July mini Dismeet

We plan on hitting the road tomorrow before 7am. I have calls at 0730 and throughout the day. Hopefully get to Anchor Down in Dandridge by 4pm their time and get setup for the night. Saturday morning head to Pine Mt to meet up with Kris and Bert and await Tigger92662's arrival on Friday.

It's been a crazy week at home and work. Work knows I'm gone starting tomorrow and EVERYONE is piling on requests they want before I leave. Thankfully I get to prioritize and have a great staff that can step in for some of it.

j

We are here. Took 4.75 hours traffic not too bad through PF. The car was a pain the entire time. Our next problem is our site is not ready because the people are still on it. They had issues so hopefully with in the hour we can get in.

it is HOT. We are going to cook.

Got into the site just after 3. Auxiliary ac set up first. Got the outside mostly done. Going to grocery store next then finish the inside. Still need to change Mallory’s bandage and she needs sutures.

We are here, hot and hungry.

6E37C0B7-0580-4281-AFEB-4D960C9E2DD5.jpeg

Glad you made it in safe. Which way you come in? Knoxville or through Townsend (hwy 321)

@tiggerdad you are funny came in via Knoxville. Honestly was not bad and traffic in PF was tons better than last time. I guess it helped we were earlier. Got out at 9:10 here just before 2. Then had to wait till 3. It’s all good though setup, had food, hoping the fridge cools down.

bert did a great job on Mallory sutures. he put in 4. Now getting ready for tomorrow. Little worried about Mallory all day in the RV tomorrow. Only bad thing about the big hike tomorrow is the doggie sitters don’t get here till Saturday and Sunday :rotfl2:

We did it. Out the door just past 7 am. Hiking at 7:42. Hiked 15.2 miles with 4200 ft of gain. reached the car at 3:58 back at the RV at 5 pm. It was cooler on the mountain but hiking Bull Head down in the heat through the burnt area was tough. We purchased a few things specific for this hike, we each got a Columbia sun hat at $20 a piece and the cheapest butt pad at $5 a piece. Both were worth it.

will come back with pics soon.

@Teamubr hope you made it ok into Dandridge. Will let you know when site is available. While we would love to hike tomorrow, I think getting up at 6 will be tough.

now to sit in the heat with Mallory and have dinner and consume adult beverages.

We purchased a few things specific for this hike, we each got a Columbia sun hat at $20 a piece and the cheapest butt pad at $5 a piece. Both were worth it.
It's been a long time since I hiked or backpacked seriously. I have a decent Columbia hat, but what is a "butt pad"?

Joe said he thinks he is on 18.

j

Last edited:
Something to sit on, but very light and thin. This way your butt does not have to sit on wet ground. Will show you tomorrow.

In case you were curious, the twin1by4 that liked your post is Donna. She made an account a long time ago, but never logged on. She wanted to see the pics of Mallory.

That is funny I saw that and was wondering who that was. I mean heck even the newer people I know the screen name. the pics were not great of Mallory because of the sun.

we had to sit outside last night because mallory loves being out when camping. It was ridiculously hot. We waited till 7 pm. At 7:30 I almost through in the towel and went in. Hung in there though and by 8 with sun going down it was much better. Need to consider it for dinners.

Something to sit on, but very light and thin. This way your butt does not have to sit on wet ground. Will show you tomorrow.

In Scouts we carried a small square of clear ground cloth plastic (thick/stiff kind not flimsy painter kind) and put it in a pocket (hiking) or under a sleeping bag strap (backpacking) and we called it a "sit-upon". You had to be careful to always fold the ground side against itself and make sure you put the same ground side facing the ground each time. But it worked fine.

However, some sort of "pad" meaning a slight amount of cushion for one's bum, sounds more attractive now that I'm older. :rolleyes:

Good pictures, Kris!

Bama Ed

We left Anchor Down right before the 11am check out time. Since we had 3 hours to kill, we decided to check out the Bass Pro Shop just across the highway. I was surprised at the prices on things. Picked up a nice button shirt on clearance for $9 and found a new Camelback pack for cheap.

It was about noon after shopping, so we decided to fight the traffic to Pigeon Forge. It was busy, but not crazy stop and go.

Arrived at Pine Mt RV Park about 1 and begged to come in. After some "I'm really not supposed to, but just this time", I was allowed to pass. Funny thing is, I had just finished unhooking and a camper pulled into the empty site next to me.

When we were here 4 years ago, we had a back in site by the creek. Lots of room to push off the back. This time, the only sites available were the pull throughs. They are a little tighter, although still plenty big. They are shorter than I remembered. I think my site is maybe 45 ft. The trailer (42 ft) just fits. No chance of getting the truck at either end.

Here we are. Site 20.

Kris and Bert are out hiking. We'll catch up with them later. It is another hot day (high of 97)

20200718_150031_copy_1843x1036.jpg20200718_150112_copy_1843x1037.jpg

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter