July 2023 planning and chat thread!

Joining in late in the game. We will be there June 29-July 5 ( park days are June 30-July 3). I got 4 day park hoppers with Genie+ This trip was originally suppose to be in Aug 2020 and then was delayed a few times last year to daughters delayed passport. Glad that we are finally going. Staying at the HOJO as we did one our last visit 10 years ago.

I just booked WOC dessert party. This is a big splurge for me but as I am not staying at the Disneyland Hotel as I wanted originally I am justifying it. 😂. I also have brunch booked at Lamplight Lounge as my family are huge Pixar fans and breakfast at Carnation Cafe which is a tradition from my previous DL trips. No luck with Blue Bayou or Oga.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for an out of park Brunch or dinner on July 4th? We will be relaxing and just hitting Downtown Disney that day as I was concerned of the 4th of July crowd.

If you want a taste of Disney that day without entering either park, it looks like Storytellers at Grand California is offering a character brunch July 4th and still had availability right now.

Hi, I'm late but joining in. We are going July 14-15, one day at each park. We have dining reservations at Naples on the night of the 13th, Blue Bayou and Café Orleans on the 14th and Lamplight Lounge Brunch on the 15th. We also have a Wine Country Trattoria late lunch on the 14th but I don't know if we'll need it.

Hoping to get a WOC dessert party but no luck so far.

Hi, I'm late but joining in. We are going July 14-15, one day at each park. We have dining reservations at Naples on the night of the 13th, Blue Bayou and Café Orleans on the 14th and Lamplight Lounge Brunch on the 15th. We also have a Wine Country Trattoria late lunch on the 14th but I don't know if we'll need it.

Hoping to get a WOC dessert party but no luck so far.
Welcome to the thread!

Not sure how many there are in your group but there is availability for the dessert party for the second show on the 14th if that works for your plans? Nothing on the 15th sadly.

I have a MK and park reservations for July 16-19. It's still a little uncertain and I don't have the hotel figured out yet since I have no idea if anyone is coming with me :)

We are heading west from the Northeast for the first time July 1st-July 4th and staying at GCH/GCV. Post DL trip we are heading to San Diego for a wedding and will be there from the 4th-9th. We are doing the San Diego Zoo for my son's 5th birthday on the 5th, and probably will hit La Jolla at some point in there as well. Excited for the trip west and starting to do our homework on the differences between DL and WDW.

We plan to book storytellers character breakfast for our last day (July 4th) before making the drive to San Diego. Excited to try all the Disneyland food we can. In terms of the extras are there any that you definitely recommend (WOC dessert party? Fantasmic Dining Package?) is it doable to see Fantasmic and the fireworks the same night? We have Churros, monte cristo's, bread bowls and bengal bbq on the list of things to try...anything else we should definitely add on? Anything you would skip as WDW regulars? We are leaning towards skipping Star Wars land as everything seems pretty much identical. However, we were still planning to do most of the other rides, as there do seem to be slight variations between the DL versions and the WDW versions.
Check out the La Jolla tidepools!

It’s driving me nuts…

Got my first dinner reservation just fine on Monday… and today (while trying for Oga’s) the system says „it can’t verify my credit card“… grrr… I didn’t change anything…
OThe only explanation I have it’s blocked because I am from Germany and am holding 4 reservations from the same place in the USA (and therefore credit cards guarantees) and the transaction is somehow labeled untrustworthy… (well technically Disneyland is a money grab though… )
But still it’s nuts… 3 years ago I was even holding more reservations and was changing them constantly over the course of 3 days and everything was fine… and meanwhile I don’t even know if I need to call visa or my bank…
Let’s hope my backup debit card works tomorrow for trader sams…

Everything would be soo easy if it’s works according to plan…
(Not to mention the crazy refurbs popping up in calendar…)

It’s driving me nuts…

Got my first dinner reservation just fine on Monday… and today (while trying for Oga’s) the system says „it can’t verify my credit card“… grrr… I didn’t change anything…
OThe only explanation I have it’s blocked because I am from Germany and am holding 4 reservations from the same place in the USA (and therefore credit cards guarantees) and the transaction is somehow labeled untrustworthy… (well technically Disneyland is a money grab though… )
But still it’s nuts… 3 years ago I was even holding more reservations and was changing them constantly over the course of 3 days and everything was fine… and meanwhile I don’t even know if I need to call visa or my bank…
Let’s hope my backup debit card works tomorrow for trader sams…

Everything would be soo easy if it’s works according to plan…
(Not to mention the crazy refurbs popping up in calendar…)

I had a similar issue with my Canadian credit card. Luckily, my bank sends a text asking me to confirm that the transaction is legit and as soon as I confirmed it, I was able to get the reservation done! I would definitely call your bank/Visa to let them know the transactions are all good.

I had a similar issue with my Canadian credit card. Luckily, my bank sends a text asking me to confirm that the transaction is legit and as soon as I confirmed it, I was able to get the reservation done! I would definitely call your bank/Visa to let them know the transactions are all good.
Yep, I actually just got off the phone…
Got a SMS that they temporarily deactivated my online banking…(4h afterwards … ) the lady asked about my recent transaction that was blocked… of course quite cryptic names but I was able to catch Buena vista in between the gibberish and I said: yep, that was me…next was something with Disneyland and Anaheim in it so it was completely clear that everything is correct and no one stole my credit card/number and I’m the end she even wished me a good trip…

So everything should be in order for tomorrow… (and I have my debit card at the ready as backup for my credit card…)

I am just soooo glad that I tried today to book Oga‘s as backup plan when I didn’t really need it…
I would have been a little mad and sad if that had stoped me from booking trader Sams for our non-park day tomorrow…

Yes, I had this issue with my CIBC Mastercard last week trying to book the WOC Dessert party. It told me my credit card was not valid and about less Than less than a minute later the phone rang it it was CIBC calling to confirm it was legit. Afterwards, I tried again and it worked.

Yes, I had this issue with my CIBC Mastercard last week trying to book the WOC Dessert party. It told me my credit card was not valid and about less Than less than a minute later the phone rang it it was CIBC calling to confirm it was legit. Afterwards, I tried again and it worked.
Yep, CIBC Mastercard as well.

Just planned a one day trip July 2nd since we will already be down in Southern CA. I know one day is crazy but we are DL vets so we will be good!!! I have longer trips planned later in the year!

Just planned a one day trip July 2nd since we will already be down in Southern CA. I know one day is crazy but we are DL vets so we will be good!!! I have longer trips planned later in the year!

Added your one day trip to the list, we have a good number of us going in July!

I will be there from July 7-12! I am so sad that Alice, Soarin, the Monorail, and Fantasmic will be closed!

Is there an accurate calendar we can check?

I will be there from July 7-12! I am so sad that Alice, Soarin, the Monorail, and Fantasmic will be closed!

That's a huge bummer. We'll be there from the 7th - 9th and we love Soarin'. Was also really hoping to see the monorail with the Disney100 wrap on it.

That's a huge bummer. We'll be there from the 7th - 9th and we love Soarin'. Was also really hoping to see the monorail with the Disney100 wrap on it.
I am hoping they will only be closed for a few days and not the whole time!

Doing a one day trip for our first time at DL ever! I know it's crazy but we are lucky to be going on this trip as we are tagging along with my husband's work trip to LA. So me and my kids (son-15 and daughter 13) are going to do one day at Disneyland. We have 10 days at WDW at the end of August so we mainly want to see what Disneyland looks like and do some of the rides that are different between the two! We can't wait!

Your dates are almost identical to ours and I'm so sad that Alice is closed! My sister, who is really scared of heights is not sad at all that Soarin' is down!

I would have loved F! to be running as she has never seen it, but that just means we will have to get another trip planned soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter