say I'm sorry that 2005 is over. I'm suffering from a food hangover from the last half of the year, but when I weighed this a.m. at least I'm down from last year this time.

So much has happened recently - updates for those who followed my old journal - feel free to skip!!

DS19 - went to court on 12/19 and it was dismissed as the lawyer had said. They still need a court date for a hearing to see if there needs to be a restraining order. Lawyer will try to get this a simple civil agreement to not contact each other. He still has no job - subject of much prayer! He is delivering phone books for some money - which MUST go on some bad check bills at least in part. I helped bag & did some much needed walking with the 1st route (he made almost $200) and he will pick up another tomorrow. If he can manage to do a total of 4 he will also get a $150 bonus. His car is still a lawn ornament.

DD - is now 14! Time is flying! For her Bday I took her and 5 friends to a HI Express where they swam, played video games, etc all night. Exhausting for me, fun for them. I watched 'Charlie Brown Christmas' 3 times and walked the halls keeping track of them all night. I did manage about 3 hours sleep in my adjoining room. Ate WAY too many of the soft chocolate mints at the front desk.

DS16 - dropped a bombshell on me on 12/7. As I was taking him to work on 12/6 - too cold for the cycle - he commented that he may not finish out the season of gymnastics. Later I talked to him and he explained that he does not want to go out of state to college, so doesn't need a gym scholarship, so why should he commit 2 more years, 30+hours/week. Said he was just thinking about it. Morning of 12/7 I asked for his Am. Hist. to submit while he was at work/gym and he said "Duh, I'm not going to gym any more" and that was it. 8.5 years of his life and he decided he was done. I was stunned. His reasoning is right - he wants to go to Pharmacy school and will need to work hard in college. He wants to do some normal teenage things before then. He can live at home and go for free here in NM w/ our Lottery scholarship for his undergrad. He is going to do ninjutsu and is going to work out at a gym. After all he has been thru with the "PITA" coach, I'm glad he left on his own terms. When he went to clean out his locker, the coach never even acknowledged his presence. It was sad.

DH - is still DH, or as DD would say ' grumpy old man'. Sad, but true. At present he has the upper respiratory virus DD had last week.

Me - I've put on a bunch of weight - stress eating is a major issue. But on the bright side, I'm less than I was a year ago. Since I'm no longer paying $250/mo gymnastics tuition + all the travel, we are joining Defined Fitness today ( if we had DH do a free week, we avoided a $55/person membership fee) DH has not gone once during his free week. He says he's not motivated to go and really doesn't want to. He is now at an all time high weight and it is concerning. Personally, I can't wait to go. DS16 and I will use it. DS19 will also be on our membership, but DD14 is too young. She is bummed. It is under 2 mi from my house and if I'm really ambitious, I could easily walk it. I am also going to start going back to WW meetings this week. Not sure what day/time as I don't really like any of my choices - that was the problem, in part, before.

I actually think I went into mourning when DS16 quit gym. It was a shock and truly a lifestyle change as I have also been very involved for the last 8.5 years coaching, doing all the travel arrangements, trips, running events, etc. But, it is time to move on and it is a very good move. He is growing up and beginning to look to the future.

So, I think this is the year for ME! I will still have to deal w/ DD's fencing, but that is not nearly as much. I think that as mom's we sometimes - oftentimes - put ourselves last and I know I've done that for MANY years. No regrets, but I always told myself that when my kids were older, I'd have time for me. Now is the time. DD recently asked me about things I like and like to do and I truly could not come up with things - I've basically lost myself in everyone else's lives.

I am planning to go to the gym 5 days/week. My plan is water aerobics 2-3 days, TM or other cardio, weights and maybe get adventuresome to try some other classes at some point. Using the pool and hot tub/steam room will really be a motivation for me. I'm going to try to focus on me, and not as much on everyone else. I have almost $500 in SW air credit(from already bought gymnastics trip tickets) that will expire in early April and I am hoping to go see my DSis in FL or have her come here. I'm going to Phoenix at the end of Jan w/ DD. I have a niece in IA getting married in June and may go to that. DH is going to OMNI hotel at Champion's gate in Orlando in July for a conference. He insists that we aren't all going, but he will soon learn. Yes, he has meetings most days, but their hotel rate is good for 3 days before and 3 after and they have several ' trips' set up - disney, NASA, beaches, keys, etc. This is all work? NOT!!! The week before, DD has fencing summer nationals is Atlanta, so we may have a long trip if I decide to take her.

So, I'm betting that this won't post - too long, but I'm going to copy before I try. More later......

Hi Julie! I'm kind of new to the WISH boards, but wanted to wish you luck. You have such a busy life! Congrats on taking time for you. I know I don't think to do that as much as I should.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress. :wave:

Happy New Year, Julie! :banana:

I am so glad that you are back. You were in my thoughts and prayers and very much missed. Glad to hear that some things are better with DS19, let's hope this year will open his eyes. As for DS16, I think he made a well thought out decision. I understand how shocking it was for you. My DD18 was in dance for 7+ yrs and when she decided to quit it was strange to not go to the competitions or have to fix costumes so they would fit, but her decision was based on not progressing any further due to the coaching. I have learned though that dance will always be a part of her life and she still loves it, but she made the right decision so that she could move forward with a real "career". It sounds like it will be the same for your DS16.

Isn't it strange to sit here at our age and wonder what exactly you like to do and wonder what your hobbies are? But I think that as the kids get older, sometimes we (moms) have to reevaluate our lives and figure out ways to become ourselves again so that we can function well as the children all begin to leave. I am glad that you are going to take the time to begin taking care of yourself and concentrating on the things you want out of life.

CONGRATS! on being smaller at the end of 2005 than you were at the end of 2004. This is a big win in my book and something that I came to realize about myself last night. Doesn't it feel great? Here is to being smaller by the end of 2006!

I really hope that you have a good day and if you get to IA, give me a call. ;) ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

So far today, 4.5 pts in sandwich, 32 oz decaf tea and a 3 hour NAP!! DS16 went to a party with youth group last night and got in at 3:30 a.m. By the time I settled the pups on the sofa bed downstairs (DH is sick and I don't want it) it was after 4 and they woke me up at 6:30. I'm TIRED!!!!

As soon as DS19 is ready we're headed to get the ID's made for the health club.

I have no idea what we will have for dinner, but I'm not randomly opening the fridge or pantry and eating today, so it's a start. Usually when I'm tired all I want to do is eat.

6:45 p.m. - So far, so good. I'm at 60 oz for water and still have a long evening to go. Plus, I had soy sauce on my Chinese so I'm on sodium overload.

Couldn't get passes - Defined fitness was closed. Will have to go in the morning.

DH wanted Chinese for dinner, so I went and picked up. I had steamed rice and veg/tofu - I'm guessing about 10 pts, so I still have a lot left today. I will NOT give in to the boxes of cookies, bags of candy or the cheesecake in the fridge! I baked Christmas cookies for the first time in 5 years - ate too many, and then people started getting sick, so they are still here. They may have to become occasional treats for my Lab.

Tomorrow will be busy - DH will likely need to go to Dr. DD has choir practice even tho no school. DS16 works, but they didn't get the schedule posted so he has to be up at 4:15 a.m. just in case. DS19 needs us to take him to get another load of phone books and then I will help him bag. They aren't light - each house gets 4 big books. I really hope to get to the gym, but more likely on Tuesday.

I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight as I'm running on empty, so I may stay really low on points today. It certainly won't hurt me. I'm off to do DS16's work laundry and then hopefully to bed not long after. I will try to catch up on journals later this week. I sure have missed you all!

Happy New Year!

9 p.m. -

add 4 pts for a couple of rice krispie type cookies and my water is now 80 oz. I'll have a bit more before bed.

Total pts today - 19/24.

All the running is done and I've gotten my ID for the gym. I've had 64 oz water so far.

Breakfast was starbucks (6) Lunch a roll up (4) snack celery and french onion laughing cow cheese (1) Dinner will be leftover chinese.

Tomorrow I have my first visit w/ a trainer. Should be interesting.

I'm hoping I'm not getting the stuff DH and DD have had, but I've had a killer headache all day.

DS19 got a 2nd phone book route - our neighborhood, so this one should go fairly quickly if he gets busy. Hopefully.

SW just dinged me w/ $49 tics to Tampa. But only thru 2/15. I wish I could go, but DD hasn't got a break before then. BUMMER!!!!!! She has 1/16 off, but there's nothing available or we would be out of here!!

I'll check in later...

Welcome Back Julie! :hug:

I love your new journal title! It sounds like you are ready for an amazing year for you! :teeth:

I'm sending some extra strength :wizard: your way to ward off sickness. I hope that your headache goes away soon.

Take care Julie! :goodvibes

Today we start back to routine. DH back at work, DD at school and DS16 working on school. I won't do Ebay for at least a couple of weeks yet.

84 oz water yesterday. Dinner was leftover chinese (10) so total points was 21. The headache got progressively worse and I then the chinese food or something hit me and I was sick from about 5 - 1 a.m. I sprayed my bed w/ lysol and made DH go downstairs to sleep. I havent gotten more than 4 hrs/night most of the last week and it was catching up. the Sofa bed is next to DS19 room and although he is quiet when he wanders (he's a night owl) it wakes the dogs, which wakes me. I at least got almost 6 hours last night so a bit better. Unfortunately, I'm feeling like I may be getting what DH and DD had. Hopefully not.

This morning I have to get gas, take DS16 to pick up his cycle - new rear tire put on, buy a lock before I go to the gym. Trainer session @ 10:30. Then home to take DS19 to deliver phone books. In between, I need to do some Ebay bookkeeping and start getting the house back together a bit.

No clue on food today. Breakfast will be EggBeaters if I have any, or oatmeal. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

I need to start organizing my week/month and working on the me time I've promised. First on my list behind gym is getting my part of the bathroom/bedroom organized as anything anyone doesn't know what to do with, suddenly becomes mine and is pitched in those 2 places.

Have a good day all!

Looks like things are calming down for you a bit. I really hope that you don't catch what everyone else has.

I hear you on the organizing of your bedroom. The same thing happens here. If they don't know what to do with something, it goes either to my bedroom or to my office. I suppose to some degree it is my fault as well, since I could insist on having them put it away properly or deal with it. Hmmmmmm............You have given me some inspriation. Thanks! But you are right, it is hard to concentrate on making some time for you when part of your house is chaos.

I hope you have a really good day today! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

I did have EggB and ww tortillas for breakfast(4). Done w/ 20 oz water.

You know, Lesli, getting them to take proper care of things almost never works here on this type stuff - it is harder to get that done than to just do it myself. Would that it would be different!

I'm going to start with the bathroom and work out. I'm getting a new Washer/Dryer the 16th so I will actually be able to wash large rugs now. My washer is Ok, but my dryer is 17 yrs old and takes forever to dry things to 'not soaking'. I splurged and got the Kenmore huge front loads w/ base drawers. I even got ORANGE! Hopefully they will last a LONG time!!

Off to gather my stuff for the gym and haul DS16.

Well, I went for my gym orientation. 1 hour of weights. I will feel it tomorrow. Got my phone out of the locker and there was a message from the Breast imaging center. My mammogram was 'abnormal' - said there was a 'significant area' of tissue that was different from the other tissue. So, I go back for "at least an hour and a half" on the 11th for further testing.

Scared? You bet. I am trying not to panic. Much prayer is needed. This is not how I wanted to begin the new year.

Gotta run, but I'll be back later.

Lunch so far is a Revival soy shake (2). Not sure what else I'll have. Don't feel much like eating, but really want all the junk food laying around. Gee, I wonder why.......Stress????? I will not give in , I will not give in, I will not panic, I will not give in.

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about the mammogram, but it is good they are looking into it. I know it is scary, but for right now it is "just" abnormal, so wait to hear the final report. Take care. I've never had a mammogram yet, but probably should. I am just so chicken! You are doing the right thing by keeping on top of health issues.
The gym sounds great. Keep it up.
It must be such a change with DH not being in gymnastics anymore. I remember the pix of him at Universal. It was amazing. My DD does figure skating and it is so easy to become so invovled in that. It would be a feeling of withdrawal if she quit.

:grouphug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Sending you much prayer and pixie dust as you wait for the final results. I know that it is hard, but in the meantime, TRY to keep yourself active so that you have less time to worry.

Take care. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Just had a small banana w/ a taste of lt pb (3).
Still no clue what I'll fix for dinner as I know we have to take DS19 out to deliver phone books, and I'm tired and somewhat stressed.

6 p.m. - Dinner was baked potato(3), grilled chicken strip(3), ff cheese(2) which puts me at 17 for the day. Don't know what if more I'll have.

DS16 starts Ninjutsu tonight and I'll likely help DS19 bag some phonebooks.

Julie - :wizard: :grouphug: on getting a clean bill of health on your testing. I let life get in the way of having annual mamograms (even after my mother had breast cancer) for about 4 years. When I finally had one last Dec they also found so areas they didn't like the look of. I had to go back for additional testing and everything turned out okay. I had to go back every 4 months last year and will hopefully cut back to twice a year for this year.

I hope your results turn out the same way. My girls and myself do the Susan B Komen Race for the Cure every year we can schedule it in. Last year we did it at WDW Animal Kingdom over Columbus Weekend. That is one charity we feel uses the money for research instead administrative costs.

Good luck and try not to worry too much. Exercising helps to lessen the stress level (for a short time).

Thanks for the support, y'all! I need it. I don't think I'd be so stressed about it if I had support here at home, but I truly have no friends to speak of, DH isn't supportive, and the nearest family that would care is my sister in FL and her daughters who just got through my DSis breast cancer (she was given a clean bill of health, thankfully). I do have all of you, however! :sunny:

I am starting to feel my workout today. OUCH!!! If I can 'get it together' I think I'll try to do a water class at 10:15 a.m. I saw part of the earlier one today and it truly looked like it was the over 65 set, but they can't scare me!!! I was told today that a couple of the major medical ins. here just made health clubs FREE for 65+, so it was pretty busy.

I also would like to use the steam room and whirlpool which I intended to today, but the Dr. call put a damper on that.

I need to find a snack and get to bed. Very tired, which won't help my emotions or my active imagination. Optimism has never been my strong suit, but I'm working on it.

Julie - My prayers are with you as you wait for testing...the wait is awful - do you or don't you have it? Are you okay or do you need to change things? :grouphug: All you can do is focus on today and right now - and right now you need to drink some water! :rotfl2: Lots of changes in your life and it's great that you're focusing on positive things you can do for yourself and your health. Great job! :cheer2:

Up and moving....wish I could say the same for DS19 who needs to be delivering phonebooks. He has almost 600 to finish before Friday and he's going SO SLOWLY on this bunch!

Breakfast is a Kashi Bar (5) and decaf tea, not sure about lunch or dinner yet.

I'm going to try to go to the water class in a bit, but not sure. Also need to get to Sams for gas - I'm way on E, bread store and Petsmart as Mia bit thru her harness. Sometime today I need to sit and pay bills and do some leftover Ebay stuff from before the Holidays.

DS19 goes back to court tomorrow at 1:15 to see if a restraining order is needed. Lawyer will try to make it just a civil agreement.

So far the only part of me sore from yesterday is my quads from squats. I imagine I'll feel the upper body tomorrow.

Praying hard that all is good news next Wed. I'm trying not to stress, but it ain't easy!!

Well, I went to the water fitness class - I was at least 15 - 20 years younger than the youngest there. About 30 - 40 people. They were RUDE to me. Worse than the blue hairs at the mall. I was stunned. It was not an easy workout and most of them just stood there the whole time. Kind of sad. I really don't want to go in the evening as DD can't and I usually spend my time with her, but.......

Lunch Keva (5). So far I've had 32 oz water, 60 min exercise.

Trying to stay positive.

2:20 - revival soy shake (2) - so I'm at 12 for the day so far. Just took DS19 to deliver a whopping 67 houses. He is SO SLOW!!!

Ok, I was planning on going back to WW tomorrow - buying a special 17 wk pass that is only $9/week, but it expires in 17 wks.

My dilema is now with the 'unknown' looming before me, I'm tempted to not go back as if the news is Cancer, things would likely progress quickly toward treatment, and I can't imagine making it to WW. Otherwise, I really want to go back. Guess I'll pray about it and decide in the morning. I hate thinking this way...

5:30 p.m. - dinner quesadilla ww tortillas, salsa & ff chz (6)

8 p.m. - 84 oz water so far today. I'm home alone and feeling rather fearsome and blue. My imagination is running double time. Not good to have too much time to think right now.

I'm sending lots of :wizard: your way. I'm praying for good news, but if it's bad news I know you'll get through it--one day at a time.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter