**July 2020**

Your posts are so positive and gung ho for July, it boosts my spirits:) thank you 🙏!
You are so welcome! That was really nice of you to say and made me happy to read :hug: I'm trying lol! If I'm being honest it's not really my nature, I'm usually a "glass half empty" type of person. But I realized early on with all this craziness that I need to stay positive in everything or I'd go downhill quick :crazy: And on top of what we've all been going through travel is my business so I seriously needed and still need to be positive for clients! Besides they gotta open sometime :scared: I also know I have the luxury of going multiple times a year while many don't and I can only imagine the stress and sadness of having a "first" trip or "once in a lifetime" trip hanging in the air and I feel for all those who do; since we can't do anything at this point but wait we may as well wait with hope ::yes::

We all can have hope. We are celebrating my husband being 6 months cancer free. I know it’s not a long time for some, but for us it’s a lot. After 14 biopsies and one major surgery for malignant melanoma, my family could use some positive energy at our happy place.
That is wonderful news. Celebrate every milestone.

Well I now have both a reservation at Pop for July 28th-31st AND Cabana Bay at UO.... and leaning towards the UO vacation. I have to PIF for UO, mid June, so going to wait until then to see what rides are open and what Disney is doing Before making the final decision.

I hate to give up the free dining offer, but have another WDW trip planned for September where hopefully we can book a bounce back with free dining for 2021.

Head is swirling but I’m glad I made a plan B reservation.

Lots of FP shuffling today, which makes me think more folks are cancelling. If you’re still looking for hard to get FPs for July, stuff is definitely moving around. I got morning FPs for FoP and MMRR today on random refreshes during the week of July 13.

Lots of FP shuffling today, which makes me think more folks are cancelling. If you’re still looking for hard to get FPs for July, stuff is definitely moving around. I got morning FPs for FoP and MMRR today on random refreshes during the week of July 13.
I’m searching for seven dwarfs, that’s the only one I haven’t been able to get for July 10th.

So with the news of a 7/11 reopen at the OC task force meeting, we are officially cancelled for our July 6-11 trip. We had already scheduled another trip for November, so hopefully that one is a go. I wish all of you with late July trips good luck and a happy vacation 😀.

I just cancelled my July 25 trip. Too many restrictions to be worth the $$$ plus I’m not looking to be guinea pigs that close to opening. Oh well... hopefully next year 😢
In the same boat... half (or less) experience for the same price? I’ll cancel. I’m just going to wait a week or two since I assume the call center will be mobbed and I can’t cancel online.

Well our vacation we have had in the works for the better part of a year is officially sunk 😕. We will probably try our luck with Uni but we are really sad. I wish everyone luck and fun who are able to take their trips!

I'm really surprised they plan to open that long after Universal. I know it's a bigger park but dang!

Hugs to everyone who is now officially out :grouphug:

I'm really surprised they plan to open that long after Universal. I know it's a bigger park but dang!
I'm thinking that they'll let the other parks be the guinea pigs while they take the time to prep and do CM training.

As for us, we're still looking like we're on for July 18-26. It will come down to a few things for us:
1. First and foremost, if we feel like we're ready to travel again and feel safe doing so.
2. If the quarantine is lifted for folks from NY, NJ, CT.
3. How they handle the AP thing. Our APs started in late January, so we'll see if the extension starts 7/11 or 7/15 or maybe it will start beyond the initial phase...who knows.
4. How the park access reservation system shakes out. We're AP holders but stay offsite, so if there's a priority given to the WDW resort guests we might be hosed.
5. If we get to keep our reservation at our timeshare. Wyndham is doing reduced occupancy, so we may get the boot if they're booked beyond the percentage they want to be at.

A lessened experience doesn't bother me too much since we're lucky enough to be fairly frequent visitors.

I think we will move to August , I had some dining back ups for August, and all four parks will be open, giving them time. Not sure fast passes will matter as much in all of the reserved park entry anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter