~June 27, 2009 Western, anyone?~

Hi gang!
I tried to go through the 27 pages of postings but I have to run to Macy's and try to find a dress. Taryn says that we are going to try to meet on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Goofy Pool (got it from LadyLion's DD) Are we trying again in Key West at 10:30 before everyone runs to Margaritaville? If so, where are we meeting?

See you guys soon (off to also find some coasters... :lmao::lmao::lmao:)

Hey there, I think you've got it! 3:00 Saturday Goofy Pool, 10:30 Sunday Promenade Lounge.

The thinking was that some families might be too busy for the Goofy Pool meet because things get so hectic right after boarding the ship. So, in case we miss some folks on Saturday we also said we'd meet on Sunday. Looks like the ship doesn't dock until 11:30, so this should give some folks time for church or recovering from hangovers or whatever.

mom2m2j - glad you got the doctor visit in! Three of us are on antibiotics right now - sinus issues, etc. - and we're usually very healthy! Ugh!! Better safe than sorry! I hope your little one is doing better.

We're heading out to Sanaa, the new restaurant at the AKL. Never been there and love trying new things. :cool1:

Hey there, I think you've got it! 3:00 Saturday Goofy Pool, 10:30 Sunday Promenade Lounge.

Don't forget Starboard side (Terminal side)

mom2m2j - glad you got the doctor visit in! Three of us are on antibiotics right now - sinus issues, etc. - and we're usually very healthy! Ugh!! Better safe than sorry! I hope your little one is doing better.

Thanks, I'm always amazed at how quickly they feel better with a dose of Motrin and an antibiotic. With DH traveling this week, I'm sooo glad it's not me. The last 2 times I've been getting ready for vacation (we were flying) I've had awful inner ear infections.

We're heading out to Sanaa, the new restaurant at the AKL. Never been there and love trying new things. :cool1:

Hope you enjoyed your dinner!!

Hey!
Found a dress and go shoes for the other dress. I'll pack tomorrow... the kids are packed so that's what counts. FE gifts? What FE gifts????;)

We have tickets!!! Didn't get around to canx the kennel yet.

Packing is putzing along. slowly

The new doc will take some getting used to for the whole office, good thing I won't be there for it. (I work in a psych clinic and don't usually see every pt before they see the docs, this guy wants ALL his seen by me first. :headache:) Today everyone said to have a fruity drink for them.

DH booked a room at Sugar Loaf Key at the Grand Floridian for July 4th! For my birthday! (Actual date is the following weekend, but don't want to make a return trip back to back weekends). Thinking about hanging out at the pool for the day and Wishes that night!

I finished door magnets this weekend. Kinda recycled a couple from a few years ago and made a few new ones.

Oh, Rosie. DH and I were band geeks growing up. We both played trumpet in the marching band. He in Florida, myself in Ohio. But we both love sports. I think I did marching band more for an excuse to get out of the house every Friday Night in HS and to ride the band bus to away games. (I think I would have made a better FB player than band member). :cheer2:

Kitchen and bathrooms are finally cleaned, last laundry will be done tomorrow. Clothes go in the suitcases on Thursday. Only 3 more wake ups before we fly down. Our close friends are presently in Disney World with the whole family - all they did was text me today and tell me how much fun they were having. i think that was pretty nasty of them. Too bad I won't be able to text them every day from the ship to return the favor! Two more days of school,then time for a pedi. Let the vacation begin!

DSC05847-1.jpg
[/IMG]

The Atlantis in Nassau.

Oh, Rosie. DH and I were band geeks growing up. We both played trumpet in the marching band. He in Florida, myself in Ohio. But we both love sports. I think I did marching band more for an excuse to get out of the house every Friday Night in HS and to ride the band bus to away games. (I think I would have made a better FB player than band member). :cheer2:

Wow, those statements hit home here too! I was a band geek but played sports too. I LOVE football but played the FLUTE - how diverse is that??? :scared1:

Our close friends are presently in Disney World with the whole family - all they did was text me today and tell me how much fun they were having. i think that was pretty nasty of them. Too bad I won't be able to text them every day from the ship to return the favor!

We did this last evening - kept texting photos from our dinner at Sanaa to friends back home! :laughing: I hope to capture on my cell phone video the announcement of our family boarding the ship, as well as the countdown to the ship's horn sounding, and text those back home before we put the phones away for the week!! I'll probably mess that up, but am gonna try!! :)

panic really setting in now. Have to pack tomorrow in between work meetings! Can't wait to see everyone Saturday!
img_0558.jpg

love the pics!

Just called DCL. In the middle of the night I realized: wait... the "Birthday Celebration" is going to the wrong room. It took 1/2 hour (because they can't just send a message saying: put it in the other room) but we switched it to DS/DD room. I couldn't book DS and DD in the same room back in 2007 cause he wasn't 18 yet. He actually turns 18 on Saturday, how cool is that! :banana:

Band things:
Well, I don't care for football much, but before y'all start throwing balls at me let me explain: I grew up with SOCCER (Mexico City) so although I like it, I find it a bit too slow... so I was never a band geek because no marching band/pep band needed for soccer. Plus I was at an all girls school with no teams :rotfl2::rotfl2:

DD plans to live at Diversions watching Baseball... Go Giants!

And now to finish a magnet or two for DD and then pack and then tonight we are going to SPAMALOT!

panic really setting in now. Have to pack tomorrow in between work meetings! Can't wait to see everyone Saturday!

Just throw everything in your suitcase and send it to get pressed when you get to the ship! The expense is worth the lessening of the stress!!!! My DH is packing Thursday night, if he gets out of work at a decent hour...

Just throw everything in your suitcase and send it to get pressed when you get to the ship! The expense is worth the lessening of the stress!!!!

That's what we've decided to do. Especially since we packed one suitcase for only the cruise stuff, and it's been sitting all packed for days. Everything is going to be a mess!!

lmj - I love that photo!!!

Mary: as much as I teased you about shoes now we have a suitcase dedicated just to shoes, but for the whole family AND i bought an extra pair of sandals yesterday! DH said "more shoes?":lmao:

Mary: as much as I teased you about shoes now we have a suitcase dedicated just to shoes, but for the whole family AND i bought an extra pair of sandals yesterday! DH said "more shoes?":lmao:

Here's how I look at it ... DH and DS each have a very heavy pair of dress shoes. That they will wear like 2 times. About 10 pair of my flip-flops/sandals are the same weight as one pair of their shoes. I slipped most of mine in those outside pockets of the suitcases without adding any weight! (And without anybody watching... :thumbsup2 )

Hey, we women can justify anything!!

I even packed my Penn State Nittany Lion flip-flops!! Maybe I'll wear them to the port on Saturday ... so if you don't see my green ribbon but you do see LadyLion footwear ... you'll know it's me. :)

Here's how I look at it ... DH and DS each have a very heavy pair of dress shoes. That they will wear like 2 times. About 10 pair of my flip-flops/sandals are the same weight as one pair of their shoes. I slipped most of mine in those outside pockets of the suitcases without adding any weight! (And without anybody watching... :thumbsup2 )

Hey, we women can justify anything!!

I even packed my Penn State Nittany Lion flip-flops!! Maybe I'll wear them to the port on Saturday ... so if you don't see my green ribbon but you do see LadyLion footwear ... you'll know it's me. :)

I just had an idea: I can fit my flip flops inside DS shoes!

I just had an idea: I can fit my flip flops inside DS shoes!

That's a great idea! I agree with you Ladylion, Walt's one pair of dress shoes will weigh much more than my 5 pairs of sandals!

Well, today was the last day of school for the kids, now we just have to have our rooms checked out and wait until 12:00 for our paychecks, what a waste of valuable time! Don't they know I have a cruise to finish getting ready for? I mean, I have to get a pedicure, pick up my prescriptions, hopefully pick up my glasses, and also move the lawn! Clothes will go into the suitcases tomorrow so that as soon as Walt gets home on Friday, we can head to the airport. Only two more wake-ups!!!
Can you believe it's almost here? Hope those of you already there are enjoying your pre-cruise stay. How's the weather been?

PB080106.jpg
[/IMG]

Just throw everything in your suitcase and send it to get pressed when you get to the ship! The expense is worth the lessening of the stress!!!! My DH is packing Thursday night, if he gets out of work at a decent hour...

You stole my idea!!!!

Chris will be the only teenager doing laundry on the ship. He has been most uncooperative with the packing issue. :mad: also had to remind him we could still send him to relatives in OH, WI, or FL. He thinks we can drive him across town whenever he feels like it to work out for football (like friday morning). :eek: Being a teen boy! Also reminded him we can turn his KTTW card into a KTTR card. (NO charging). He is usually so sweet and nice, I think he has vacationitis.

DH has 5 pairs of shoes lined up for packing. I'm soo proud. :lovestruc

I have 8 shoes at this point, but not even close to being done.

Cleaning hahaha. Did get a few more groceries for the housesitter. frozen food, bread, fruit, & organic milk. Hope he likes it. maybe need to do a list for him also.

Tip envelopes labeled and stuffed. need to sign contract I think.

Priced our cruise last night and tonight. Price went down a whole $15 (for our pretend family). but last night had Cats 4, 5,6,7, 8, & 11. Tonight only Cats 5, 6, 7, & 8. I thought they quit selling 3 days before???

Bedtime, still gotta work tomorrow ALL DAY!:surfweb:

You stole my idea!!!!

Chris will be the only teenager doing laundry on the ship. He has been most uncooperative with the packing issue. :mad: also had to remind him we could still send him to relatives in OH, WI, or FL. He thinks we can drive him across town whenever he feels like it to work out for football (like friday morning). :eek: Being a teen boy! Also reminded him we can turn his KTTW card into a KTTR card. (NO charging). He is usually so sweet and nice, I think he has vacationitis.

DH has 5 pairs of shoes lined up for packing. I'm soo proud. :lovestruc

I have 8 shoes at this point, but not even close to being done.

Cleaning hahaha. Did get a few more groceries for the housesitter. frozen food, bread, fruit, & organic milk. Hope he likes it. maybe need to do a list for him also.

Tip envelopes labeled and stuffed. need to sign contract I think.

Priced our cruise last night and tonight. Price went down a whole $15 (for our pretend family). but last night had Cats 4, 5,6,7, 8, & 11. Tonight only Cats 5, 6, 7, & 8. I thought they quit selling 3 days before???

Bedtime, still gotta work tomorrow ALL DAY!:surfweb:

Loved your KTTR threat... I hope 3 days before the cruise means tomorrow. I forgot to cancel an excursion (the jeep thing in Cozumel...). Interesting when I checked the other night only Cat 5 was available....

DH's favorite princess. He's says it's because she's French. Don't think I believe him.
Belle.jpg
[/IMG]

I LOVE that picture. My DD22 also loves Belle, we'll have to get a pic with her while on board. Packing Packing Packing.......

How's the weather been?

Hi all - it's been hot!! Our villa at OKW is located just steps from a quiet pool ... and it sure has been quiet!! Probably because the water is so warm it's not even refreshing. At times, we've been the only ones hanging at the pool ... reading, listening to music ... but later in the day it's just too hot to enjoy and the water temp doesn't help.

Thunderstorms at night but haven't had rain during the day.

Forecast for sailaway day is hot (in the 90s) with a chance of a shower, hopefully not for the sailaway party!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter