" Journey Into Imagination: The Tragic Tale of Disney's Lost Attraction Masterpiece" article

It was a lovely attraction, it's now a "meh" attraction. Funny how some things linger way past their shelf date (Stich, Country Bears) and other more worthwhile attractions are whisked away (Horizons, JII, World Of Motion.) I'm not one to complain, so I'll just ponder...:earsboy:

It was a lovely attraction, it's now a "meh" attraction. Funny how some things linger way past their shelf date (Stich, Country Bears) and other more worthwhile attractions are whisked away (Horizons, JII, World Of Motion.) I'm not one to complain, so I'll just ponder...:earsboy:

It was one of my all-time favorite attractions as a child. I still have my Figment T-shirt circa 1987 and my stuffed animal ;) Gotta disagree on Country Bears--I will forever love their rendition of "On the Road Again" lol. Want to know what I think is sorely missing from Epcot? Kitchen Kabaret!!!

Hey, I don't hate on the bears, but I think the extinct Epcot attractions were all superior to it. With respect to Kitchen Kabaret...Food Rocks! We bought the first official MK/Epcot CD and Veggie Fruit Fruit is considered a classic in this house.

Hey, I don't hate on the bears, but I think the extinct Epcot attractions were all superior to it. With respect to Kitchen Kabaret...Food Rocks! We bought the first official MK/Epcot CD and Veggie Fruit Fruit is considered a classic in this house.

Indeed, "Food Rocks!" :-) I loved them both! I also miss "Body Wars," but perhaps I'm just nostalgic for a youth that has passed lol

I miss so many rides...beyond those at Epcot, but I think Epcot has the most I miss! However, the Magic Kingdom's Skyway, 20000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride offer stiff competition!

Okay, so maybe MK has one or two more ;)

Epcot was pretty amazing once upon a time. I don't even know what to say about its current state.

I will be taking my husband for his first WDW trip ever (he's always let me and the oldest go alone for financial reasons, and I went around 10 times as a child), and I'm sad for him to see Epcot in its current state. Soarin' might be my favorite ride since Space Mountain as a kid, but darn if the rest of it hasn't fallen into...a less than imaginative state...

Indeed, "Food Rocks!" :-) I loved them both! I also miss "Body Wars," but perhaps I'm just nostalgic for a youth that has passed lol

I was never "young" after Epcot opened. Body Wars was cool, I really wanted to love it, but that attraction tested my motion sickness tolerance. I was able to maintain the contents of my stomach...but it was close a time or two.:scared:

Personally, as much as I LOVE all that is WDW, I think Epcot and HS need a major overhaul. I love MK and AK as is, so any additions there would be a welcome bonus to me.

I will be taking my husband for his first WDW trip ever (he's always let me and the oldest go alone for financial reasons, and I went around 10 times as a child), and I'm sad for him to see Epcot in its current state. Soarin' might be my favorite ride since Space Mountain as a kid, but darn if the rest of it hasn't fallen into...a less than imaginative state...
I agree. I like Test Track and the going-up part of Spaceship Earth and aquariums in the Living Seas (we skip the ride) and... ? I can't stand Mission Space which is particularly maddening because I was an Horizons fanatic. And who knows where they're headed with World Showcase? I say enjoy it while you can!

Epcot was pretty amazing once upon a time. I don't even know what to say about its current state.

I think Epcot is still nice, but it could use some TLC. Maybe a LOT of TLC. It's probably low priority for Disney as WS restaurants must drive crazy busy traffic. Maybe WS is ok for a while, but FW...yeah, it needs some help. :earsboy:

I agree. I like Test Track and the going-up part of Spaceship Earth and aquariums in the Living Seas (we skip the ride) and... ? I can't stand Mission Space which is particularly maddening because I was an Horizons fanatic. And who knows where they're headed with World Showcase? I say enjoy it while you can!

Totally agree! Who knows where WS is going! I still love Living With the Land too. Those greenhouses have always fascinated me. And I love the history behind Spaceship Earth. I'm excited for him to see that too. I just wish he could have seen Epcot in its "glory day."

I think Epcot is still nice, but it could use some TLC. Maybe a LOT of TLC. It's probably low priority for Disney as WS restaurants must drive crazy busy traffic. Maybe WS is ok for a while, but FW...yeah, it needs some help. :earsboy:

Agreed! FW was once so...cool...and revolutionary

I figure I'm not the only one who would enjoy this read...

http://www.****************.com/fea...le-disneys-lost-attraction-masterpiece?page=4

Thanks for sharing this! :)
I really enjoyed reading it, even though it made me a little sad. IMO the original Journey Into Imagination was so much better than the current one. I thankfully never experienced the in-between version. Plus the original Imageworks with the rainbow tunnel, pin tables, etc was far superior to what they have now. I thought the back-story of The Land pavilion was interesting, too. The hot-air balloon ride would have been so cool!
I agree with the idea of changing Journey back to the original, but with modernization. Bring back Dreamfinder and reopen Imageworks upstairs! :figment:

Thanks for sharing this! :)
I really enjoyed reading it, even though it made me a little sad. IMO the original Journey Into Imagination was so much better than the current one. I thankfully never experienced the in-between version. Plus the original Imageworks with the rainbow tunnel, pin tables, etc was far superior to what they have now. I thought the back-story of The Land pavilion was interesting, too. The hot-air balloon ride would have been so cool!
I agree with the idea of changing Journey back to the original, but with modernization. Bring back Dreamfinder and reopen Imageworks upstairs! :figment:

I loved that rainbow tunne!

My theory is that the Internet killed epcot
can see where you're coming from. Believe you or someone else mentioned it in another thread, that WS lost some of its luster when you could simply google said country, and immerse yourself in tons of information without leaving your home. Likewise with future world, where you could simply look into technology on your own time rather than spending hundreds on air fare and park tickets to experience Ellen's Energy Debacle.

Obviously theres other factors, the major being TDO has seemingly thrown in the towel when trying to keep future world fresh or frankly even keeping half the pavilions open at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter