July’s Journeys - July 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the July 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread: Let’s see where July’s Journeys take us!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOOHOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY

SELF-CARE SUNDAY

July 4-10: Summer
July 11-17:
July 18-24: PollyannaMom
July 25-31:

8501B127-88C5-46E9-81A0-9475CA76B76C.jpeg

Last edited:

976A96EC-8621-4F85-ABB9-3C7633B01B8C.jpeg
Let’s play a game!

WHAT IS ON YOUR PHONE?

1 point:
-20+ photos on camera roll
-in a protective case
-Facebook app
-50%+ battery life

2 points:
-100+ photos on camera roll
-screensaver is a photo
-screen is not cracked
-Pinterest app

5 points:
-ringtone is a song
-Instagram app
-2+ game apps
-250+ photos on camera roll

Add up your answers. The highest score wins!!!

View attachment 681026
Let’s play a game!

WHAT IS ON YOUR PHONE?

1 point:
-in a protective case
-Facebook app
-50%+ battery life

2 points:
-screensaver is a photo
-screen is not cracked
-Pinterest app

5 points:
-ringtone is a song
-Instagram app
-2+ game apps

Score: 22

Intro:
I'm Summer, 57.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 63 & DD 24.
Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school who is currently on SUMMER BREAK!!!:sunny:
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.

July 2022 Goals...Continue to lose weight using NOOM, 26 down, 56 to go; walk & swim daily; forgive my missteps, learn from my mistakes, be flexible, and handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

Intro: Nicole, 51
Living with: DH and DS (21, home for the summer from college in Maine)
Pets: 2 cats, 4 fish, and DS's leopard gecko
Former jobs: mutual fund accounting, substitute teaching
Hobbies: reading, photography, scrapbooking
Summer project: decluttering!
WISH goals: slowly lose a little weight, keep up with my walking routine, and find something resembling strength training that isn't totally boring

Social Saturday Score: 23

Intro
Shannon just south of 40
Living in RI with DH, DS9, DS7 and DD
Business analyst for a bank
Hobbies reading and thats pretty much all I have time for
WISH goal for this summer are toning up the currently jiggly areas

Social Saturday score 16...my phone is legit a camera that texts

Been a frustrating few days. DD was doing well with potty training but was backed up so queue some probiotocs...well they worked too well so we had to stop them. But now poor thing has an awful case of diaper rash and we are back to square one with training. It's been a couple days where it doesn't feel like I can do anything right you know? Trying to work on self care numbers 9 and 10 right now.

Intro
Shannon just south of 40
Living in RI with DH, DS9, DS7 and DD
Business analyst for a bank
Hobbies reading and thats pretty much all I have time for
WISH goal for this summer are toning up the currently jiggly areas

Social Saturday score 16...my phone is legit a camera that texts

Been a frustrating few days. DD was doing well with potty training but was backed up so queue some probiotocs...well they worked too well so we had to stop them. But now poor thing has an awful case of diaper rash and we are back to square one with training. It's been a couple days where it doesn't feel like I can do anything right you know? Trying to work on self care numbers 9 and 10 right now.
I feel your pain with toilet training. Here I was, an early childhood expert who tried every trick in the book and couldn’t toilet train her own toddler. She did well for a while until she got a stomach bug then wouldn’t go near the potty. We tried the entire summer before she started preschool with no success. It took my friend, aka DD’s PreK-3 teacher, to do it for me. At age 2.5, DD wet her pants on the first day of PreK-3, and was embarrassed because all of her classmates were potty trained. She never wet her pants again!

Best of luck!

I feel your pain with toilet training.

Best of luck!

Thanks
Both the DSs were late trainers. Was thinking she was going to be different since she noticed being wet/messy and didn't like it but this situation has thrown a serious wrench into things. And I know training Littles with communications delays can be difficult in and of itself.
Hopefully the effects of the probiotics will wear off quickly and then we can start over 🤞🙏

I'm Linda, an empty-nester from the Pacific Northwest.

July is the best month ever--just because it is the only month I don't work!!! So we are doing a lot of traveling this month. The first trip starts Friday. Can't wait.

Yesterday both DSs were here for dinner--can't remember the last time that happened--well, DS2's college graduation I guess. Then, as now, one spouse was missing. DS1 even spent the night. His wife is in a wedding today and yesterday was the rehearsal. Apparently the bridal party is sleeping at his house!

Had a lovely walk after dinner--needed it because we had bacon burgers and fries from DH's favorite place!

Goals this month are the same as always--just keep plodding along with healthy choices.

So yesterday we had a 4th of July party. It was a lot of fun, and I most certainly overindulged in both food and cocktails. There's so many treats in my house brought by our guests. Ugh!!!

Today is about recovery from yesterday and getting back on track with healthy eating and drinking water...lots of water!

View attachment 681026
Let’s play a game!

WHAT IS ON YOUR PHONE?

1 point:
-in a protective case
-Facebook app
-50%+ battery life

2 points:
-screensaver is a photo
-screen is not cracked
-Pinterest app

5 points:
-ringtone is a song
-Instagram app
-2+ game apps

A little late, but 23.

Hello I'm Lizanne...
... a single lady living in Seattle.
... I have two very silly girl kitties who have both just recently turned 2 years old.
... I work as a Technical Program Manager, so I manage work but not people (yah!)
... for hobbies anything that keeps my hands busy and my mind calm. That is usually knitting, but I am thinking of getting my watercolors out and playing around with them.
... my big summer project is still cleaning out the basement, ugh! I plan on getting back to a weekly drop off at Goodwill and want to make at least two trips to the dump in July.
... other July healthy living goals - still to lose 5 pounds and still to increase my daily step counts, plus to get back to logging my foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter