** June 2020 Check In **

Hello Everyone!

I'll be making my first trip to Disneyland and California 5/29 - 6/5. I'm going to be traveling solo and staying at the the Tropicana. I'm super excited to go out there for the first time, but as a frequent WDW vet I feel so out of my element. Any tips from a frequent Disneyland vet would be appreciated. I know its supposed to be so much more relaxed and easier in California cause there isn't as much pressure to get stuff done so in advance, but I feel like I'm going to get there and not know what to do or that I've missed doing the few things in advance that I should have. My plans are to arrive on the 29th and spend that day as well as the 30th and 31st seeing some California sights. I want to go to a beach since I'm not going to fly across the entire country and not put a couple of toes in the Pacific. I intend to rent a car just for those days. I'll be in the parks 6/1-6/4 and won't need the car then.
See these threads with very helpful information:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic and a must read for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- so many helpful threads found here!
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/ -- DLR has MP (which WDW vets love!) and free legacy FP -- ask any MP/FP questions here!
"Comparing DLR's MaxPass to WDW's FastPass+" - https://www.disboards.com/threads/comparing-dlrs-maxpass-to-wdws-fastpass.3726294/
"World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447 -- a wonderful show and totally unique to DCA -- study the first post and ask all questions in that thread!
Fantasmic Dining Reserved Seating Question -- F! originated at DL and most WDW vets agree that DL has the better show (while WDW has the better seating!) -- BB's dining package comes with a souvenir seat cushion and lets you eat inside the POTC bayou (fun!) -- HB's package is the most economical -- all regular dining packages (HB, BB, RBT) have ground seating right up by the water with the best views. There is a RBT Premium Package that has chairs, but the view is not so great. If you can sit on the ground, the other packages are worth it!
"Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information" by @3TinksAndAnEeyorewww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2318297 -- any questions on how to get to DLR from the airport? Ask here!
Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3* -- if you'll be wanting to ride ROTR, keep up with this thread! Ask all questions here!
New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019) -- ask all other SWGE questions here!
Any other questions? Ask away!

After debating for almost a year, I just booked a trip with a good friend in June for my birthday. (The ticket price increase kicked me into gear to make up my mind, and I bought our 4 day PH tickets at the old prices through aRes Travel yesterday.) Flying down June 15th and home on June 20th. Staying at the Desert Inn and Suites.

5/31-6/3 staying at Worldmark Anaheim. I'm debating arriving a couple days earlier. I really want to splurge and stay at a Disney Hotel for a night or two, but not sure if it's worth if 😬

Hello! Graduation gift/senior trip for my oldest daughter June 21-25 staying at the Fairfield Inn. It will be our second visit and we are all very excited!

Me and the kids (ds14,dd12). 6/10-6/27. Road trip: Oregon, Virginia City, Rhyolite, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Knotts, Getty Villa, DLR (6/17-23), Alcatraz/Fisherman's Warf, Redwoods. Ramada Inn Maingate North

Anyone thinking about canceling their trip because of the Coronavirus?

We aren't. I just hope they don't close the parks here like Disney parks in other countries!

We aren't. I just hope they don't close the parks here like Disney parks in other countries!

No

I'm travelling from Ireland and unless my Government declares a travel advisory for the state of California I will be getting on the plane and travelling to LA. Even if Disney close the parks under an internal policy I will still travel to LA. Disneyland is just a part of my LA trip. I have a travel disruption clause as part of my travel insurance which covers flight and other cancellations due to Government Travel Advisories, not cancellations due to fear .

I don't intend to cancel either unless they do close the parks. I guess we all just have to hope for the best it doesn't come to that or the virus is starting to phase out by then.

We are not going to cancel. If the parks close that’s another story of course but if they are open we’re going with our trip as planned.

Me and the kids (ds14,dd12). 6/10-6/27. Road trip: Oregon, Virginia City, Rhyolite, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Knotts, Getty Villa, DLR (6/17-23), Alcatraz/Fisherman's Warf, Redwoods. Ramada Inn Maingate North

I see you’ll be in SF. If you have spare time, you may want to consider the Walt Disney Family Museum in SF. It is fantastic, and your kids are old enough to enjoy it, I think.

If the parks are open, we’ll be there. But since we’re driving, the only thing we’d have to cancel is the hotel reservation. We haven’t bought tickets yet - don’t really see the need to this early.

Our AP's expire on 6/15 so we're trying to figure out a good time to use them one more time before then. (we are in Oklahoma and were just at DL in Feb). Really want to see Avengers Campus so we're waiting to set dates in the hope that it's open before mid-June. Crossing our fingers!

I see you’ll be in SF. If you have spare time, you may want to consider the Walt Disney Family Museum in SF. It is fantastic, and your kids are old enough to enjoy it, I think.

If the parks are open, we’ll be there. But since we’re driving, the only thing we’d have to cancel is the hotel reservation. We haven’t bought tickets yet - don’t really see the need to this early.

We bought our park tickets already so we could get the 2019 pricing. Kind of regretting it now because they expire at the end of the year.

We have a 3 day drive to get there. And 4 days back. So lots of hotels. I just don't want the park to close when we've already driving for 2 days or something!

We bought our park tickets already so we could get the 2019 pricing. Kind of regretting it now because they expire at the end of the year.

We have a 3 day drive to get there. And 4 days back. So lots of hotels. I just don't want the park to close when we've already driving for 2 days or something!
Just because DLR tickets expire does not mean they lose their monetary value. You can apply expired (but unused) DLR tickets toward the cost of new tickets. So if you don't visit this year, but do visit next year, just bring your unused, expired tickets to the ticket booths to apply them toward new tickets. You will only pay the price difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter