June 1, 2015 Wonder to Alaska

thank you! We were thinking of checking out Pikes Market... and I LOVE clam chowder so I shall definitely consider the recommendation.

Anyone else? And does anyone from Canada or the Washington (state) area know the actual drive time. I've heard getting across the board from Canada to US is a lengthy wait.
I believe it's about a two hour drive, maybe a little more. Getting across the border is unpredictable and will take extra time.

• Avoid weekend evenings Northbound
  • Avoid weekend mornings Southbound
  • Avoid long weekends
Tentatively... when do you want to cross? I say to budget three hours with breaks....
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...VDHG2vHec5AgpQ&oq=Canada+Place&mra=ls&t=m&z=8
Sadly-we were going to go down on Sunday--i was thinking of leaving really early and then leaving Seattle around 5pm and we'll make it back before 10p. I'm comparing it to driving from our home here in California to Las Vegas. It's about a 3.5-4.5 hour drive

Have you considered a Saturday Seattle day trip to be less stressful trying to get back the night before a cruise?
  • In general, southbound crossings before 7am is preferred to avoid long lines. Returning Saturday will have shorter lines than Sundays evenings.
  • With the Canadian dollar collapse, border congestion might be lighter than previous years.

How do we join the FE group?

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Have you considered a Saturday Seattle day trip to be less stressful trying to get back the night before a cruise?
  • In general, southbound crossings before 7am is preferred to avoid long lines. Returning Saturday will have shorter lines than Sundays evenings.
  • With the Canadian dollar collapse, border congestion might be lighter than previous years.
no i didn't consider saturday. We're flying in from southern california and don't get in until after noon into vancouver. we'd get into Seattle possible around 3-4p so I didn't think that gave us much time. I thought sunday would give us more of a full day there.

Here is the updated FE list. We've had a number of changes since the last post. Please make sure your information is correct and let me know if any changes need to be made. popcorn::Also, the list will be closed on April 1 in order to allow everyone time to gather their "pixie dust".pixiedust: At that point in time if any late comers want to start a new list they are more than welcome to do so. :thumbsup2

https://app.box.com/s/2w5dqh10u18nyot51m64

the link is to a PDF sheet of the list that cannot be altered

Hi all,

BF and I are on this cruise. First ever with Disney. First ever cruise period. First trip to Alaska. Heck despite having been to eight other countries in my life, first trip to Canada!

I greatly look forward to stalking, err, I mean, spending time with Donald Duck.

Welcome aboard!!! :thumbsup2 This is going to be a great cruise!

no i didn't consider saturday. We're flying in from southern california and don't get in until after noon into vancouver. we'd get into Seattle possible around 3-4p so I didn't think that gave us much time. I thought sunday would give us more of a full day there.

If there is an opportunity to change your flight... it might be cheaper to fly into Seattle on Saturday (or Friday), get a rental car there, explore Seattle and drive one way into Vancouver to drop off your car.
  • less flight time into Canada (save 30 minutes)
  • less driving time as it's one way Northbound (save 2 or 3 hours)
  • more time in Seattle and Vancouver with less driving.
  • save money on not paying for higher YVR landing fees.

If there is an opportunity to change your flight... it might be cheaper to fly into Seattle on Saturday (or Friday), get a rental car there, explore Seattle and drive one way into Vancouver to drop off your car.
  • less flight time into Canada (save 30 minutes)
  • less driving time as it's one way Northbound (save 2 or 3 hours)
  • more time in Seattle and Vancouver with less driving.
  • save money on not paying for higher YVR landing fees.

I thought about that but I was thinking driving in and returning the rental car might be a little much. I'll check the flights and kept the hotel nights in Vancouver. Thanks!

fyi.... consider Alamo or National for a car rental. They allow you to drop the car off inside the cruise terminal.

fyi.... consider Alamo or National for a car rental. They allow you to drop the car off inside the cruise terminal.

Oh sad day...I get a discount with Hertz because of my work. But it looked close enough ;-)

Hello All,

I am new to the DIS Discussion Forums so I hope I am doing this correctly. My husband, myself and our two kids (ages 5 and 2) will be joining everyone on this June 1st Alaska cruise. We are VERY excited for this trip! This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise, with hopefully more to come.

Hi. We just made reservations for the June 1st Alaska trip too and my daughter reminded me of the FE. Can I sign up too? :)
We just became platinum castaway members. (Think the only thing is discount % and being able to book earlier for excursions) :)
Please let me know, I'm not too familiar with DIS Boards and how to do this. The kids are SUPER EXCITED and we've never been to Alaska.

FE info:
Cabin # not sure yet
Last Name Mitchell
All first names and ages: Elaine & Gary AND Marina 10 AND Grant 7
Any special occasions and/or allergies- N/A

Thanks,
Elaine

Last edited:
Oh sad day...I get a discount with Hertz because of my work. But it looked close enough ;-)
Hertz is a 3 block walk up/down hills with your luggage. There's an elevator at Pacific Rim and Pan Pacific to make it a little easier.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward recently to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

So how is this working?
Here's my info:
Shawn and Sara Richter
Cabin # unk at this time
We have no kids so would prefer an adult only list but are willing to participate in any type of group!

I know we've had some new people to join this Dis Board. If anyone is interested in being a part of the fish extender list just let me know.

Here's an updated link.

https://app.box.com/s/2w5dqh10u18nyot51m64. :cool1:
Hi. Can you add me to the FE list for Alaska June 1, 2015?
We don't have our Room # yet.
2 Adults / 2 Children: Elaine & Gary Mitchell, Marina (Girl 10) and Grant (Boy 7)
Thank you for setting this up! :)

** No one has been updating on this forum since Feb 10, not sure if anyone can help me get in contact with "Mommynurseof2", who is setting up the FE, please. :) We'd like to be added to the list. Thank you, Elaine

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter