July 2017 car rental thread

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
I can't find a July rental thread when I use the search engine so....

I just got a mini van with Enterprise from 7/12 to 7/19 for $289 all in through Costco's site. Didn't feel that it was that outrageous of a price. :car:

We made a few reservations for July 1-11. We have a mini van that seats 7 for $445 through Enterprise and a mini van that seats 8 for $489 though Enterprise (all through Costco). There will be 6 of us and my MIL uses a larger sized scooter, so thought maybe the van that seats 8 would be worth it because we are moving hotels a few times. Overall, not horrible prices.

Weekly beginning July 2nd, way too high for my liking thus far but wanted to book placeholders since the holiday. Rates include surcharge for FF miles.

Alamo-midsize/APH corporate code/$25 coupon AD3868JST = $192

Dollar-midsize/thru Ebates for 4% rebate/AAA corporate code-free spouse = $202

Last edited:
I was able to book with my Emerald Club with one free day for Emerald Aisle for 7/2 - 7/6 for $137. Not great, but I'll take it.

booked 7 passenger mini van 7-1 thru 7-9 pick up in Orlando and drop off in Tampa thru Alamo - 383.82 used the passholder corp rate (15000) and the $25.00 off code (Ad3858JST)

Last year we paid about $250, but the prices I'm seeing for our upcoming trip are $428-470. It's still early, but I am hoping they come down significantly.

The Alamo codes I've tried are AD3858JST ($25 off) and AU2291VYT (free upgrade), plus the Costco ID.

I booked Alamo thru Costco Travel July 8-15 for $245 for standard size. Seems like a decent rate. Of course I will keep on checking for a lower rate.

Just booked with Dollar July 27 to Aug 2. $267 mid-size all in thru BJ's website. It's not great but others I've seen are $300 or higher. I'll keep looking. It's early.

I have an Alamo reservation for Tues 7/25-Sat 7/29. Free upgrade through Alamo, $195 tax included. I think it's outrageous, but I am glad I grabbed it as prices now are higher. They really stick it to you if you aren't staying over on Saturday night. We are 2 nights at AKL and 2 nights in Cocoa Beach. I've considered doing just a 2 day rental and using DME for the AKL stay, but it's about the same cost for 2 days as it is for 4! Checking multiple times a day, hoping prices come down as time grows closer (hahahahaha!). I might try Priceline if it doesn't get better, but not until at least 7/20!

I have an Alamo reservation for Tues 7/25-Sat 7/29. Free upgrade through Alamo, $195 tax included. I think it's outrageous, but I am glad I grabbed it as prices now are higher. They really stick it to you if you aren't staying over on Saturday night. We are 2 nights at AKL and 2 nights in Cocoa Beach. I've considered doing just a 2 day rental and using DME for the AKL stay, but it's about the same cost for 2 days as it is for 4! Checking multiple times a day, hoping prices come down as time grows closer (hahahahaha!). I might try Priceline if it doesn't get better, but not until at least 7/20!
Wow good rate. Code? I just looked and it's over $300 for my dates 7/27-8/2

Wow good rate. Code? I just looked and it's over $300 for my dates 7/27-8/2

Sorry, I don't know the code. It was a "free upgrade" email from Alamo, although I added my BJs code to the reservation form. I have a "standard" size car reserved, which was upgraded from midsize.

This thread has so few posts, I'm beginning to think no one is going in July!! :) We are looking for a car for 7/19 - 7/26, and so far they are outrageous (almost $400 with code from Alamo for a midsize). Hoping they start dropping soon.

We are going, but we get there at the end of June. We had booked early and got a decent rate, but our days have just went up and up. I'm hoping they have minivans in the full size spot for Alamo though!

We'll be there from 7/8-7/24.

I currently am booked for a Standard at $443. It's going to kill me to pay that much for a rental.

This thread has so few posts, I'm beginning to think no one is going in July!! :) We are looking for a car for 7/19 - 7/26, and so far they are outrageous (almost $400 with code from Alamo for a midsize). Hoping they start dropping soon.

Or people have given up & are using ME

Glad i booked when i did even thought it seemed awfully expensive at the time.

For the first time for me, just now an auto-slash alert came in under my lowest quote for week starting July 1st, rate also good for week beginning the 2nd

Never used them, haven't read any negative comments

$110 all in for an intermediate thru hertz I jumped as cancellable, no CC to book

Need to see if I still have hertz reward #/able to link to their form of garage pickup ?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter