June 2019 Check In

Planning an SWGE trip with DS June 1 - Jun 4. Staying at DH to take advantage of the reservation option. Know that it will be a madhouse but super excited. Noticed the DL is closing at 6pm on Jun 2. Does anyone have any insights?

Planning an SWGE trip with DS June 1 - Jun 4. Staying at DH to take advantage of the reservation option. Know that it will be a madhouse but super excited. Noticed the DL is closing at 6pm on Jun 2. Does anyone have any insights?
It could be some sort of event. Nothing has been announced yet though.

Guests staying at one of the 3 onsite hotels have started receiving their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservations. Reservations are for a 4 hour window, with a start time and end time, on ONE day of the hotel reservations. Some people are reporting that their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation is on their check in day and some are reporting that their Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation is on their check out day. They are also reporting that their hotel check in details are wrong and that they have been give a Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation for the day before they actually check in to the hotel

Check the first post for updates

I got through!!!! Everyone is correct -- glitch in the reservation system sent to the folks at Disney sending out the reservations for SWGE. It has the date of arrival 1 day early. Disney is aware and is fixing this. The gal I talked to recommended waiting a day or two and calling back (number at the bottom of your reservation). She assured me that waiting a day will not endanger your reservation. Disney will resend the reservation once the screw up is fixed.

It could be some sort of event. Nothing has been announced yet though.

... Today DL released park hours for 6/2: 8am - 6pm, which confirms earlier speculation about why people were unable to book any F! dining packages that day. Clearly there is going to be a special event...

Maybe this has already been discussed ..., but I was talking to my sister yesterday who works in travel. She said the biggest travel convention in the US is happening that opening weekend in Anaheim. She'll be there for work. She said Disneyland is hosting the party event that happens in the evening. I thought she said it was scheduled for Saturday, but maybe she said Sunday. She said she wouldn't be surprised if they shut down all of Disneyland for the party. When Disney World hosted, they shut down Magic Kingdom.

I think these posts may answer the question about the odd hours on June 2nd.

I just got an answer after being on hold for about 70 minutes. The cast member that answered was very polite. She said several guests have called for the same reason as me. The Star Wars reservation email has the incorrect arrival date. She verified my correct hotel reservation information and said to just shift one day. My May 30 reservation is incorrect. Galaxy’s Edge will not be open on May 30. So my corrected GE reservation is May 31, 11am-3pm. She said I will be getting another email with the correct GE reservation information.

Disneyland Hotel Check In May 30 Check Out June 3
SWGE reservation: May 31, 11am-3pm

We'll be at Paradise Pier checking in June 3 and checking out June 7. We are WDW regulars but our kids (teens) have never been to DL. So it's a whole new world for us!!

Reservations for Star Wars Galaxys Edge for offsite guests between May 31 and June 23 will start on May 2swge.JPG

I am so glad we'll finally know soon. I'd like to see GE but if it doesn't happen we'll still have an amazing vacation but looking forward to having an answer one way or the other so I can start finalizing plans.

I am so glad we'll finally know soon. I'd like to see GE but if it doesn't happen we'll still have an amazing vacation but looking forward to having an answer one way or the other so I can start finalizing plans.

What are your dates as I dont seem to have you listed on the first post :)

Assuming a 1 day shift on the emails I received, here are my dates & times.....

DLH 5/30-5/31 w/ SWGE on 5/31 8-12.

GCH 5/31-6/2 w/ SWGE on 6/1 11-3.

6/1 - 6/6 at PPH. Got my SW:GE reservation today and like many others, got a time slot prior to my flight even leaving FL. SMH. I will call if necessary, but will wait to see if Disney automatically switches the date/dates of stay, BUT if they move my time slot to Sunday, 6/2 I will definitely request a change. With the park closing early that day, I am not spending $400+ to try to see all of DL and squeeze in SW:GE as well.

phew, that was a mad few hours, all hotel details and Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation info has now been added to the first post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter