**June 2016 check in**

We're celebrating my 50th bday, and our 25th wedding anniversary, June 24-26, with another visit during the week. So excited we'll be staying at DL Hotel, and planning to make dinner reservations for Carthay Circle. Family loves "World of Color," so we like to do meal/reserved seating, but this is a super great treat. Trip will be me, hubby, DD18 and DD15. Girls are planning to Disneybound while we're there, and we're all super excited to be heading to our home away from home!

I will be attending a conference while there, so hubby and daughters will have some tourist time outside of the parks. Of course, the girls want to go to new Harry Potter, but my husband is concerned about cost and crowds. Any suggestions for a dad and teenage daughters adventure in So Cal?

We're celebrating my 50th bday, and our 25th wedding anniversary, June 24-26, with another visit during the week. So excited we'll be staying at DL Hotel, and planning to make dinner reservations for Carthay Circle. Family loves "World of Color," so we like to do meal/reserved seating, but this is a super great treat. Trip will be me, hubby, DD18 and DD15. Girls are planning to Disneybound while we're there, and we're all super excited to be heading to our home away from home!

I will be attending a conference while there, so hubby and daughters will have some tourist time outside of the parks. Of course, the girls want to go to new Harry Potter, but my husband is concerned about cost and crowds. Any suggestions for a dad and teenage daughters adventure in So Cal?

And I need to change my signature -- it's all wrong!

We're going June 10th-17th with 5 day park hoppers. Of course 2 of those days are Grad nights. Don't know what to expect with those days, but we were there during CHOC walk last Oct when it was 100'+ so hoping it's not worse than that, lol.

I am getting soo excited!! Since we are flying the kids "Easter Baskets" were carry on suitcases they also got stuff to do on the plane and they got their made with magic wand/paintbrush and ear hat, my son got the 60th anniversary one and DD got one that is a lot of different characters outlined in different colors and both of them were so pretty when I got them I was amazed!! I am debating still on BB PTN dinner its so expensive and now reports are coming out about the areas being very crowded, and I hadn't planned on doing a character meal but DS still wants to eat at Goofy's even though I told him we wouldn't see all the characters we use to.

I am getting soo excited!! Since we are flying the kids "Easter Baskets" were carry on suitcases they also got stuff to do on the plane and they got their made with magic wand/paintbrush and ear hat, my son got the 60th anniversary one and DD got one that is a lot of different characters outlined in different colors and both of them were so pretty when I got them I was amazed!! I am debating still on BB PTN dinner its so expensive and now reports are coming out about the areas being very crowded, and I hadn't planned on doing a character meal but DS still wants to eat at Goofy's even though I told him we wouldn't see all the characters we use to.

Cute idea for the Easter baskets!

I was dead set on doing BB PtN, too, but the menu just seems *fine* for the price of the package, and I'm nervous about the recent reviews about the crowds as well.
I've been taking such a laid back approach to this trip...I'm entertaining the idea of not making any ADRs at all...now, that is not likely to actually happen, but I've entertained it, LOL!! The only thing I know for sure is, if I don't have lobster nachos at Cove Bar, I may die. Haha!

I am with you guys on PTN. We were all about doing it as we planned to eat there anyway. But... now the reports aren't great lately and it is still a $60 upcharge for us. But.... the night we are planning on seeing it (June 9) is a Grad Night and I have read mixed reviews about how much they impact parade viewing. This is really by far the best night in our schedule to see the parade- so June 9 it is, but we might just eat at BB and get our own seats for the parade. I actually think I am leaning that way. Then we can get ice cream while we wait to kill some of the time. Once Grad Nights start, I may ask out there how early do we need to get there for a curb seat (or even first row standing) on Main St. We want to watch on Main St so we can leave afterwards. If reports are over 90 minutes- I will go with PTN. I also read they might be going to just one parade a night.... if that happens.... oh man. That may also kick me to do the package.

I am with you guys on PTN. We were all about doing it as we planned to eat there anyway. But... now the reports aren't great lately and it is still a $60 upcharge for us. But.... the night we are planning on seeing it (June 9) is a Grad Night and I have read mixed reviews about how much they impact parade viewing. This is really by far the best night in our schedule to see the parade- so June 9 it is, but we might just eat at BB and get our own seats for the parade. I actually think I am leaning that way. Then we can get ice cream while we wait to kill some of the time. Once Grad Nights start, I may ask out there how early do we need to get there for a curb seat (or even first row standing) on Main St. We want to watch on Main St so we can leave afterwards. If reports are over 90 minutes- I will go with PTN. I also read they might be going to just one parade a night.... if that happens.... oh man. That may also kick me to do the package.
I'm with you. We planned to eat at BB but with all the mixed reviews I'm on the fence. I also don't think the kids would like the food. I just don't want to camp out for 2 hours just to get a good spot. I'm thinking BB might be the only ADR we make. We did plan to do Goofy's on our arrival day since we can't go into the parks but I read that Plaza Inn is better but I don't want to give up park time. The character meal is mostly for DD9 who was only 2 the last time we were there so there will be lots of first for her. Too many decisions.........

Cute idea for the Easter baskets!

I was dead set on doing BB PtN, too, but the menu just seems *fine* for the price of the package, and I'm nervous about the recent reviews about the crowds as well.
I've been taking such a laid back approach to this trip...I'm entertaining the idea of not making any ADRs at all...now, that is not likely to actually happen, but I've entertained it, LOL!! The only thing I know for sure is, if I don't have lobster nachos at Cove Bar, I may die. Haha!
I want to try them sooo bad!!! I also considered not making ADRs if we dont do BB we are going to do the buffet at PP one night but I dont think you need a reservation for that if we dont do BB we may do Cafe Orleans so I might make one for that

yeah Im thinking if the parade is just once a night that may make me go ahead and spend the money for the package also!

We are eating at Ariels for lunch as our other ADR. We have the worst luck with character meals but we keep trying them, haha! We wanted to do this last trip but it was closed.

Ok, we're all updated again!!

How about a question of the day to get some activity going??

Does your family enjoy character meet and greets? What has been your best experience, and who are you looking forward to meeting next?

As for me, I LOVE meet and greets!! My kids do too, which I love. I'm glad they aren't all "I'm too old for that now", and indulge their loving mother :-):-)

Our favorite experience so far was the boys' first visit, when they met Chip and Dale. C&D were in full form and really had fun with the kids, lots of hugs and chasing and hat stealing.

We are looking forward to meeting Oswald, Nick and Judy, and anyone else we happen to come across on our June trip!

I figured my kids wouldn't want autograph books this time but they said they do! I also want to meet Oswald!! I am hoping we get to see Zootopia before we go and they will be excited about meeting those characters too!!

I've told this story on the DIS before- but this was hands down our best character interaction so far....

We went to Disneyland in Feb 2015 with my DS 4 and my DD was almost 3. DS dressed as Peter Pan and we were looking out for Peter or Captain Hook. City Hall told us they roamed so no real time to meet them. We were getting on Storbookland Canal Boats when we saw Peter against the railing. Oh no!!! We were gonna miss him. Luckily, he was still there when the ride over so we booked it over there. We got in line quick and we're happy to see Peter make eye contact with DS- we knew he wouldn't leave.

As we got up there, he asked my kids "do you want to go on adventure?" They were sorta star struck, but said yes. There was one little girl behind us. He took a picture with her and then took my kids skipping through Fantasyland over near where the hub meets the castle and Pixie Hollow (a pretty long way). The picture is my avatar. He tells them they are going on a treasure hunt and they start digging through the bushes. At last, he finds two pine cones. My son said "the treasure is a pine one?" Peter replied "it's a treasure because we found it together." It was so sweet and perfect.

I've told this story on the DIS before- but this was hands down our best character interaction so far....

We went to Disneyland in Feb 2015 with my DS 4 and my DD was almost 3. DS dressed as Peter Pan and we were looking out for Peter or Captain Hook. City Hall told us they roamed so no real time to meet them. We were getting on Storbookland Canal Boats when we saw Peter against the railing. Oh no!!! We were gonna miss him. Luckily, he was still there when the ride over so we booked it over there. We got in line quick and we're happy to see Peter make eye contact with DS- we knew he wouldn't leave.

As we got up there, he asked my kids "do you want to go on adventure?" They were sorta star struck, but said yes. There was one little girl behind us. He took a picture with her and then took my kids skipping through Fantasyland over near where the hub meets the castle and Pixie Hollow (a pretty long way). The picture is my avatar. He tells them they are going on a treasure hunt and they start digging through the bushes. At last, he finds two pine cones. My son said "the treasure is a pine one?" Peter replied "it's a treasure because we found it together." It was so sweet and perfect.

This is ADORABLE. Love it!!

ASmermaid-I don't think I can top that one! We did have a fun interaction with the Queen of Hearts. She kept in character and was mean poking fun at DH which made all the kids laugh.

We also had great character interaction a loooong time ago at Goofys so sad that the last time we were there not so many characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter