• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, free dining is offered in July, so WDW seems to be expecting lower crowds then.
Maybe see if there is any free dining availability at a resort you're interested in.

Interesting! I usually don’t pay attention to free dining times because we can’t do it with DVC, but you make a good point about free dining coinciding with a potentially slower time.

Good to know, just curious, are there more 15s groups at the parks in July or during January/February? (I had heard they were there in January, but not February)

Also, are the "super greeters" more helpful about discouraging behavior like cutting in line, loud chanting in indoor ques? (I have read in the past that this behavior was not really discouraged by the guides/chaperones)

I don't think it's even close, July is THE month for them.

No, the super greeters don't discourage the behavior.

I don't think it's even close, July is THE month for them.

No, the super greeters don't discourage the behavior.

That's pretty much why July is off my list, have heard/read too many horror stories about cutting, pushing, human chains, mountains of backpacks & loud chanting. I encountered one tour group in late July & got cut with my 2 kids by fast moving big crowd on the que in soarin' (the lead person had a flag and was aware of the cutting) . One experience with tour groups was enough for me!!

And the greeter/leader that I saw was just there to encourage fun, not enforce rules/ "no cutting" etiquette of any kind! :sad2:

It's a shame that the super greeters aren't squashing that type of behavior.

Last edited:

What are Super Greeters?
Super Greeters are College Students from Brazil that Disney brings in every July to "help" with The 15s.

They are stationed at all the Resorts that The 15s stay at(all Values(except AoA) and all Mods(POFQ being the least likely),all Theme and Water Parks and Disney Springs.

They are also called "Green Shirts" as they wear green shirts(one of Brazil's colors) with a Brazil flag on the sleeve.

Many of them also wear straw hats.

Most of the Super Greeters have previously worked an International Program at WDW.

We experienced this group this past July. We were on Test Track with them. Once the doors opened, they made everyone else stop to let the group go first. People weren’t happy.
The Legendary 15s strike again!lol:)

That's pretty much why July is off my list, have heard/read too many horror stories about cutting, pushing, human chains, mountains of backpacks & loud chanting. I encountered one tour group in late July & got cut with my 2 kids by fast moving big crowd on the que in soarin' (the lead person had a flag and was aware of the cutting) . One experience with tour groups was enough for me!!

And the greeter/leader that I saw was just there to encourage fun, not enforce rules/ "no cutting" etiquette of any kind! :sad2:

It's a shame that the super greeters aren't squashing that type of behavior.

They're really not THAT bad (at least not in the parks). They're more of an annoyance than anything. We've had one or two isolated incidents with them trying to interrupt my family with the arm-in-arm thing, but that was quickly solved. To be fair, we've also had times where one or two girls were very sweet to our kids.

Good to know, just curious, are there more 15s groups at the parks in July or during January/February? (I had heard they were there in January, but not February)

Also, are the "super greeters" more helpful about discouraging behavior like cutting in line, loud chanting in indoor ques? (I have read in the past that this behavior was not really discouraged by the guides/chaperones)
July is GROUND ZERO for The 15s!lol:)

January/February probably sees less than half the number of 15s compared to July.

But if they are in your Resort in your building that doesn't really matter!lol

February will only be Argentina 15s(and maybe a few small groups form other South American countries)as Brazil is back in school in February.

The Super Greeters,in our opinion,do try their best and,this past July was the best "behaved" we have seen The 15s since we started gong in July of 2003.

We saw only a few instances of all-out Chanting and no instances of Chant Dancing.

In years past Chanting was non-stop and Chant Dancing was everywhere-Main Street USA,etc.(once we saw a group Chant Dance as they arrived at EACH World Showcase Country!lol)

This past July we saw the Super Greeters "shut down" several Groups as they were starting a Chant.

Also,one of the SGs told us they are no longer allowed to go inside attractions and supervise the lines.

For all the negatives,The 15s can be fun to watch at times-this past July there was a group of about 30 Argentina 15s in Surfboard Bay and they had learned the name of the Lifeguard in their part of the Pool.

Whenever he would get up from the Lifeguard Chair to take a close look at his water,they would splash the Pool and shout:"PAUL! PAUL! PAUL!" etc.!!!!lol

And when they did it as he was leaving to take his break,he stopped and turned around and "took a bow" and The 15s went nuts!lol:)

The bottom lie is as long as there is a WDW,The 15s will be part of it-they put MILLION AND MILLIONS od dollars in Mickey's pocket each year!:)

We arrived at All-Star Sports yesterday and ,so far,it is just Cheerleaders here,but they are leaving today and I won't be surprised to see a wave of 15s take their place!lol:)

Here is a great link for you that gives some insight on The 15s and their value to The Mouse.

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/...s/disney-quinceanera-coming-of-age-party.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter